Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Self-Employed

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Unemployed

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Retired

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
A recession is defined as two consecutive economic quarters that produce a loss. We are not in a recession according to the definition. I agree, economic growth has slowed, however not declined.

We are not in a recession. I am personally doing better than ever in my life. The Liberals should tell all the shoppers in the Northeast and the Midwest that the economy is bad and that they should stop shopping....stop driving.....

If you gainfully employed and making your payments right now, times are actually not too bad. Your increased food and gasoline budget is likely more than offset by savings on your variable, prime rate tied, credit accounts if you are carrying balances of $30,000 or more. My food and gas budget are up about $170 over this time last year but my min payment debt payments are down over $250.... Add to that I went the garden route and now don't have to buy any vegatables at the store at all for the next three months....and I bought a whole cow and a whole pig for a combined $1.75/lb....

in my opinion you have several factors at work....

presidential election and the impact of the press....

international banking crisis due to bad paper on the home loan issue....

colapse of the home building industry which was esentially driving the economy since 01.....

the current search for the new economic driver for the next cycle.....

my prediction is the "green industry".......and "green banking funds" to fund the construction industry....

in my opinion you have several factors at work....

presidential election and the impact of the press....

international banking crisis due to bad paper on the home loan issue....

colapse of the home building industry which was esentially driving the economy since 01.....

the current search for the new economic driver for the next cycle.....

my prediction is the "green industry".......and "green banking funds" to fund the construction industry....

Was tech stocks and .com stuff in the 90's, then home prices went nuts on the coasts and some SunBelt (BTW, home prices are down only 2% in the Omaha market, +2 in the $100,000-$250,000 range). Green is right. Need to wait a bit to see what is going to be the "winning" technology, electric, fuel cell, wind......good bet is something common to all, like battery technology. Another promising investment may be in the new boiler machines that take advantage of quantum mechanics by tapping the intermediate states of hydrogen electrons and give off light which is captures as a laser and used to make steam....could be a big one....have to see, though

Was tech stocks and .com stuff in the 90's, then home prices went nuts on the coasts and some SunBelt (BTW, home prices are down only 2% in the Omaha market, +2 in the $100,000-$250,000 range). Green is right. Need to wait a bit to see what is going to be the "winning" technology, electric, fuel cell, wind......good bet is something common to all, like battery technology. Another promising investment may be in the new boiler machines that take advantage of quantum mechanics by tapping the intermediate states of hydrogen electrons and give off light which is captures as a laser and used to make steam....could be a big one....have to see, though

all true....but i was refering more to what corporate america will decide to run with next......

Bush borrowed a trillion dollars from China to fund his war. Now everyone is wondering why we are having economic problems. Bring the troops home, put them on the Mexican border, and develop solar energy, wind energy, and algae based ethanol.

Forum List

Back