House GOP’s Ryan to unveil new budget

They didn't pass one because the Republicans filibustered it.

I would agree with you...but you're wrong. They had a filibuster-proof majority but still didn't pass a budget as is required by law.

You can't filibuster something that doesn't exist. In order for the GOP to filibuster a buget from the Democrats...the Democrats would first have to submit a budget. In case you haven't noticed...Democrats don't want to DO that because they think they'll pay a political price if they're forced to admit what their agenda costs the country.

The reality is...the GOP would LOVE to see the Democrats submit and VOTE on a budget because then they can use that bloated budget against them come election time. They're not going to filibuster it!

They didn't pass one because the Republicans filibustered it.

I would agree with you...but you're wrong. They had a filibuster-proof majority but still didn't pass a budget as is required by law.

You can't filibuster something that doesn't exist. In order for the GOP to filibuster a buget from the Democrats...the Democrats would first have to submit a budget. In case you haven't noticed...Democrats don't want to DO that because they think they'll pay a political price if they're forced to admit what their agenda costs the country.

The reality is...the GOP would LOVE to see the Democrats submit and VOTE on a budget because then they can use that bloated budget against them come election time. They're not going to filibuster it!
the democrats submitted a budget as was required by law and it was also passed. too bad you like to spout right wing talking points

House and Senate Budget Committees Pass FY 2009 Budget Resolution

Congress Passes FY 2010 Budget Resolution | OMB Watch

the democrats submitted a budget as was required by law and it was also passed. too bad you like to spout right wing talking points

Ah, Syphon? That was back in 2009. It's now 2012. Would you care to show me where the Democrats have submitted a budget since then?

Ah, Syphon? That was back in 2009. It's now 2012. Would you care to show me where the Democrats have submitted a budget since then?
if you ask you shall receive.

Congress Passes FY 2012 Budget | ALA Connect

Congress Passes FY 2011 Budget, Cuts Billions from Agriculture – NSAC

btw my previous post was to show that in 2009 and 2010 a budget actually did get passed. as much as the right wants to say the Dems never passed one, the 2 previous links show that one was in fact passed.

also since the GOP took back the house in 2010, the FY 2012 budget is their responsibility to submit.

Last edited:
Didn't Ryan's last plan go over like a lead balloon?

Good thinkin CONZ.
It tanked once....it shouldn't tank again, right?

Forum List

Back