How about a Dog Lover's Thread?

I remember my last dog, who's name was sealy BTW, would insist I bet her. She'd bark or paw me if I stopped. Oh dear god what am I getting myself into. Lol
If it's an older dog, 7 you said, it will probably be pretty calm.
I went back and read what she wrote. She said "I'll find out all those things for you tomorrow and I'll let you know if there are any other dogs that meet your criteria."

So is snoopy just a bait dog? To get me there and they have ugly dogs. Lol. I almost adopted a couple ratty but cute dogs at the humane society last weekend but I decided I wasn't ready. I was gonna get one this weekend but there gone. The place is full of pitbulls. So I hope snoopy is available and not older than ten
Hope you get the dog you want. I think you should not take one unless it is really the one you want.

I remember my last dog, who's name was sealy BTW, would insist I bet her. She'd bark or paw me if I stopped. Oh dear god what am I getting myself into. Lol
It doesn't take much to lay in the corner of my couch and paw and whine at me for love. I sit on the floor in the middle of the couch and if the dog is to my left she made me scratch her chest head back I'd even massage her back legs. She was spoiled. And when I was gone she chilled all day.

My mom has Alzheimer's so my dad and I are going to take care of the dog together so the dog shouldn't have to ever be alone but in the beginning I'm going to train her or him at my home cause I can't have the dog shitting over there. My dad has enough to deal with
Every dog has a different personality. Just because the previous dog did that behavior, doesn't mean another dog will. Most likely it won't. It will have its own personality.
I know but all dogs love my scratchins. If you had a spouse that would give you scratches or a massage at will, wouldn't you get them?

It doesn't take much to lay in the corner of my couch and paw and whine at me for love. I sit on the floor in the middle of the couch and if the dog is to my left she made me scratch her chest head back I'd even massage her back legs. She was spoiled. And when I was gone she chilled all day.

My mom has Alzheimer's so my dad and I are going to take care of the dog together so the dog shouldn't have to ever be alone but in the beginning I'm going to train her or him at my home cause I can't have the dog shitting over there. My dad has enough to deal with
Every dog has a different personality. Just because the previous dog did that behavior, doesn't mean another dog will. Most likely it won't. It will have its own personality.
I know but all dogs love my scratchins. If you had a spouse that would give you scratches or a massage at will, wouldn't you get them?
Honestly, there would have to be much more to the connection than that. When I get a pet, it wait to feel something, some kind of special chemistry.

I went back and read what she wrote. She said "I'll find out all those things for you tomorrow and I'll let you know if there are any other dogs that meet your criteria."

So is snoopy just a bait dog? To get me there and they have ugly dogs. Lol. I almost adopted a couple ratty but cute dogs at the humane society last weekend but I decided I wasn't ready. I was gonna get one this weekend but there gone. The place is full of pitbulls. So I hope snoopy is available and not older than ten
Hope you get the dog you want. I think you should not take one unless it is really the one you want.
Sealy worked out. I didn't know when I first got her but she literally became on of the family. Such a good dog.

Oh, and she was also a cold blooded killer. Possum skunk raccoons groundhogs muskrat, voles, rabbit, squirrels. If she could catch it shed kill it. I would run her in the woods and man could she hunt.

Honestly, there would have to be much more to the connection than that. When I get a pet, it wait to feel something, some kind of special chemistry.
I remember sealy wasn't clean and she was running in circles on a very short leash spiked into the ground as we walked up to her she cowered and I felt sorry for her and she was the outdoors kind of little dog not a froo froo dog.

What do you sit quietly with the dog and get a vibe off its chee?

I remember sealy wasn't clean and she was running in circles on a very short leash spiked into the ground as we walked up to her she cowered and I felt sorry for her and she was the outdoors kind of little dog not a froo froo dog.

No. Just look into its eyes and get a vibe from that. Play with it a bit and see how it feels. It's just a vibe. It would be hard not to take a dog that is in the circumstance you describe, however. I would want to rescue it too.

No. Just look into its eyes and get a vibe from that. Play with it a bit and see how it feels. It's just a vibe. It would be hard not to take a dog that is in the circumstance you describe, however. I would want to rescue it too.
I know what you mean. I'm sure I saw something because if I didn't I wouldn't have taken her. But she was high strung and curious wtf was going on. Nervous checking out every inch of the house. She went from the dog house to couch and she got so spoiled. I miss that beagle bark.

large_848_CD-5000_Christmas_Elf_Dog_Sweater_Red_and_Green.jpg

That is stinking cute!

Sealy, what big city are you near?

I know what you mean. I'm sure I saw something because if I didn't I wouldn't have taken her. But she was high strung and curious wtf was going on. Nervous checking out every inch of the house. She went from the dog house to couch and she got so spoiled. I miss that beagle bark.

Sealy, what big city are you near?

Detroit, but don't worry, I already found a shelter and a dog and I'm going to get him tomorrow.

Im going to get snoopy tomorrow. 9 year old beagle boy looks just like my last beagle. It's like they cloned my dog. I know they all look similar but this is spot on.

Is it weird I don't want a younger dog? I think I'll have him for 6 years maybe more. He's got to lose some weight.

Maybe I know he'll be seddled down and won't run as much and I liked it when my last dog didn't require really long walks. I use to take her in the woods and unleash her and she'd run for an hour looking for something to murder. Lol

She even went into a drain pipe once and got stuck glad I could reach in and grab her back legs and pull her out.

I am so happy for you AND the dog, and I think you've picked exactly what fits your needs and the dog's. Does he have a name already, or will you be able to name him yourself?

Forum List

Back