House GOP’s Ryan to unveil new budget

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
House GOP’s Ryan to unveil new budget - The Washington Post

Congress is preparing to renew its bitter fight over government spending, as both parties eagerly await the arrival Tuesday of a new budget plan authored by Republican Rep. Paul Ryan (Wis.).

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee immediately responded with a series of statements charging that Ryan will lean on seniors to reduce the debt without addressing tax rates for the wealthy.
magically, Democrats know what is in the proposal, even before it is made. How... precognitive of them.

Rejection of the House budget by the Senate is assured.
Of course it is. The real 'Party of no' couldn't possibly even seriously consider a proposal by a mere Republican. Not in an election year.

Republican leaders believe it is critical to unify the often fractious House GOP around such a document, in part to contrast the Republican-led House with the Democratic-led Senate, which has failed to pass a budget, as required by law, in nearly three years.
Odd how I have yet to see a democratic leaning poster in here condemn the Democrat-led Senate for not following the law for 3 years.

Ryan also must decide whether to replicate the Medicare reform package he included in last year’s budget, which would provide seniors payments to purchase private insurance.

He could instead include the revamped version that he unveiled late last year with Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.). It would preserve a government-run Medicare option alongside new private plans.
Well, at least 1 Democrat understands the meaning on bipartisan.

From the OP link........

But the document will be an important symbolic outline of Republican priorities in a key election year

I find this a very telling statement.

So what the article is stating is that Ryan will be the one to set the priorities for the entire GOP platform?

The same Ryan whose last budget eliminated Medicare as we know it?

Ryan?s Budget Attempts to End Medicare and Shift Costs to Seniors

The same Ryan whose budget his own party and the American people rejected?

Poll: Conservatives And Republicans Oppose Ryan Budget | TPMDC

Poll: Americans don’t support Ryan-budget | Right Across the Atlantic

THIS guy will be setting the GOP priorties in the upcoming election?

I can't wait to see the details. This ought to be good. :popcorn:

From the OP link........

But the document will be an important symbolic outline of Republican priorities in a key election year

So what the article is stating is that Ryan will be the one to set the priorities for the entire GOP platform?

Ryan at least had the guts to take on entitlements to medicare for a worthy cause (the debt, and entitlement solvency), unlike Obama who made half atrillion in cuts to medicare just to make our healthcare system worse. True story!!!

At least Ryan is submitting a budget when is the Democrat controlled Senate going to submit one? Come to think of it when was the last time the Senate submitted a budget.

From the OP link........

The reason that Ryan "eliminated" Medicare as we know it...is that Medicare as we know it won't remain solvent as the baby boomers retire. Paul Ryan is one of the few Washington politicians with the character to tackle what is considered a political "third rail". He's actually making suggestions on how to FIX a looming catastrophe as opposed to Barack Obama who has kicked that can down the road...as usual.

Any word on when the Senate unveil a budget?

Duh, all bills originate in the House, not the Senate. When the House sends them a bill, only then are they authorized to amend it. That's basic seventh grade civics.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee immediately responded with a series of statements charging that Ryan will lean on seniors to reduce the debt without addressing tax rates for the wealthy.
magically, Democrats know what is in the proposal, even before it is made. How... precognitive of them.

I'll lay odds the Democrats are correct.

Democratics aren't interested in budgets during 0bama's one-and-done...

What profound stupidity. Obama, through OMB, submitted a budget proposal to the house. They do so every year. They then hold hearings in the House, where the various agencies clarify their needs.

From the OP link........

The reason that Ryan "eliminated" Medicare as we know it...is that Medicare as we know it won't remain solvent as the baby boomers retire. Paul Ryan is one of the few Washington politicians with the character to tackle what is considered a political "third rail". He's actually making suggestions on how to FIX a looming catastrophe as opposed to Barack Obama who has kicked that can down the road...as usual.

Destroying it is not fixing it.

But let's wait to see what the details will be and how the average working class American reacts.

Especially if it will form the GOP platform.

House GOP’s Ryan to unveil new budget

Is this one going to end Medicare as we know it, also?

I wonder how many commercials Team Obama have ready, featuring Ryan's last fuckup, along with all the GOP who voted for it. It's definitely going to help with the 50+ crowd. :)

Forum List

Back