House may try to pass Senate health-care bill without voting on it

That's not how the process works. Here, I'll make a Constitution for Dummies entry for you (TM):

1. House passes Bill.
2. Senate passes Bill.
3. If both versions are the same, then bill can be sent to President for signature.
4. If Senate amends the House Bill, House must approve amendments before final bill is sent to President.

In this instance, the bill being amended is the Senate Version - not the original version passed by the House. If the Senate had taken the House version and amended it instead, then we wouldn't have this issue - but that scenario happened in the anti-matter universe, not this one.

Yes it is the same bill.

They are also passing at the same time other bills to fix the senate bill, they are seperate bills.

If it were the same bill, they wouldn't have to DEEM IT PASSED.

It is the same bill.

its a procedural menuver.

The same one the Rs have used hundereds of times.

No, it's not. But I harbor no illusion that that fact will penetrate the fog you substitute for consciousness.

I proved precident , you just ignored the facts given to you.

Newt used it repetedly, do you want him in jail?

No Ya didnt... You're being obstinent... in the face of overwhelming reason.

There is nothing REMOTELY similar to this in US History... it's straight up FRAUD of the first order; and if the President signs this; he will in effect be declaring martial law... And the legislature will in effect have set aside their own purpose...

This is beyond dangerous and a complete waste of time. Any bill that leaves congress under such circumstances is invalid and the signature of an executive isn't going to change that.

you do understand that the HOUSE has not passed the Senate bill, which is why all the examples you are giving mean nothing. for some reason you seem to be missing that point.

Again truth we keep trying to tell you.....good post magic man :)

"now you see me....................now you dont."

The bill has already passed the senate, if it passes by a vote tomarrow then it has passed the house.

All perfectly legal and the same shit the Rs did hunereds of time themselves.

Lie all you want its the same damned thing.

Name the time 'republicans' used it to pass a bill that will cost trillions and is unpopular with more then half the country.

What a stupid thing to say, like a five year old, 'Republicans used it, why can't democrats?'

BECAUSE ITS WRONG AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

I shouldn't have to even say it, it should be obvious too you.

Just like with the reconciliation argument, in the end this is still legislation like any other.

And in case you missed it earlier, the GOP already has had this upheld in court when they were doing it.

Eric Cantor admits it's common:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y58JMBu2ZnM]YouTube - Final Push to Health Care Vote with Hoyer and Cantor on ABC[/ame]

There is nothing REMOTELY similar to this in US History... it's straight up FRAUD of the first order; and if the President signs this; he will in effect be declaring martial law... And the legislature will in effect have set aside their own purpose...

This is beyond dangerous and a complete waste of time. Any bill that leaves congress under such circumstances is invalid and the signature of an executive isn't going to change that.

Well put bro. ~BH

Well put bro. ~BH

Except it is not true.

It has been used by Rs hundereds of times and the proof is in the congressional record.

Forum List

Back