Rescue a tiny life

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nice photos of a hummingbird rescue. I've rehabbed hummers from the egg on. They're like bats and jackrabbits in that they seem to be able to accept human help without always being terrified. Really fascinating birds.

tss_1382419629_1.jpg

See the rest of the photos at the link.

If Everyone had a Heart Like this, The World's Problems would go away Overnight..

What a cutie.

I see loads of them down here in Florida and am always amazed by em.

Thanks for posting this Lud.

Very sweet! Thanks for posting, Luddly.

We've rescued a few birds who stunned themselves flying into our windows. It's heartwarming to see them take wing when they feel better.

The demented leftist will stop the world to save an animal while supporting no-limits abortion.

Sick freaks.

Had one build a nest years ago in bougainvillia (sp?) by our front door...Mommy and Daddy would dive bomb us and dart in our face every time we got near. Hard to avoid when they were by the front door.

I used to have bougainvillia in Tucson and just loved them.

There are many different species of hummers in southwest AZ but I very seldom had more than a couple of individuals. Only one species where I am now but always have a gazillion. Seems like all we do is refill the feeders in the summer.

We were hit by a tornado a couple of years ago, took off the copper tiles on our workout/weight room/house next to the house, trashed the screened in porch but didn't touch the hanging plants or the hummer feeders in between the two buildings - a space of maybe 15 feet.

We found every single one of those expensive tiles that were strewn up and down both sides of the peninsula, bent them back into their shape and got them all put back on. Hopefully, it won't get hit again. We weren't even in the country at the time. A neighbor called us so we had that little job waiting when we got back.

Anyway, this is about hummers so

World of Hummingbirds .com

I used to have bougainvillia in Tucson and just loved them.

There are many different species of hummers in southwest AZ but I very seldom had more than a couple of individuals. Only one species where I am now but always have a gazillion. Seems like all we do is refill the feeders in the summer.

We were hit by a tornado a couple of years ago, took off the copper tiles on our workout/weight room/house next to the house, trashed the screened in porch but didn't touch the hanging plants or the hummer feeders in between the two buildings - a space of maybe 15 feet.

We found every single one of those expensive tiles that were strewn up and down both sides of the peninsula, bent them back into their shape and got them all put back on. Hopefully, it won't get hit again. We weren't even in the country at the time. A neighbor called us so we had that little job waiting when we got back.

Anyway, this is about hummers so

World of Hummingbirds .com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvCmgm4zI7Q]How to find a hummingbird nest. - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back