How about Equal Pay for NBA and WNBA players?

The overwhelming majority of customers
where I work are male.

I have 2 jobs both in the same store
I clean the store in the morning/early afternoon
then work at the hot dog stand til 6/7

It was and still is HOT today in Chicago

While working the stand, I was asking my male customers
if they were working inside or outside

The ones who said inside, I would respond...
Oh, that’s good, along those lines

The ones that said outside, I was like...
Stay hydrated, I don’t know how you do it, along those lines

One guy who said outside, I asked him, do you have a family
He’s like yes, I’m married with 2 kids(he looked late 30’s/early 40’s)
So I tell him, I give you credit for working in this heat
and taking care of your family...
He’s like, thank you, I wish my wife would tell me that

So, I ask him if she works...he said no, she doesn’t have to

Boy... I got so mad, I’m like WTF

She should have dinner ready, sex whenever you want,
you shouldn’t be buying hotdogs, she should’ve fixed you a lunch

He’s like, yeah, right...Uh...yeah

I’m old school, these stupid bitches and their pussy hats

We were both laughing

My brother works for a major utility company
He works alot of overtime and makes over $200,000 a year
After my nephew was born, some 12 years ago
I got a call one night from my sister in law

She was complaining to me about my brother sleeping
instead of sitting up with her during the night
while she was feeding the baby

WHAT?!...I went off on her

YOU BREASTFEED, HE HAS TO GO TO WORK IN THE MORNING
YOUR A MOTHER NOW, YOU SLEEP WHEN THE BABY SLEEPS
YOU DON’T HAVE TO LEAVE THE HOUSE AND GO TO WORK
YOUR JOB IS TAKING CARE OF THE 3 OF YOUS
HIS JOB IS PROVIDING FOR THE 3 OF YOUS

The WNBA is supported by the NBA and the cable TV subscribers. It would collapse on its own or play in very small venues with little operating overhead. The stadiums teams play in cost so much money a day to operate. In the old days it was much cheaper to operate a stadium. Women's soccer is the same way.

The fanbase of the WNBA is lesbian.

That's sort of a narrow fan base for a major sport.

If I was advising the WNBA, I would suggest that they change their uniforms into something more similar to what the gals wore in the Lingerie Football League and that might attract Red Blooded males to watch.

The WWE Divas Division has done a lot to appeal to Normative Men as well, with their outfits and hair.

Should the NBA be sued over this? The work performed by women basketball players is just as hard as that done by the men in the NBA.

Yet, the difference in income is tremendous. Somebody needs sued over this

Should WNBA Players Get Paid More?
JuwannaMan.jpg

Just because you do something well doesn't mean that you are entitled to great compensation. The best BOWLERS in the world make a couple hundred thousand a year. One level down, and they barely make a living. The best RACQUETBALL players barely make enough to cover traveling expenses.

Womens' basketball is just as entertaining to watch as mens' basketball, but very few people care to watch it, and even fewer would PAY to watch it.

The WNBA is not economically viable. Literally. Without a large subsidy it would not exist.

Just because you do something well doesn't mean that you are entitled to great compensation. The best BOWLERS in the world make a couple hundred thousand a year. One level down, and they barely make a living. The best RACQUETBALL players barely make enough to cover traveling expenses.

Womens' basketball is just as entertaining to watch as mens' basketball, but very few people care to watch it, and even fewer would PAY to watch it.

The WNBA is not economically viable. Literally. Without a large subsidy it would not exist.

So you don't think its inequitable that the finest women boxers don't make anywhere close to what Canelo or Deontay Wilder are earning? Should boxing promoters be looking to equalize the pay, and provide equal pay for equal work?

Forum List

Back