How bad is it, really....How much freedom is really left?

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
I say very bad.....and not much freedom left...we have become the frog in the pan of water
with the temp. increasing to a boil.

Tell me, how many things you do, touch, eat, use every day that haven't been touched
in some way by the Government.

Example...Can you even BBQ in your own backyard without Gov. intervention?
The answer is NO if you use propane. How many of you have had to buy a new tank in the last few years because the Gov. mandated a new valve? See what I mean? I'm sure their fingers are in charcoal too.

Before anyone goes into attack mode...we do need law, but where does the need for law end and "I'm your momma, I'll take care of you Government" start? We have allowed that line to be stepped across and it's all our fault!

List away....

Charcoal... in many cities it is illegal to use charcoal grills as they contribute to air pollution.

of course, automobiles.

warning labels on everything.

ie don't use a hair-dryer in the shower
don't eat rat poison
don't drink anti-freeze
etc., etc., etc.

freeandfun1 said:
Charcoal... in many cities it is illegal to use charcoal grills as they contribute to air pollution.

of course, automobiles.

don't eat rat poison
don't drink anti-freeze
etc., etc., etc.

moved into an apt---we are not even allowed to HAVE charcoal :mad:

VOTE LIBERTARIAN :rock:

Either that or buy yourself a nice island and only let like minded people visit. I hear Leonardo DeCaprio just bought one off the coast of Belize for a 2 mil., heck let me get out my change purse.

Trigg said:
VOTE LIBERTARIAN :rock:

Either that or buy yourself a nice island and only let like minded people visit. I hear Leonardo DeCaprio just bought one off the coast of Belize for a 2 mil., heck let me get out my change purse.

They can't even work thier way into a TV debate.

Mr. P said:
I say very bad.....and not much freedom left...we have become the frog in the pan of water
with the temp. increasing to a boil.

Tell me, how many things you do, touch, eat, use every day that haven't been touched
in some way by the Government.

Example...Can you even BBQ in your own backyard without Gov. intervention?
The answer is NO if you use propane. How many of you have had to buy a new tank in the last few years because the Gov. mandated a new valve? See what I mean? I'm sure their fingers are in charcoal too.

Before anyone goes into attack mode...we do need law, but where does the need for law end and "I'm your momma, I'll take care of you Government" start? We have allowed that line to be stepped across and it's all our fault!

List away....

When will this end...only the hairdresser knows...after all propane is natures fart...and charcoal is natures caca...what is next controlling lightening started fires...after all forrest fires contribute more to so called pollution than propane and charcoal bbq's combined...then again forrest fires have been around for along time now...just natures way of contolling the environment...go figure! :cof:

freeandfun1 said:

of course, automobiles.

don't eat rat poison
don't drink anti-freeze
etc., etc., etc.

And this is of course a result of a litigious society, people wanting others to pay for their own stupidity, half the time.

This leads us to LAWYERS. They are a real problem. Utter scum.

rtwngAvngr said:
And this is of course a result of a litigious society, people wanting others to pay for their own stupidity, half the time.

This leads us to LAWYERS. They are a real problem. Utter scum.

Agreed---the true thieves of freedom and the ones who have managed to equate the amount of money you have to the amount of freedom that you have.

Actually, the main ones to blame are the beaurocrats on Capitol Hill. Every generation sees more politicians rolling back freedoms to win votes. A state's right to secede was eliminated so Lincoln and his successor could please the Yankee voters. Many laws legislated on a regular basis should be left to the states, but are enacted on a federal level so congressmen can get votes from people who want their state's values and laws applied to everyone in the country.

Of course, this can all be traced back to the voters, mindless government whores who keep voting people back in office because they give you a nickel before screwing you right in the rear. I see it every day. Politicians get rich and get to call themselves important while they sit there and find more and more ways to put your money in their pockets...and people re-elect them anyway. It's an epidemic.

just noticing this are we? As anothe rposter said, theyve been doing this for at least 150 years. Like the frog in the pot, we never knew that it was getting hotter till it is too late. Those that do realize are stuck with the masses that dont.

Who knows where it will end. Hopefullly a revolution when the people wake up and see the light.

Forum List

Back