‘Housing for All’: Democrats push for big government response to soaring rents

simple Income Redistribution that the right wing, alleges to not believe in.

When the rich are flush they put money back into the economy which of course helps everyone.
Money is a way of measuring wealth but is not wealth in itself.

Actually, money is a way to measure success. That's why millionaires want millions and billionaires want more billions.

True to an extent.
I just wanted enough money to retire early and have some fun before I reached the decrepit age SS wants you to wait for.

Sure, I understand that totally. I don't make much profit on rents, but when the houses are paid for, I'm retired, I won't be trying to choose between food and prescriptions hopefully. But this is the typical "penalize success and reward failure" of the Democrat party.

Sell em all and live off the proceeds when you get close to your first SS mark.
Thats pretty much our plan.
Live large when you can enjoy it because when you hit a certain age you dont GAF about fishing or golf.

Dear Senate Democrats, good effort, but tax credits won’t solve this crisis. Working people need Housing-For-All: 10 million homes in 10 years.
a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed can solve this problem for us, via market friendly means. applied capitalism, what concept.

You think 15 bucks an hour will allow someone to live in the Bay Area, aren't you special.
i am not the one arguing in a vacuum of special pleading. I think you can find some accommodation on fifteen an hour; and, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

Higher paid labor can afford to pay for more infrastructure.

Don’t we have housing for all during emergencies? During Katrina we saw the government version of housing for all. They got to live in a football stadium with rapists and people shitting all over the place. That’s government housing people. You don’t get the picket fence if the government gives it to you.

Unless you're black, then the government will subsidize you moving into whatever kushy area you want ans pay whatever you lack on your mortgage.

I hope that's been stopped by now. Ben Carson is in charge of that Bureau, and Obama did some funky stuff there.

When the rich are flush they put money back into the economy which of course helps everyone.

Actually, money is a way to measure success. That's why millionaires want millions and billionaires want more billions.

True to an extent.
I just wanted enough money to retire early and have some fun before I reached the decrepit age SS wants you to wait for.

Sure, I understand that totally. I don't make much profit on rents, but when the houses are paid for, I'm retired, I won't be trying to choose between food and prescriptions hopefully. But this is the typical "penalize success and reward failure" of the Democrat party.

Live large when you can enjoy it because when you hit a certain age you dont GAF about fishing or golf.

BS. I always want to go fishing.

Dear Senate Democrats, good effort, but tax credits won’t solve this crisis. Working people need Housing-For-All: 10 million homes in 10 years.
a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed can solve this problem for us, via market friendly means. applied capitalism, what concept.

You think 15 bucks an hour will allow someone to live in the Bay Area, aren't you special.
i am not the one arguing in a vacuum of special pleading. I think you can find some accommodation on fifteen an hour; and, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

Don’t we have housing for all during emergencies? During Katrina we saw the government version of housing for all. They got to live in a football stadium with rapists and people shitting all over the place. That’s government housing people. You don’t get the picket fence if the government gives it to you.

Unless you're black, then the government will subsidize you moving into whatever kushy area you want ans pay whatever you lack on your mortgage.

I hope that's been stopped by now. Ben Carson is in charge of that Bureau, and Obama did some funky stuff there.

Actually they increased funding for HUD unfortunately.

True to an extent.

It may come to that if I'm incapable of taking care of this place. But to be honest, I like being a landlord. Even though it's not very profitable, even though I take all of my vacation time at home and never go anywhere, I still enjoy it.

But as always, if you have something you enjoy, leave it to government to F it up for you.

Last edited:

Ah geez, Obama started a bunch of crap there. Some crap where ghetto dwellers can move anywhere they want and have it paid for by Uncle Sam "If" they're black American.

iu

True to an extent.

And if you play your cards right you can fish off your own dock with a short walk down your boat dock.
At this point we're trying to decide if we should buy lake front property and lease hunting land.
Or just buy a 100 acres near a near a good lake and trailer the boat to the lake or have a slip.

It's a toss up at this point.

I'd be more likely to get on the boat if it was in my backyard but I also like the idea of being able to shoot when I want,hunt when I want or get in the SxS and ride around.

At this point we're leaning towards land since I can always add a pond/lake depending on the drainage and or creeks.

Ah geez, Obama started a bunch of crap there. Some crap where ghetto dwellers can move anywhere they want and have it paid for by Uncle Sam.

iu

Tell me about it. I live in the suburbs, and I have these lowlife HUD people next door to me. When I wake in the morning, their cars are still there. If I pass by the house when I'm at work, the cars are still there. The only time those Fn cars leave is around 4:00pm, and then they come home all hours of the morning drunk as a skunk, playing their music in their cars, and setting off their car alarms.

I complained to the city and police, but because it's a federal government program, they have little control over the problem outside of me calling the cops all the time.

It's bad enough that they are allowed to live next door to me, but if I have to support your worthless ass, the least you can do is allow us some peace to sleep at night so I can get up in the morning to create taxes that support you.

True to an extent.

And if you play your cards right you can fish off your own dock with a short walk down your boat dock.
At this point we're trying to decide if we should buy lake front property and lease hunting land.
Or just buy a 100 acres near a near a good lake and trailer the boat to the lake or have a slip.

I'd be more likely to get on the boat if it was in my backyard but I also like the idea of being able to shoot when I want,hunt when I want or get in the SxS and ride around.

At this point we're leaning towards land since I can always add a pond/lake depending on the drainage and or creeks.

Land and dig your own pond and stock it. :113:

My friend's brother used to be on 50 acres. It had a dug pond, and we could go bowfishing.

There's apartments there now. :(

That land is low, I remember the driveway used to flood out.

Utter nonsense. If the average is $10 an hour today, and you arbitrarily raise it to $15 an hour tomorrow, within five years (probably less) $15 will buy what $10 buys today. It is called wage inflation, and it really hurts the people on fixed income who did not get the raise.

There is no free lunch. Someone has to pay the bill and often it those who can least afford it.

True to an extent.

I think if that was my ambition I would buy a place with a huge lake (or ability to make one) and breed fish. Fish is expensive today, and you can probably make a ton of money just doing that as well as having your own private fish supply. Walleye around here goes for around $15.00 a pound in the store.

Easy solution .............vote out all the dumb ass liberal politicians who drive prices to the moon ...........and then wonder why people are living in tents.

Utter nonsense. If the average is $10 an hour today, and you arbitrarily raise it to $15 an hour tomorrow, within five years (probably less) $15 will buy what $10 buys today. It is called wage inflation, and it really hurts the people on fixed income who did not get the raise.

There is no free lunch. Someone has to pay the bill and often it those who can least afford it.

Actually it's better known as the domino effect. When you raise wages for one group of people, other groups need to raise wages as well, so as you stated, eventually if you make minimum wage, you find yourself in the exact same place you were a few years ago because the additional money you make offsets the additional costs of everything else you need go buy.

Ah geez, Obama started a bunch of crap there. Some crap where ghetto dwellers can move anywhere they want and have it paid for by Uncle Sam.

iu

Tell me about it. I live in the suburbs, and I have these lowlife HUD people next door to me. When I wake in the morning, their cars are still there. If I pass by the house when I'm at work, the cars are still there. The only time those Fn cars leave is around 4:00pm, and then they come home all hours of the morning drunk as a skunk, playing their music in their cars, and setting off their car alarms.

I complained to the city and police, but because it's a federal government program, they have little control over the problem outside of me calling the cops all the time.

It's bad enough that they are allowed to live next door to me, but if I have to support your worthless ass, the least you can do is allow us some peace to sleep at night so I can get up in the morning to create taxes that support you.

That Sucks!!!
Had a buddy when I was in my mid twenties who lived in a middle class neighborhood and his neighbor worked for the post office.
The bitch paid 200 bucks a month for what he paid 800 for and not only did her four kids fuck everything up she never took care of the house.

Rent control would be a better idea. Stop the money grubbers from asking atrocious rents and people could afford to rent a decent place.

If you can't afford the rent, but your own Fn home.
And how the fuck am I to buy a home when I can't afford the atrocious rent???

I don't know. But the next question is how did that become my problem instead of yours?
Its everyone's problem. I was property manager for 45 years and am now retired. Rents are AWFUL. And I had no control because I worked for OWNERS. Absolutely perfect tenants, I could not rent to. THREE TIMES they have to make of the asking rent. THREE TIMES!!! That is ridiculous! They would pay on time, were clean, improved the property with gardening and keeping everything neat and clean. No damages done to the apartment or house because they considered it HOME. Yet...I could not rent to them due to the stupid policies. Stupid. And apts would stay empty until I found someone that qualified. That is money lost forever each month. Stupid stupid stupid.
Homeless people need a place they can call HOME. If they can, and can afford it, they will take care of it. That has been my experience.

True to an extent.

Land and dig your own pond and stock it. :113:

My friend's brother used to be on 50 acres. It had a dug pond, and we could go bowfishing.

There's apartments there now. :(

That land is low, I remember the driveway used to flood out.

Yeah thats kinda what we're leaning towards.
A 10 acre lake would be easy if the land was right.
Add some Bentonite and your good.
Knowing how to drive heavy equipment makes the process very affordable in light of rentals.

iu

That Sucks!!!
Had a buddy when I was in my mid twenties who lived in a middle class neighborhood and his neighbor worked for the post office.
The bitch paid 200 bucks a month for what he paid 800 for and not only did her four kids fuck everything up she never took care of the house.

Like I said, rewarding failure, a typical Democrat policy.

These HUD people invite all their lowlife inner-city friends here for parties which they seem to have all the time. They have the BBQ going and most if not all of the food is probably purchased with food stamps.

True to an extent.

I think if that was my ambition I would buy a place with a huge lake (or ability to make one) and breed fish. Fish is expensive today, and you can probably make a ton of money just doing that as well as having your own private fish supply. Walleye around here goes for around $15.00 a pound in the store.

At that point money isnt the concern.

Forum List

Back