house gop won't cut defense spending but is aiming to end PBS and slash pell grants

its documentaries are some of the most famous ones ever to be released.

SO

carl sagans the cosmos to start with.

It isn't 1975 with 3 channels anymore.

also educational shows like sesame street are the main focus of its time slots when kids are actively watching TV

All of the new media, HBO, Showtime, Discovery and especially Disney have quality children's programs.

PBS is an anachronism.

Frontline had a very good show on last night about "the Digital Nation"
Very interesting.

You will not find this quality of investigative journalism anywhere else.

PBS annual costs are less than 1 weeks cost of Iraq.

My mortgage is less than either - so you won't mind paying it off for me....

That is a totally pathetic response.
I gave PBS 2k last year. And my estate has been directed to keep up the practice in my name.
I do walk my talk.

Have you served in the military or do ACTIVE support for our troops?
I have done both of those too.

Last edited:
Spending on the Constitution's number one mandate is good. Defense. Defense. Defense.

Too much Pell money and government loans are going to University of Phoenix students who help in that institution's graduation rate of barely over 30 percent. They don't have and will not get a job and will not pay back the loans that the Pell grant did not cover.

No need to end PBS. Just stop the taxpayer support and have them get by on their other funding sources.

You're right, only rich kids should have the opportunity to have a higher education. :clap2:

You're right, only rich kids should have the opportunity to have a higher education. :clap2:

I mean, so few Americans go to college and billions of qualified students are denied...

{Despite a sparkling 3.29 grade point average in high school, nearly half of last
year's freshman class at California State University campuses was unqualified to
take entry-level college English.
Nearly 40 percent were deemed unqualified to take freshman math.
Instead, this group of students with the overall B-plus average were diverted to
remedial instruction to improve their skills.
“Why are they getting A's and B's in high school and they are not even ready to
start college? That is what we are wondering as well. It's a huge, huge subject of
research right now,” said Matt Benney, executive director of budget and planning
assessment at Sonoma State University's student affairs and enrollment
management department.}

http://www.sheri4schoolboard.com/up...en_lack_needed_skills___PressDemocrat.com.pdf

Say, democrats should change their party name - to "nun2brite."

the neocons aren't even being transparent anymore. billions more to defense contractors while cutting out all education for disadvantaged people so eventually they join the military out of despair

Tell us where Education is in the Constitution...and we will go from there.

i know education is anathema to you. that's pretty clear.

but do you understand the meaning of the term "general welfare"? or do you need some help with that?

the neocons aren't even being transparent anymore. billions more to defense contractors while cutting out all education for disadvantaged people so eventually they join the military out of despair

Tell us where Education is in the Constitution...and we will go from there.

i know education is anathema to you. that's pretty clear.

but do you understand the meaning of the term "general welfare"? or do you need some help with that?

Quote it. And besides it falls to the States, not the FED.

Nice try...You don't know what you're talking about.

stupid deflection.

Kieth?

Nah, he's a stupid, fucking moron. If someone wants to lower the IQ of another, have them turn on Olbermann.

(I wonder how many leftists have figured out that he's off the air? I wonder how many others sit drooling in front of MSNBC, awaiting him each day?)

its a deflection b/c no one is talking about keith oblermann but you brought him up to make a stupid point. try reading about logical fallacies sometime

Forum List

Back