How are you all doing tonight?

welcome_to_the_darkside.gif

Does anyone have any good spaghetti sauce recipes?

I want to surprise the wife tomorrow with a good home-cooked meal.

I just get a can of crushed tomatoes, and a same sized can of tomato paste. Add them in a big enough pot, then add an empty can's worth of water. Let it get to a boil, stir occasionally.

While it's getting to a boil, brown 1 lb of some ground beef in a separate pan, then add it to the sauce. I also like to put in Italian seasoning, thyme, oregano, (baised to the Italian season) and a few splashes of some cheap red wine. I don't know if the wine really does anything, but I like putting it in food whenever I think it will work. Some chopped olives too (I like green). Then just let it all simmer in the big pot while the noodles soften. That's how I roll, and it's tasty as fuck. :cool:

I just get a can of crushed tomatoes, and a same sized can of tomato paste. Add them in a big enough pot, then add an empty can's worth of water. Let it get to a boil, stir occasionally.

While it's getting to a boil, brown 1 lb of some ground beef in a separate pan, then add it to the sauce. I also like to put in Italian seasoning, thyme, oregano, (baised to the Italian season) and a few splashes of some cheap red wine. I don't know if the wine really does anything, but I like putting it in food whenever I think it will work. Some chopped olives too (I like green). Then just let it all simmer in the big pot while the noodles soften. That's how I roll, and it's tasty as fuck. :cool:

Are the olives necessary? I really don't like them.

And do I have to use cheap wine? I have a really good Cab in the cellar, and would hate to have to make a special trip to buy the cheap stuff.

And do I have to use cheap wine? I have a really good Cab in the cellar, and would hate to have to make a special trip to buy the cheap stuff.

The olive aren't, no. I just love me some green olives whenever possible.

I would say save the Cabernet for drinking. That way if the sauce turns out nasty, you've at least got something tasty to chase it with. :D

Fucking heathens.

Real pasta sauce takes 24-36 hours to make.

Ever get a pot done after all that work and drop it taking it off the stove?

That's how my kiddos learned their first swear words. :redface:

1 pot?

We do 3 at a time. Around 12 gallons. Then we freeze it. Do it about twice a year.

Nah, I usually do 2 at a time. With the pots I have that comes out to about 4 gallons. But more often, as enough of our tomatoes get ripe over the summer. :eusa_drool:

When you grow your own they don't all come on at once, ya know.

The olive aren't, no. I just love me some green olives whenever possible.

I would say save the Cabernet for drinking. That way if the sauce turns out nasty, you've at least got something tasty to chase it with. :D

Well, if you say so. I just hate to burn $3.21 per gallon gasoline to buy a bottle of Boone's Farm.

Forum List

Back