‘Housing for All’: Democrats push for big government response to soaring rents

Dear Senate Democrats, good effort, but tax credits won’t solve this crisis. Working people need Housing-For-All: 10 million homes in 10 years.
a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed can solve this problem for us, via market friendly means. applied capitalism, what concept.

You think 15 bucks an hour will allow someone to live in the Bay Area, aren't you special.
i am not the one arguing in a vacuum of special pleading. I think you can find some accommodation on fifteen an hour; and, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

Higher paid labor can afford to pay for more infrastructure.

You think 15 bucks an hour will allow someone to live in the Bay Area, aren't you special.
Yes, good capitalists can, lousy capitalists can't.

Dear Senate Democrats, good effort, but tax credits won’t solve this crisis. Working people need Housing-For-All: 10 million homes in 10 years.
a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed can solve this problem for us, via market friendly means. applied capitalism, what concept.
Its bullshit of course.

Give everyone 15 per hour and you lower the ceiling for those who have worked hard their whole life to get to a better place in life. So, what will those who own such buildings do when people have this 15 per hours income?

They will ensure they get their share and raise the rent, thereby offsetting the increase and putting us right back where we are now.

Funny thing is, there are GOOD jobs with GOOD pay to be had for people without an education. There is a company in upstate NY, west of Appalachian that makes ends for cans and is starting out at 21 per hour. The only skill you need is a mechanical aptitude and a willingness to take orders.

There is no need for 15 per hours.
we want to lose low wage jobs that are subsidized through social spending, anyway.
No we don't. We want to keep them as training jobs for those coming out of high school.

If you're over 25 and still working for minimum wage, the problem is with you, not the wage.

i am not the one arguing in a vacuum of special pleading. I think you can find some accommodation on fifteen an hour; and, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

You just aren't vey intelligent son, sorry.

Don’t we have housing for all during emergencies? During Katrina we saw the government version of housing for all. They got to live in a football stadium with rapists and people shitting all over the place. That’s government housing people. You don’t get the picket fence if the government gives it to you.
Infrastructure should include new substations that include grid scale batteries and capacity for a population of around a battalion, in case of emergency.

Jobs attract people which create housing shortages, like in Silicon Valey where white supremacy rules..

How Silicon Valley Can Cut The Cord Of White Supremacy

giphy.gif

Its bullshit of course.

Give everyone 15 per hour and you lower the ceiling for those who have worked hard their whole life to get to a better place in life. So, what will those who own such buildings do when people have this 15 per hours income?

They will ensure they get their share and raise the rent, thereby offsetting the increase and putting us right back where we are now.

Funny thing is, there are GOOD jobs with GOOD pay to be had for people without an education. There is a company in upstate NY, west of Appalachian that makes ends for cans and is starting out at 21 per hour. The only skill you need is a mechanical aptitude and a willingness to take orders.

we want to lose low wage jobs that are subsidized through social spending, anyway.
No we don't. We want to keep them as training jobs for those coming out of high school.

If you're over 25 and still working for minimum wage, the problem is with you, not the wage.
Yes, we do. A first world economy cannot compete with cheap labor. It really is that simple.

You just aren't vey intelligent son, sorry.
Henry Ford could, You can't?

Fuckin wut?

Fuckin wut?

That elevator does not go all the way to the top.

When the housing bubble was growing, not one word about how we landlords were suffering. All our potential tenants were getting homes with 0% down and no credit checks. As supply and demand always does, we were forced to compete for the tenants that were left, and trust me, they were far from the pick of the litter.

So we lost money for several years until a year or so after the housing crash. But then the problem was people didn't even have money for rent.

Nobody addressed this problem for us because market forces is all part of being a landlord. But now that supply is low and demand is up, let's find another way to screw the landlords or subsidize renters.

Nobody subsidized us when we were down, but now my tax money has to go to subsidize them. The Democrats will dress it up as they care for the little guy, but the truth is they only care about their voters which probably don't include a lot of landlords, and renters are probably more Democrat.

Don’t we have housing for all during emergencies? During Katrina we saw the government version of housing for all. They got to live in a football stadium with rapists and people shitting all over the place. That’s government housing people. You don’t get the picket fence if the government gives it to you.
Infrastructure should include new substations that include grid scale batteries and capacity for a population of around a battalion, in case of emergency.
well we’ve had the input from the retard that doesn’t know how electricity works.

Its bullshit of course.

At seventeen I found a job that payed twice the min wage and kept doing it for forty years, at a much higher rate. Bought my first house at 25..

Forum List

Back