House Republicans Introduce Bill to Eliminate Obama’s 39 Czars…

This is strictly an "ideological" decision on the part of the GOP, not one based on performance!

These "czars" have all been in their positions less than 2 years, not long enough to complete the necessary reorganization followed by the timeframe required to evaluate any major change - and the Republicans know it!

They also know that with any 39 appointments there are going to be successes and failures based on a variety of structural and personnel reasons.

Has the GOP actually taken the time and "due diligence" in attempting to evaluate each and every one of these programs on its own merits and is now willing to provide a detailed analysis why each of the 39 has failed?

Last edited:
I love when people call Obama and his peeps czars as a anti-communist tactic cause having no sense of history is downright funny

I love when people call Obama and his peeps czars as a anti-communist tactic cause having no sense of history is downright funny

You not making a point because everybody knows we have had czars long before obama. It's just that obama keeps bring up the numbers and the cost to the American people. In the tough economical times he's a hypocrite.

Yes I read it and I am aware about the other first ladies. does it make it right?. Does it matter what the color of jersey is of the person is in the white house. Wouldn't you agree with these tough economic times does the first lady need that many staff? However if you want to continue with they did it they did it this mess will neve get fixed.

Would someone give this guy a mule, hard tack, and a shovel to bury his car with?

Excuse me but what kind of moron responce is this?^^^^^
1. I have a mule
2. I can make my own hardtack
3. I have a shovel

Can I burry this wasteful government?

Essential Shittowel.

obama-czar_in_chief.jpg

(The Hill)- A group of House Republicans introduced a bill on Wednesday to rein in the various “czars” in the Obama administration.
Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) and 28 other House Republicans introduced legislation to do away with the informal, paid advisers President Obama has employed over the past two years.
The legislation, which was introduced in the last Congress but was not allowed to advance under Democratic control, would do away with the 39 czars Obama has employed during his administration.
The bill defines a czar as “a head of any task force, council, policy office within the Executive Office of the President, or similar office established by or at the direction of the President” who is appointed to a position that would otherwise require Senate confirmation.

The Czars: this is BLATANT PAYOLA.....pure & simple !!!

obama-czar_in_chief.jpg

(The Hill)- A group of House Republicans introduced a bill on Wednesday to rein in the various “czars” in the Obama administration.
Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) and 28 other House Republicans introduced legislation to do away with the informal, paid advisers President Obama has employed over the past two years.
The legislation, which was introduced in the last Congress but was not allowed to advance under Democratic control, would do away with the 39 czars Obama has employed during his administration.
The bill defines a czar as “a head of any task force, council, policy office within the Executive Office of the President, or similar office established by or at the direction of the President” who is appointed to a position that would otherwise require Senate confirmation.

Obama's Czar list now totals 39!

Here is the 07/24/09 UPDATED LIST.

These people are non-elected officials who have control over your life. You can't fire them. You can't even call your legislator or Congressman and complain.
Each one of these czars is a violation of power granted to the president in Article II of the United States.

1. Afghanistan Czar: Richard Holbrooke
2. AIDS Czar: Jeffrey Crowley
3. Behavioral Science Czar: Not appointed yet
4. Bailout Czar: Neel Kashkari
5. Border Czar: Alan Bersin (Former US attorney)
6. California (Federal) Water Czar: David J. Hayes
7. Car Czar: Ron Bloom
8. Climate Czar: Todd Stern
9. Copyright Czar: Not appointed yet
10. Cyberspace/Internet Fraud Czar: Melissa Hathaway
11. Drug Czar: Gil Kerlikowske
12. Economic Czar: Paul Volcker
13. Education Czar: Arne Duncan
15. Faith-Based Czar: Joshua Dubois
16. Great Lakes Czar: Cameron Davis
17. Green Jobs Czar: Van Jones
18. Guantanomo Closure Czar: Danny Fried
19. Health Care Czar: Nancy-Ann DeParle
20. Information Czar: Vivek Kundra
21. Intelligence Czar: Admiral Dennis Blair
22. Latin-American Czar: Arturo Valenzuela
23. Mideast Policy Czar: Dennis Ross
24. Middle-East Peace Czar: George Mitchell
25. Pay Czar: Kenneth Feinberg
26. Performance Czar: Jeffrey Zients
27. Regulatory Czar: Cass Sunstein
28. ‘Safe Schools’ Czar: Kevin Jennings
29. Science Czar: John Holdren
30. Stimulus Accountability Czar: Earl Devaney
31. Sudan Czar: J. Scott Gration
32. Tarp Czar: Herb Allison
33. Technology Czar: Aneesh Chopra
34. Terrorism Czar: John Brennan
35. Urban Affairs/Housing Czar: Adolfo Carrion
36. Violence Against Women Czar: Lynn Rosenthal
37. War Czar: Douglas Lute
38. Weapons Czar: Ashton Carter
39. WMD Czar: Gary Samore

Of course, these folks on the list are not really czars. (Neither were they in the Bush WH) "Czar" is a title bestowed by the media. The last real czar, Simeon II of Bulgaria, was deposed in 1945.

Forum List

Back