How a President can affect gas prices

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I've posted several times how Biden has affected gas pump prices which according to the latest numbers have gone up 63%.
But many of you and a few "oil price" experts evidently haven't ever done any mid-term economic planning.
So I'm going to use a very simple example.
Assume you are a consultant to a oatmeal cereal manufacturer and assigned to do production planning for next 4 years..
A consultant has to make some assumption as to what raw oats will cost IF 25% of your oats come from Federal lands.
Assume 25% of your future production based on land that becomes no longer available, what now?
1) To prepare for higher oat prices, you suggest that current oat procurement be increased while prices still normal.
2) This means more COST which hmmm is passed on to stores that sell the cereal that raises the prices to consumers.
3) This also means that profits will be reduced if 25% of your sources are gone and what will that do to your stock value?

This is what happened when Biden stopped exploration on Federal lands that produce 25% of oil used to make gas,
what do the gas stations do? Raise the prices. Hence what you see below... 63% increase from a year ago.

FACTS:
Biden canceled Federal land exploration(where 25% of oil is produced today)
Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules
Federal land leases signed by last 3 presidents: Notice Obama signed fewer and fewer, while Trump signed more and more!
Oil_federal_leasese.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 9.50.09 AM.png

BILLINGS, Mont. — Approvals for companies to drill for oil and gas on U.S. public lands are on pace this year to reach their highest level since George W. Bush was president, underscoring President Joe Biden's reluctance to more forcefully curb petroleum production in the face of industry and Republican resistance.

Because vast fossil fuel reserves already are under lease, those actions did nothing to slow drilling on public lands and waters that account for about a quarter of U.S. oil production.

I've posted several times how Biden has affected gas pump prices which according to the latest numbers have gone up 63%.
But many of you and a few "oil price" experts evidently haven't ever done any mid-term economic planning.
So I'm going to use a very simple example.
Assume you are a consultant to a oatmeal cereal manufacturer and assigned to do production planning for next 4 years..
A consultant has to make some assumption as to what raw oats will cost IF 25% of your oats come from Federal lands.
Assume 25% of your future production based on land that becomes no longer available, what now?
1) To prepare for higher oat prices, you suggest that current oat procurement be increased while prices still normal.
2) This means more COST which hmmm is passed on to stores that sell the cereal that raises the prices to consumers.
3) This also means that profits will be reduced if 25% of your sources are gone and what will that do to your stock value?

This is what happened when Biden stopped exploration on Federal lands that produce 25% of oil used to make gas,
what do the gas stations do? Raise the prices. Hence what you see below... 63% increase from a year ago.

FACTS:
Biden canceled Federal land exploration(where 25% of oil is produced today)
Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules
Federal land leases signed by last 3 presidents: Notice Obama signed fewer and fewer, while Trump signed more and more!
View attachment 562164

View attachment 562162
Why didn't Trump have the price set at $0.25 a gallon?

The capitalist are screwing us but the right needs Biden to take the blame because they don't care about the truth they only care about playing politics and avoiding to place the blame where it belongs because they are aligned with the capitalist and seek to gouge the citizens..

Now that we have he obligatory lies from the right we can focus on what the capitalist's are doing..
US refiners have exported 802,000 barrels per day of gasoline on average in the first eight months of 2021, the highest for the period since 2018, with Brazil and Mexico as the top destinations.1 day ago

US gasoline exports hit 3-year high - SmartBrief

Stop the lies you ass. You deserve no mercy if it comes to survival. You pushed your shit and this is the result. Unfortunately nations go fast or slow. And we are going the slow route. We are arguing about the products made overseas by slaves compared to us on ships sitting in harbors not being able to be transported to us all because of Prog evil. That is how broken down we are.

BILLINGS, Mont. — Approvals for companies to drill for oil and gas on U.S. public lands are on pace this year to reach their highest level since George W. Bush was president, underscoring President Joe Biden's reluctance to more forcefully curb petroleum production in the face of industry and Republican resistance.

Because vast fossil fuel reserves already are under lease, those actions did nothing to slow drilling on public lands and waters that account for about a quarter of U.S. oil production.

What is Brandon's stance on ANWR?

Wow, it sure sounds like you're in favor of it.
just an observation

Nope.. but that's the price of cheap oil.. These clots don't realize that oil production is not an altruistic pastime .. Its a business and their profit margins have remained the same for decades.

I agree! I'm describing the letting of leases to EXPLORE on land not leased before!
What you and other people are not aware that the process involves:
1) signing exploration leases.
2) Then when finding oil the companies then can begin drilling again only after approval from the FLB!

What is Brandon's stance on ANWR?
You already know and so do I why ask? It is under review for leasing.

The question of whether to drill for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge has been an ongoing political controversy in the United States since 1977. As of 2017, Republicans have attempted to allow drilling in ANWR almost fifty times, finally being successful with the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. Wikipedia

You already know and so do I why ask? It is under review for leasing.

The question of whether to drill for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge has been an ongoing political controversy in the United States since 1977. As of 2017, Republicans have attempted to allow drilling in ANWR almost fifty times, finally being successful with the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. Wikipedia
Drill, baby, DRILL!

I agree! I'm describing the letting of leases to EXPLORE on land not leased before!
What you and other people are not aware that the process involves:
1) signing exploration leases.
2) Then when finding oil the companies then can begin drilling again only after approval from the FLB!
There is no shortage of oil due to public leases, you do have shortage because those in charge of petroleum production have refused to let oil flow until the price is right.

Forum List

Back