‘Housing for All’: Democrats push for big government response to soaring rents

The article talked about family housing.

How can we consider ourselves to be the richest, greatest nation on earth while boors say in response to a problem of high cost housing "fuck 'em"?

So what do you suppose is responsible for the high cost of housing? Could it be taxes? Could it be union construction workers? What?

Look.......I've been doing this for about 25 years now, and most of the rent paid to me goes right out the door. When unions take pay increases, it increases the value of a home, and that increases our building insurance. Then I have water and sewer bills to pay that keep going up thanks to your wonderful EPA. Then there is property tax in which over 60% goes to our schools.

I didn't invest in land to have a social obligation to the public. I invested in real estate to try and make a profit and perhaps secure income for my retirement years. But because of that, everybody thinks we are sitting on pile of Fn money. My city just raped me for $250.00 for an apartment inspection which I have to get with each new tenant because the city felt we landlords are making too much money; this without ever asking us, looking at our tax forms, or even holding a meeting with landlords.

And now governments are going to tell us how much we can charge besides? The real problem with rental properties is too much Fn government. That's one of the reasons it costs so much.
Gentrification not unions. I know how much contempt you Conservatives hold for the working man. You spell it out.

When neighborhoods get popular, rents increase exponentially. And that prices working class families,out of the housing market.

Shelter, food, clothing, medical care. Basic human needs. Are you saying this nation cannot afford to look out for its weakest citizens? How many times have Conservatives claimed we are a Christian nation? Perhaps it's time to demonstrate some of that Christian humanity.
LOL

States like California have homeless who make 50k..........your policies have jacked up the cost of living to insanity. While rent is high around the nation......who the hell wants to pay 1500 a month for a small apartment when I can buy 2 large brick houses for that here.

Keep your state......your policies........and stupidity away from the rest of the country.

Where is this? But I'm more looking for CBS houses.
LA............lower Alabama

Fuckin aye! That works! Little cold up that way for me..

I know where LA is, baby. :04:

I'm trying to stay South of say..Putnam county. ;x

Fuck em.....get a room mate like we used to do.

exactly right. When I lived in Ohio, I lived in a 1000 square foot home. When I looked at the 1940 census, there were 7 people living in the 2 br home that year.

I was able to afford it, because Mahoning County did have reasonable housing costs.

But in some of these cities, the price of the house is out of control. Encouraging people to live with their families, live in trailers, not live so high on the hog is the key.

:offtopic:

So, Ray From Cleveland , who you like for Governor? I'm leaning towards the not Adam Putnam guy. My first reaction was Adam Putnam, everybody knows him, have for years, but the other guy is looking pretty good.

For example, Ray. Would you rent to me? Great credit. Excellent references. Pay on time and usually BEFORE rent is due. Improvement of property with my own sweat and usually my own money when I have it to spare. But..I can't pay more than 600 bucks per month due to SS budget. And you can rent your place for 1500 per month. Who would you choose? The people who will pay 1500 per month, thats who. So I wind up on the street under an overpass.

That's a very good scenario.

Okay, so I decide to rent to you at $600.00 a month. However the bills to run the place cost me $800.00 a month. I lose $200.00 a month by renting to you.

Should I do that to accommodate your income?

No. It should be somewhat profitable, but what's up with these $1600/mo rents?

Does the county charge that much more taxes on rental property?

Depends on the state. In Florida, you don't get homestead exemption which adds about $700. to your annual property taxes. You can rent a decent 2/2 with about 1,100 sq. ft. duplex for about $800-$850 a month in a decent neighborhood. $1,600 a month will rent a very nice house 3 or 4/2 with 2,000+ sq. ft. in a very nice neighborhood.

This is Tallahassee, Capital of Florida and a major college town so supply and demand fluctuate.

Dear Senate Democrats, good effort, but tax credits won’t solve this crisis. Working people need Housing-For-All: 10 million homes in 10 years.
a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed can solve this problem for us, via market friendly means. applied capitalism, what concept.

You think 15 bucks an hour will allow someone to live in the Bay Area, aren't you special.
i am not the one arguing in a vacuum of special pleading. I think you can find some accommodation on fifteen an hour; and, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

Higher paid labor can afford to pay for more infrastructure.

Great, you can have your 15 bucks an hour, but in all fairness to others, you only get 10 hours/week. That way we can hire more people.

True to an extent.
I just wanted enough money to retire early and have some fun before I reached the decrepit age SS wants you to wait for.

Sure, I understand that totally. I don't make much profit on rents, but when the houses are paid for, I'm retired, I won't be trying to choose between food and prescriptions hopefully. But this is the typical "penalize success and reward failure" of the Democrat party.

Sell em all and live off the proceeds when you get close to your first SS mark.
Thats pretty much our plan.
Live large when you can enjoy it because when you hit a certain age you dont GAF about fishing or golf.

BS. I always want to go fishing.

And if you play your cards right you can fish off your own dock with a short walk down your boat dock.
At this point we're trying to decide if we should buy lake front property and lease hunting land.
Or just buy a 100 acres near a near a good lake and trailer the boat to the lake or have a slip.

It's a toss up at this point.

I'd be more likely to get on the boat if it was in my backyard but I also like the idea of being able to shoot when I want,hunt when I want or get in the SxS and ride around.

At this point we're leaning towards land since I can always add a pond/lake depending on the drainage and or creeks.

Land and dig your own pond and stock it. :113:

My friend's brother used to be on 50 acres. It had a dug pond, and we could go bowfishing.

There's apartments there now. :(

That land is low, I remember the driveway used to flood out.

Must have been some years ago. Really tough to dig your own pond today in our area. Between the EPA and local codes, that's a tough row to hoe!

Dear Senate Democrats, good effort, but tax credits won’t solve this crisis. Working people need Housing-For-All: 10 million homes in 10 years.
a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed can solve this problem for us, via market friendly means. applied capitalism, what concept.

You think 15 bucks an hour will allow someone to live in the Bay Area, aren't you special.
i am not the one arguing in a vacuum of special pleading. I think you can find some accommodation on fifteen an hour; and, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

21K/year...what does that get you?
An apartment in a crime zone.

:offtopic:

So, Ray From Cleveland , who you like for Governor? I'm leaning towards the not Adam Putnam guy. My first reaction was Adam Putnam, everybody knows him, have for years, but the other guy is looking pretty good.

to be honest, I haven't looked into it yet. I will when we near the election. But what I will say is I'm glad to get rid of Kasich. He proved himself to be infantile and a sore loser. After his loss for the presidential nomination, he displayed what he really is and that is a hard left RINO.

Gentrification not unions. I know how much contempt you Conservatives hold for the working man. You spell it out.

When neighborhoods get popular, rents increase exponentially. And that prices working class families,out of the housing market.

Shelter, food, clothing, medical care. Basic human needs. Are you saying this nation cannot afford to look out for its weakest citizens? How many times have Conservatives claimed we are a Christian nation? Perhaps it's time to demonstrate some of that Christian humanity.

That's all just malarkey and worse, you know it is malarkey.

What does being a Christian nation have to do with the cost of housing? Please be specific. Since we're a Christian nation, does that mean, in your mind, that we should reward people for bad behavior?

Depends on where you live.

Depends on where you live.
Nassau County.

Not necessarily. I don't make much more than that, a little, but not much.

One time I left a bright orange Husqvarna chainsaw right in the middle of the street while I went on a 3-day bender.

When I came back, it was still there. Not much thievetry here.

Ofc I uhh, was operating on it the next day, and it caught on fire, melted down, and burned a hole in the road, oops. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should move to a location where costs are lower.
Detroit?
I am restricted to Jewish areas.
I need kosher food and a synagogue.
Maybe that’s why most of us consider 50K/year to be slave wages.

No wonder you got a Heeb for an avatar. You know, there's a couple condos in Miami..

Man, I wish I was there right now, in a Jewish cafeteria on South Beach at midnight, ordering a Pastrami on Rye with mustard, and a slab of that good chocolate cake, and milk.

That's living! I'm telling ya. You should see the old people that turn out for that.

They know it's good.

Last edited:

Detroit?

No wonder you got a Heeb for an avatar. You know, there's a couple condos in Miami..
Auto theft capital of the United States..........lol..........have good car insurance. LOL

Detroit?

My son-in-law’s family already owns them!

Forum List

Back