House Republicans Behaving as if Stupidity were a Virtue?

Good for the GOP and thank you Boehner. The tax cuts for the bottom 50% has to stop. We need to increase taxes on those non contributors, not decrease them. Too many don't participate, too many in the cart and only a very few of us pulling the cart.

Ah. So your solution is to tax the rich and middle class. Hmmm.

How about corporations? Would you eliminate the loopholes etc...?

Good for the GOP and thank you Boehner. The tax cuts for the bottom 50% has to stop. We need to increase taxes on those non contributors, not decrease them. Too many don't participate, too many in the cart and only a very few of us pulling the cart.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

We need a balanced budget amendment.
We need to slash spending on programs and turn over more control to the states.
I do believe we need to overhaul the tax code. Too many interest groups being served by the monstrosity today.

I would eliminate many loopholes. I would lower the rates on corporations. The high rates and loopholes mean the middle and lower end guys get screwed.

I am concerned about the concentration of wealth, can't ignore it. But 200/250k is way too low to consider "rich/wealthy". In the Boston area it certainly isn't. You're doing well, but you aren't rich, you aren't without concern for your future. $1m, 2M/ yr, that's a different story.

I think the Bush tax cuts in total need to be repealed. We then need to look at the AMT which is screwing a lot of people and we then need targeted cuts for those in the 50-300K range.

The rich, the truly rich can pay more but the lower ranges need to at least pay something.

I don't believe that you are a millionaire. Please.....stop whining.

where did I say I'm a millionaire?

I put two and two together. You are associating yourself with the only people for whom Obama has proposed a tax increase.

I'm guessing that your tax burden is relatively small, in fact. Please....quit whining.

I didn't come here to swing my Internet dick around, that isn't my point. I'm not in the top 1% but I knock on the door, and I paid 1/3 in taxes all combined last year. I am in Obama's target, he has said I don't pay my fair share. I'm not rich, I'm not wealthy by any means. I'm doing well and maybe after another 10 yrs I will be doing very well, but it could all go away too.

I do believe we need to overhaul the tax code. Too many interest groups being served by the monstrosity today.

I would eliminate many loopholes. I would lower the rates on corporations. The high rates and loopholes mean the middle and lower end guys get screwed.

I am concerned about the concentration of wealth, can't ignore it. But 200/250k is way too low to consider "rich/wealthy". In the Boston area it certainly isn't. You're doing well, but you aren't rich, you aren't without concern for your future. $1m, 2M/ yr, that's a different story.

I think the Bush tax cuts in total need to be repealed. We then need to look at the AMT which is screwing a lot of people and we then need targeted cuts for those in the 50-300K range.

The rich, the truly rich can pay more but the lower ranges need to at least pay something.

Ah. I guess it was the "Good for you Beohner" thing.
Everything above seems at least fairly reasonable.

So regarding Boehner. First he said "We won't extend this thing for a year!" Then the senate passed the two month thing and now he says "We need it for a year!".

You don't think that's complete and rather obvious BS?

So regarding Boehner. First he said "We won't extend this thing for a year!" Then the senate passed the two month thing and now he says "We need it for a year!".

I'm sure you've heard the saying about a person figuratively shooting himself in the foot.

It looks to me like that's exactly what Boehner and the rest of the GOP reps (and candidates) are doing. The only difference is that they're using a double-barreled shotgun and aiming at both feet at once.

Their pathetic explanations in order to try to make some kind of rational sense out of this PR fiasco is simply a hilarious, yet unsuccessful attempt at misdirection. Not only is it not working. It's making them look like a political party with an ability to govern akin to the Keystone Kops ability to catch criminals.

Because you are one of the top 1%?

I love the way these right wingers think they are one of the contributors. I remember when I made a crack to one of these guys to unroll the sleeping back on the floor of mom's double wide and go back to sleep. And he said, "There is nothing wrong with living in my mom's trailer".

There is going to be hell to pay in the House as TeaTards are shown the door

Can Boehner be any more inept? thank goodness Pelosi will be back in charge in a little more than a year

Either Boehner intentionally sabotaged this, or he has no control over his own party.

Either way, the guy is a dick.

He has no say, he goes back to the Teaparty and gets his marching orders everytime. It's ridiculous.

you people are joke.. there is no Tea party for him to get his marching orders from. There is a DEMOCRAT party and a REPUBLICN party.

I'm sure you've heard the saying about a person figuratively shooting himself in the foot.

It looks to me like that's exactly what Boehner and the rest of the GOP reps (and candidates) are doing. The only difference is that they're using a double-barreled shotgun and aiming at both feet at once.

Their pathetic explanations in order to try to make some kind of rational sense out of this PR fiasco is simply a hilarious, yet unsuccessful attempt at misdirection. Not only is it not working. It's making them look like a political party with an ability to govern akin to the Keystone Kops ability to catch criminals.

It would be funny if it wasn't so frigging sad.

What is going to happen when obama loses? The democrats are going to explode under the weight of their own methane!

I love the way these right wingers think they are one of the contributors. I remember when I made a crack to one of these guys to unroll the sleeping back on the floor of mom's double wide and go back to sleep. And he said, "There is nothing wrong with living in my mom's trailer".

No, unfortunately I'm not. I'm trying though. I'm working as hard as I can to be. I will be someday. But right now I'm not, but I am still in the cross hairs of our divisive President. To him, I don't pay my fair share. I work 70hrs a week, work weekends, work hard and pay taxes according to the policy. And as a contributor I pay a lot of taxes. More than 1/3 of what I earn is taken in some form of a tax. It's close to 40% when all of them are totaled. But according to the President it isn't enough. It's never enough.

No, unfortunately I'm not. I'm trying though. I'm working as hard as I can to be. I will be someday. But right now I'm not, but I am still in the cross hairs of our divisive President. To him, I don't pay my fair share. I work 70hrs a week, work weekends, work hard and pay taxes according to the policy. And as a contributor I pay a lot of taxes. More than 1/3 of what I earn is taken in some form of a tax. It's close to 40% when all of them are totaled. But according to the President it isn't enough. It's never enough.

I worked 40 hours a week and went to night school at Roosevelt University for nearly 8 years to become an engineer. I know work. If you have to work 70 hours a week, you are not gonna get rich. You don't think CEO's making millions are working 70 hours a week, do you? It's not about how much and how long you work, but the quality of that work.

Besides, those guys have bought every Republican politician and a couple of Democrats to make it easier do things like skim insurance policies, get corporate subsidies and use derivatives to make their millions. Those guys are paying the lowest taxes in decades. If you're whining about paying too much and you're a Republican, you are with the wrong party. In ten days, you taxes will go up and you can thank the Republicans for that.

You sit in front of the internet, instead of absorbing right wing talking points, find out what is actually happening.

I worked 40 hours a week and went to night school at Roosevelt University for nearly 8 years to become an engineer. I know work. If you have to work 70 hours a week, you are not gonna get rich. You don't think CEO's making millions are working 70 hours a week, do you? It's not about how much and how long you work, but the quality of that work.

Besides, those guys have bought every Republican politician and a couple of Democrats to make it easier do things like skim insurance policies, get corporate subsidies and use derivatives to make their millions. Those guys are paying the lowest taxes in decades. If you're whining about paying too much and you're a Republican, you are with the wrong party. In ten days, you taxes will go up and you can thank the Republicans for that.

You sit in front of the internet, instead of absorbing right wing talking points, find out what is actually happening.

I have some breaking news for you. Many SVP's and CEO's do put in 70hrs a week, and more. Most working professionals who make 200K+ (and I by extension in the cross hairs of the Liberal class warfare assault) work 60-70hrs a week at times.

I pray those taxes go up. I hope the Bush tax cuts expire. For 8+ yrs all we heard is how we can't afford the Bush tax cuts. God I hope they expire.

If you're paying over 30% it's definitely because you're NOT one of the 1% or a business-owner. Both pay under 20% on average. I'm in the "target bracket" and I usually pay 15 - 20% all perfectly legally. I get 20+ deductions that you employees and working people don't get simply because I own my own business. Cars, computers, phones, travel and so on all get taken off. Then there's deferred comp, SEPs and simply keeping a huge portion of my income, in the company - which only has to show a (paper) profit 2 out of 5 years. ANYONE making $200K+ has access to the same kind of advice I do and can afford to work the system that is designed to our advantage. But can a single mom making $36K a year defer half of her compensation? Nope. Can she put $4k into retirement? Nope. Deduct her computers, phones cars etc... Nope.
You're tax problems are not Obama's fault. They were put in place by Reaganomics long ago...

If you're paying over 30% it's definitely because you're NOT one of the 1% or a business-owner. Both pay under 20% on average. I'm in the "target bracket" and I usually pay 15 - 20% all perfectly legally. I get 20+ deductions that you employees and working people don't get simply because I own my own business. Cars, computers, phones, travel and so on all get taken off. Then there's deferred comp, SEPs and simply keeping a huge portion of my income, in the company - which only has to show a (paper) profit 2 out of 5 years. ANYONE making $200K+ has access to the same kind of advice I do and can afford to work the system that is designed to our advantage. But can a single mom making $36K a year defer half of her compensation? Nope. Can she put $4k into retirement? Nope. Deduct her computers, phones cars etc... Nope.
You're tax problems are not Obama's fault. They were put in place by Reaganomics long ago...

Well stated. Ya think any of it will stick?

Two months worth of tax breaks? Is it a joke? Nope, it's a political game. If the left wing media was honest, Harry Reid would be laughed out of Washington or be in jail. Somehow the idiot left is having orgasms about two months worth of tax holidays when the democrat senate refused to approve a full year.

By the way, how did that turn out?

Two months worth of tax breaks? Is it a joke? Nope, it's a political game. If the left wing media was honest, Harry Reid would be laughed out of Washington or be in jail. Somehow the idiot left is having orgasms about two months worth of tax holidays when the democrat senate refused to approve a full year.

You really believe the year tax cut was stopped by the dems dont you. Wow.

Well stated. Ya think any of it will stick?

Oh hell no. The Right doesn't want to deal with facts if they don't support their position. Basically, they prefer propaganda and label anyone not drinking the Red Kool-aid as a liberal partisan socialist etc...
Of course The Left drinks the blue Kool-aid but at least they stick with issues more than half the time.

Forum List

Back