How a President can affect gas prices

There is no shortage of oil due to public leases, you do have shortage because those in charge of petroleum production have refused to let oil flow until the price is right.
Unlike people like you with a flower child name of "moon glow" people responsible for planning don't think in today's terms. They think in terms of 6 months, a year ...5 years.
When 25% of oil production comes from sources that are NOW restricted under Biden's moratorium i.e. federal lands, these people that had planned for volume usage 5 years ago for today are now looking at a stoppage of leases for "exploration" not production today... but in the future now being restricted by 25% i.e. federal lands produce that, they are saying "where will we make up the 25%?" Hence they raise prices by 63% so far under the presidency that has cancelled exploration on lands that historically produce 25% of the oil the country requires.
Do you comprehend that? The oil companies aren't thinking about today but 6 months... a year etc. from now!
And their observation is production is going to be limited because 25% of the producing land is now out of the picture for "FUTURE" exploration... ! Do you understand? That's why prices are going up!

The capitalist are screwing us but the right needs Biden to take the blame because they don't care about the truth they only care about playing politics and avoiding to place the blame where it belongs because they are aligned with the capitalist and seek to gouge the citizens..
some democrat truth i never had sex with that woman ms lewinsky

healthmyths
Normally a President doesn't affect gas prices. But if they do things like end drilling on Fed lands and try to stop fracking, that affects the price of gas.

What Trump did affected the price also. He made us oil independent. He opened up ANWAR for the drilling of natural gas and oil.

He allowed leasing of all Fed lands for the drilling of oil. In fact gas was 1.70 a gallon when he was POTUS.

Under Bidung, who got rid of all Trumps EO's gas is now 3.29 or more depending on where you buy it. It will be going up.

What a President does can affect gas prices.

I think Brandon had closed a Michigan pipeline, also.
Go figure
No that is not true. Much as I dislike Biden and administration, they haven't closed the Michigan pipeline.
They are studying environment etc. to determine if it should be but it is NOT closed.

healthmyths
Normally a President doesn't affect gas prices. But if they do things like end drilling on Fed lands and try to stop fracking, that affects the price of gas.

What Trump did affected the price also. He made us oil independent. He opened up ANWAR for the drilling of natural gas and oil.

He allowed leasing of all Fed lands for the drilling of oil. In fact gas was 1.70 a gallon when he was POTUS.

Under Bidung, who got rid of all Trumps EO's gas is now 3.29 or more depending on where you buy it. It will be going up.

What a President does can affect gas prices.
rrotw9n4vi181.jpg

When Bush took office, the national average was $1.487. Under him, the price peaked at $4.105 in July 2008.

What're the odds that republicans blamed him for that.

U.S. All Grades All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)

Forum List

Back