How about a Dog Lover's Thread?

21.jpg

possum likes dogs...

... dey goofy...

... an' some'll lick ya...

... when dey's glad to see ya...

... so's ya don't have to take a bath.

(Dat's called red-neck haiku)

The recent storms knocked a tree over onto the fence at the old house. My 2 Mastiffs, Laverne and Shirley, ran away. It has been about a week and still no sign of either. This made for an awful holiday season and terrible start to the New Year.

On a lighter note: I'm thinking about getting another Rottweiler to form the foundation of what I hope will one day be a great kennel.

I'm so sorry, Creme. Have you contacted local rescue groups to be watching for them, besides the pound, etc.? Lot's of times they get calls about what appear to be abandoned dogs and will catch them and take care of them. Those are big dogs. Someone must have seen them. Let us know how it goes.
The recent storms knocked a tree over onto the fence at the old house. My 2 Mastiffs, Laverne and Shirley, ran away. It has been about a week and still no sign of either. This made for an awful holiday season and terrible start to the New Year.

On a lighter note: I'm thinking about getting another Rottweiler to form the foundation of what I hope will one day be a great kennel.

I'm so sorry, Creme. Have you contacted local rescue groups to be watching for them, besides the pound, etc.? Lot's of times they get calls about what appear to be abandoned dogs and will catch them and take care of them. Those are big dogs. Someone must have seen them. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks. I live in the country so people tend to shoot dogs like that. The fact they go after small animals doesn't help either. That is animal control here. I have been riding through the woods on my horse and driving the back roads. Nothing. Same goes for the neighbors and animal shelters for the surrounding counties. They could go for miles through the forest without ever seeing a house. It really sucks.

I hope you soon have Laverne and Shirley back. Time is probably just dragging, from all the worrying. As Depotoo noted, their size should be an advantage in their being seen.

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you are able to get them home soon.

Forum List

Back