House Republicans slash agencies, nick themselves

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
A new GOP proposal would reduce domestic agencies' spending by 9 percent on average through September, when the current budget year ends.

If that plan becomes law, it could lead to layoffs of tens of thousands of federal employees, big cuts to heating and housing subsidies for the poor, reduced grants to schools and law enforcement agencies, and a major hit to the Internal Revenue Service's budget.

Congress, on the other hand, would get nicked by only 2 percent, or $94 million.

I guess Boehner only wants US to be fiscally conservative?

House Republicans slash agencies, nick themselves - Politics - msnbc.com

Waiting for first reply to automatically write this off because of the source.

A new GOP proposal would reduce domestic agencies' spending by 9 percent on average through September, when the current budget year ends.

If that plan becomes law, it could lead to layoffs of tens of thousands of federal employees, big cuts to heating and housing subsidies for the poor, reduced grants to schools and law enforcement agencies, and a major hit to the Internal Revenue Service's budget.

Congress, on the other hand, would get nicked by only 2 percent, or $94 million.

I agree. Call "Boner" and tell him you want him to cut even more ok?

I agree. Call "Boner" and tell him you want him to cut even more ok?

"Cutting", is precisely why they got elected, right?

I particularly liked this bit... that the OP chose not to highlight....

When Democrats gained a majority in 2007, the budget for the office of the speaker's office — considered the most powerful of any in Congress — exploded. As speaker, Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., engineered a $2 million, 71 percent increase immediately after that transfer of party control

Fucking Democrats bleed the country dry and then bitch at the GOP for not fixing their fuck up.

When Democrats gained a majority in 2007, the budget for the office of the speaker's office — considered the most powerful of any in Congress — exploded. As speaker, Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., engineered a $2 million, 71 percent increase immediately after that transfer of party control

Fucking Democrats bleed the country dry and then bitch at the GOP for not fixing their fuck up.

Math isn't your strong suit..is it?

Or for that matter, cognitive thinking.

I DID read that. What a quick win this could have been for Boehner and his new found conservative friends? They could have pointed out how Pelosi had exploded her budget and how the new Tea Bag friendly GOP would be immediately putting a stop to this outrageous spending enacted by the Democrats. Instead, he chose to keep his money intact. You decide who is allowing the "bleeding" you speak of, to continue....

I DID read that. What a quick win this could have been for Boehner and his new found conservative friends? They could have pointed out how Pelosi had exploded her budget and how the new Tea Bag friendly GOP would be immediately putting a stop to this outrageous spending enacted by the Democrats. Instead, he chose to keep his money intact. You decide who is allowing the "bleeding" you speak of, to continue....

Yank is right. The repubs promised huge spending cuts but now that they have power they are reluctant to give up any of that power. This is why I hate almost all politicians these days.

So, if this is true, Boehner wants all of us taxpayers to tighten our belts while he and the rest of the GOP politicians expand theirs???? I think the Tea Baggers are gonna be pissed.

OHH and so Boner is keepinig most of that Dem increase?

So, if this is true, Boehner wants all of us taxpayers to tighten our belts while he and the rest of the GOP politicians expand theirs???? I think the Tea Baggers are gonna be pissed.

the RNC knows although the baggers get pissed they will still pull the republican lever next election.

OHH and so Boner is keepinig most of that Dem increase?

Not most. Boehner is keeping ALL of the Speaker's increase that Pelosi instituted.

Forum List

Back