How are you? What are YOU fighting for?

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
If you or anyone you know has ever been struck with cancer, take a couple hours out of your life and watch these videos. I don't know how much longer they'll be available for, but all I know after watching them is... life is beautiful and we must do everything in power to preserve it and destroy cancer once and for all. This documentary is not about Farrah Fawcett the actress/movie star... this documentary is about a human being who is going through cancer treatment and doing everything she can, EVERYTHING she can, to fight it. If watching these videos through the end does not make you cry like a baby, I'd check your pulse to see if you actually have a heart.

Special request: Mods, please don't move this to a health sub-forum that nobody reads. Leave this here. Please. Let everyone have the chance to watch a human being declare all out war on cancer.... and sadly, lose.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEeZHkGlsow&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGhw8ZKuaRo&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFePVNqex8c&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfbrUKk156A&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apBzmaPhOyM&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0MW4RKahBA&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDuuXHiwDPU&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFLmQNkbmxg&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAGDQitOpv0&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjdGGC-k1zw&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfJCmqks7Uw&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjvaaLJuV44&feature=related[/ame]

My father died from cancer. And I had a close friend that battled cancer and beat it but she succumbed to heart failure. I'm sure Farrah is going through tough times right now and I will pray for her.

I watched this the other night,, the last half,, I missed the first half.. When Ryan O'Neal crawled in bed and lay down beside Farrah the movie "Love Story" flashed through my mind poor Ryan.. I don't think Farrah ever recognized her son.. Truly a sad sad story! Farrrah is a strong lady.

When they were shooting all of those drugs into her liver, it was painful to watch. She asked the Dr. if that was all the pain she was going to have this session...

There have really been some advancements in cure rates in certain cancers recently. There are only 680 people who die from anal cancer yearly. I was looking around for risk factors:

Question: I've heard the news that Farrah Fawcett has anal cancer and it has spread to her liver. What causes anal cancer? Is it from HPV (human papilloma virus)?
Answer: We're not sure the cause of all forms of anal cancer - and don't know details of Fawcett's case - but most cases seem to be associated with the human papilloma virus (HPV), the same virus responsible for virtually all cases of cervical cancer.

HPV causes genital warts, but most folks infected with HPV do not have genital warts. Also, most folks who have a diagnosis of HPV or genital warts do not develop anal cancer. The biggest risk factor for acquiring HPV is anal intercourse with a person infected with the virus.

HPV is but one part of the anal-cancer puzzle. The American Cancer Society points out that there are many studies that have found an increased rate of anal cancer in smokers, and the effect of smoking is especially important in people with other risk factors for anal cancer. Any condition that leads to a weakened immune system may trigger, in the presence of HPV, the development of anal cancer. This includes HIV/AIDS or any medical condition that requires the use of powerful immune-suppressing drugs.

Despite the prevalence of HPV and smoking, anal cancer is fairly rare - just over 5,000 new cases in the United States in 2008.

Anal cancer is found mainly in adults, with the average age being in the early 60s. The disease affects women somewhat more often than men. While the treatment for anal cancer is often very effective, an estimated 680 folks died of anal cancer in 2008.

With respect to Fawcett's illness, we do not know the particulars. And some folks with anal cancer do not have any known risk factors, and the cause remains unknown.

Ask Dr. H: Most anal cancer is linked to HPV | Philadelphia Inquirer | 05/04/2009

The ending of the documentary was ominous.

Last edited:
I don't know much about cancer treatments and all, but if the stage-4 anal cancer popped up in her anus and spread to her liver, and now her anus is cancer free, and the liver is the big problem, why don't they just remove the liver and give her a new one? If the liver is the problem, which it seems to be from this documentary, remove the problem -- remove the liver. But with all of the medication she's on and the chemo therapy, etc. I bet infection would be very high risk with such major surgery like this.

I don't know much about cancer treatments and all, but if the stage-4 anal cancer popped up in her anus and spread to her liver, and now her anus is cancer free, and the liver is the big problem, why don't they just remove the liver and give her a new one? If the liver is the problem, which it seems to be from this documentary, remove the problem -- remove the liver. But with all of the medication she's on and the chemo therapy, etc. I bet infection would be very high risk with such major surgery like this.

Sorry, but you not only don't know much about cancer treatment, you apparently know less about cancer. In her case it wouldn't matter if you removed everything that was cancerous because the cancer (cutaneous T-cell lymphoma) would return again and again.

It's in her blood and in her lymphs... lost cause no matter how many body parts they replace.

Several friends and wives of friends have died of cancer in the past years. Personally if someone has had a good life and did what they wanted and found that magical elixir of occasional joy, it makes a bad event a little easier. It is children who bother me.

But in truth who thinks they are going to die! Hardly anyone as that darkness can be crushing for most. The thought that at a time not too long in the future I - we will cease to be is a tough thought to keep in consciousness. Life doesn't allow it and all living things shun it.

I saw that show and wondered in my crazy liberal head of so many with no care who die and never get the chance to express the solitude and fear death brings.

Back to Farrah..

I was thinking about that line at the end where she asks how are you, what are you fighting for.

She is in such pain both physically and emotionally and she still has the compassion to ask that. It must help others to know that they don't suffer alone and that she is willing to go on this way fighting for every last breath. She is brave and compassionate.

The other thought is that people need to know just how much some cancer patients go through in order to reinforce the urgency of finding an absolute cure for all types of cancer. Everyone is going to die but why accept so much suffering?

Back to Farrah..

I was thinking about that line at the end where she asks how are you, what are you fighting for.

She is in such pain both physically and emotionally and she still has the compassion to ask that. It must help others to know that they don't suffer alone and that she is willing to go on this way fighting for every last breath. She is brave and compassionate.

The other thought is that people need to know just how much some cancer patients go through in order to reinforce the urgency of finding an absolute cure for all types of cancer. Everyone is going to die but why accept so much suffering?

I admire her for having the courage to go overseas and see a team of doctors who have experimental treatments that aren't approved here in the US for cancer. It definitely makes you wonder why the US doesn't approve more experimental cancer treatments - especially when you're at Stage 4 and have less than 6 months to live. I mean, what's the worse that can happen? You'll die? She's already dying. Her life was extended by over 2 years thanks to these treatments. But it appears cancer is winning the battle... this is a woman who absolutely fought to the bitter end and tried EVERYTHING she could to get rid of the cancer. She brought out as big of guns as she could find and hit that cancer with everything she had while the doctors at UCLA wanted to let her die and give her a coloscopy.

Still, what grace she has in dying and staring death in the eyes. Could any of us be graceful as we approach our deaths as she was?

I don't think I could be.

There is no disease, no virus, no bacteria, no anything that makes its host suffer as much as cancer does. We must find a cure. We must wipe it out.

The sound of her voice at the end when her son came to see her made me cry so hard.

She always did have that soft little voice anyway and when she said, I don't know who it is, really just crushed me.

aww poor guy got his feelings hurt....You really should do a little research before you speak about things you know nothing about. heheheeh piece of shit... this piece of shit knows a hell of a lot more than you. And judging from your reaction an eight year old probably knows more than you too.
why does it matter that he doesn't know everything about cancer? Is he a doctor? You are an asshole and only an eight year old would call someone who is dying from cancer and trying to get a message out a bitch you PIECE OF SHIT or actually you are not even good enough to be human waste.

Have you ever met her? I have and she is a bitch. And no it doesn't really matter, the dude is simply ignorant. I just like pointing out the obvious. And it is soo obvious the dude didn't take a few seconds to find out what type of cancer the egostistical bitch was dying from before he spouted off with his stupid nonsense. Much like you spouting off your opinion whilst putting down mine. Hypocrite much?
there is no help for you. And if by her putting a face on cancer brings in any donations to cancer research who cares what she was like in real life. And all David was doing was asking people to think. Get over yourself!

Hey Dave... have you heard or seen this?

Sloan-Kettering - Fred's Team

A friend of mine who lives in NY sent this to me for donations. Maybe you can sign up to run in the marathon and collect some donations too!

Where the fuck are the moderators? Post something in the wrong sub-forum, a moderator is there faster than lightning. Have an incredulous idiot ruining your thread, and moderators are nowhere to be found.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA some mean ol' conservative is calling farrah a bitch. Where's the moderators!!!!

First you have a woman coming to your rescue now you want the moderators to do what? Ban me?!?!?! Oh no!!!

Dude grow the hell up!

While I watched the Farah story and was rather apathetic to her in general there is still much to be said about the exposure she brings to the table. It's easy to forget about cancer victims and I think her story, from famous hair to bald head, conveys enough about the disease to make her effort worth Dave's post.

So, in other words, just shut the fuck up and go make your own Farah Sucks thread in the flame zone.

seriously.

Both of my parents died from cancer. I took many years from my life...for THAT. Sorry for Farrah, but ashes to ashes. SO? She is worth more because she's a celebrity? OH, it might help stop cancer? NO? SO, then what is the big fuss, sweetheart?

Both of my parents died from cancer. I took many years from my life...for THAT. Sorry for Farrah, but ashes to ashes. SO? She is worth more because she's a celebrity? OH, it might help stop cancer? NO? SO, then what is the big fuss, sweetheart?
she isn't worth more but she might help bring in more donations, she has quite a bit a fans still.

not saying cancer isn't just important but this is what I am fighting for. With baby boomers starting to already develope the disease and will in record numbers more attention to needs to brought to the disease. This is all I will post in this thread.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76P6Xm3WsEM[/ame]

9 million people watched her show Friday night. Do you have any idea how many people, including myself, will donate money to the American Cancer Society or some other cancer charity because of this? If 9 million people donated $10 each, Farrah Fawcett would help raise $90 million for cancer research, in effect, helping save potentially hundreds if not thousands of lives with that money.

The documentary wasn't about how great and wonderful Farrah is - it was about her ordeal and her battle with cancer and how bravely she fought.

Forum List

Back