House Republicans Behaving as if Stupidity were a Virtue?

The Tea Party is going to destroy the Republican Party.

Like that little monster in the movie, Alien.

There is going to be hell to pay in the House as TeaTards are shown the door

Can Boehner be any more inept? thank goodness Pelosi will be back in charge in a little more than a year

Either Boehner intentionally sabotaged this, or he has no control over his own party.

Either way, the guy is a dick.

He has no say, he goes back to the Teaparty and gets his marching orders everytime. It's ridiculous.

These clowns just can't get out of their own way.

Hey, I can understand (not really) if the GOP is willing to take stands (like making massive cuts to Medicare) which won't make them beloved among a great number of people who count on programs like Medicare.

But to do something like this (refusing to pass the stop gap payroll tax deduction compromise) when it will just make average Americans hate you because their taxes will go up after the first of the year? This is just plain stupid.

But it is also instructive, and the American people are watching. And I guarantee you they don't like what they're seeing. Do you think average Americans are going to want to go to the polls and vote for these guys?

I don't think so.

House Republicans moved Tuesday to reject a Senate-passed tax cut extension, hardening a standoff over whether to extend an expiring payroll tax cut and clouding the prospects for a clear resolution to prevent a tax hike on Jan. 1.

The House passed a measure that served the twin purposes of implicitly rejecting the Senate's bipartisan legislation extending an expiring payroll tax cut for two months, while volleying House Republicans' own proposal back to the Senate, where Democrats are in the majority.

229 House members, all Republicans, voted to send the payroll tax cut to conference, the formal (and less commonly used) process to resolve legislative differences with the Senate. Seven Republicans joined 186 Democrats in opposition to this plan.

President Obama, in a surprise appearance at the White House briefing, condemned Republicans for playing politics with the vote, and urged Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) and House Republicans to defuse "brinksmanship" and pass the two-month deal.

"Let's be clear: Right now, the bipartisan compromise that was reached on Saturday is the only viable way to prevent a tax hike on Jan. 1," he said.
The legislative maneuver allowed Republicans to avoid having to specifically vote against the Senate's two-month tax cut, while still voicing their opposition to the deal.

First Read - House rejects payroll tax stopgap, hardening standoff

Why do you insist on making a bad SS situation worse?

Its that simple

Do you have the balls to answer?

These clowns just can't get out of their own way.

Hey, I can understand (not really) if the GOP is willing to take stands (like making massive cuts to Medicare) which won't make them beloved among a great number of people who count on programs like Medicare.

But to do something like this (refusing to pass the stop gap payroll tax deduction compromise) when it will just make average Americans hate you because their taxes will go up after the first of the year? This is just plain stupid.

But it is also instructive, and the American people are watching. And I guarantee you they don't like what they're seeing. Do you think average Americans are going to want to go to the polls and vote for these guys?

I don't think so.

House Republicans moved Tuesday to reject a Senate-passed tax cut extension, hardening a standoff over whether to extend an expiring payroll tax cut and clouding the prospects for a clear resolution to prevent a tax hike on Jan. 1.

The House passed a measure that served the twin purposes of implicitly rejecting the Senate's bipartisan legislation extending an expiring payroll tax cut for two months, while volleying House Republicans' own proposal back to the Senate, where Democrats are in the majority.

229 House members, all Republicans, voted to send the payroll tax cut to conference, the formal (and less commonly used) process to resolve legislative differences with the Senate. Seven Republicans joined 186 Democrats in opposition to this plan.

President Obama, in a surprise appearance at the White House briefing, condemned Republicans for playing politics with the vote, and urged Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) and House Republicans to defuse "brinksmanship" and pass the two-month deal.

"Let's be clear: Right now, the bipartisan compromise that was reached on Saturday is the only viable way to prevent a tax hike on Jan. 1," he said.
The legislative maneuver allowed Republicans to avoid having to specifically vote against the Senate's two-month tax cut, while still voicing their opposition to the deal.

First Read - House rejects payroll tax stopgap, hardening standoff

Why do you insist on making a bad SS situation worse?

Its that simple

Do you have the balls to answer?

SS is solvent for 25 years.

A growing economy is the best guarantee for SS.

The willingness of some people to believe what Boehner and Cantor say is funny. These two jokers never utter a word that is not laced with innuendo or half-truths.

The willingness of some people to believe what Boehner and Cantor say is funny. These two jokers never utter a word that is not laced with innuendo or half-truths.

Lewis Black said Cantor looked like "the manager of the Asshole Store."

thank goodness Pelosi will be back in charge in a little more than a year

No one, i mean no one, besides a completely deranged moonbat could make that statement with a straight face, you're just fuckin' around .........

If you want this tax cut so badly, why don't you compromise, you know the thing you always claim you want, and support the bill the House already passed that cuts the taxes for the next year. Or is keeping people unemployed by not approving the Pipeline more important to you than the tax cut you claim to be for?

I dont think you give a damn about the tax cut. If you did, this bill would have been signed last week.

The compromise was reached in the Senate between Democrats and Republicans. Boehner can't get his members to go along with it even as the Democrats are prepared to vote for it. The president supports it.

This is ALL on the House Republicans, and they're not going to be able to blame anyone else, although I'm SURE they'll try.

You know what I can't stand? People who lie as much as you are.

The House passed the tax cut already. And they extended it a year, not two months like the measure Obama is pushing. And here you are still trying to claim that the House is holding it up. No. The Senate is holding it up. Because you freakin liars refuse to actually compromise. I mean heaven forbid Americans in the Midwest get jobs. Heaven forbid we have a greater supply of oil and build infrastructure.

No. You'd rather sit here and lie through your teeth for political purposes while people are suffering for your games. All because you think it will help you to pretend that the Republicans are the ones holding everything up.

Do you have any part of you that has self respect? Is this politicl bullcrap really worth your integrity?

What in God's name are you talking about? I'm not a member of Congress!

In less than a year House Republicans have...

Voted to kill SS and Medicare.

Almost shut down the government and hurt our credit rating for no good reason.

Voted against almost every jobs bill brought before them.

Voted to raise taxes on 160 million Americans.

Good for the GOP and thank you Boehner. The tax cuts for the bottom 50% has to stop. We need to increase taxes on those non contributors, not decrease them. Too many don't participate, too many in the cart and only a very few of us pulling the cart.

There are no tax cuts for the bottom fifty percent. They pay plenty in taxes. Stop falling for the GObP garbage. If you don't have income, you don't pay income taxes. GET IT?

Fact is, the pubs/bags are splintered and no one is in charge.

THAT's why they're in this mess.

Boehner calls Lushbo Rimbaugh his marching orders. Its true. Look it up. Boehner drops more than this tax "break" on greens fees every single week and THAT is all he cares about. He needs to just go spray on his daily tan, play golf and let Nancy Pelosi get the work done.

Fact is, almost 50% don't pay anything but payroll taxes, which are directly tied to receiving benefits. But soon, they won't even have to pay for those, SS and Medi will officially become a welfare package only to be paid by a small few of us.

I screamed as loud as I could last year when Obama snookered the GOP with the payroll tax "holiday". Holiday my ass, it is never going to go away. Never. Who is going to "raise" taxes on "the working poor"? All the while spending increases. All part of Obama, the spend and tax liberal, grand plan. Spend us into near oblivion then cry we have a revenue problem. Cry we don't have fairness in the tax code. Create enough class envy and give as many people enough handouts to stack the deck. Then up goes the taxes for a select few of us. He's close and getting closer.

The most divisive POTUS in modern history.

Good for the GOP and thank you Boehner. The tax cuts for the bottom 50% has to stop. We need to increase taxes on those non contributors, not decrease them. Too many don't participate, too many in the cart and only a very few of us pulling the cart.

There are no tax cuts for the bottom fifty percent. They pay plenty in taxes. Stop falling for the GObP garbage. If you don't have income, you don't pay income taxes. GET IT?

Boehner calls Lushbo Rimbaugh his marching orders. Its true. Look it up. Boehner drops more than this tax "break" on greens fees every single week and THAT is all he cares about. He needs to just go spray on his daily tan, play golf and let Nancy Pelosi get the work done.

Fact is, almost 50% don't pay anything but payroll taxes, which are directly tied to receiving benefits. But soon, they won't even have to pay for those, SS and Medi will officially become a welfare package only to be paid by a small few of us.

I screamed as loud as I could last year when Obama snookered the GOP with the payroll tax "holiday". Holiday my ass, it is never going to go away. Never. Who is going to "raise" taxes on "the working poor"? All the while spending increases. All part of Obama, the spend and tax liberal, grand plan. Spend us into near oblivion then cry we have a revenue problem. Cry we don't have fairness in the tax code. Create enough class envy and give as many people enough handouts to stack the deck. Then up goes the taxes for a select few of us. He's close and getting closer.

I don't believe that you are a millionaire. Please.....stop whining.

where did I say I'm a millionaire?

where did I say I'm a millionaire?

I put two and two together. You are associating yourself with the only people for whom Obama has proposed a tax increase.

I'm guessing that your tax burden is relatively small, in fact. Please....quit whining.

Forum List

Back