Sun - Tues Primaries: Could be a Romney sweep

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Puerto Rico: Already a 50%+ victory for Romney (meaning he gets all the votes).

Ililnois: Romney is up by 11 in the latest polls.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Illinois Republican Presidential Primary

Lousiana: I will admit this will probably be a Santorum big win with Gingrich in 2nd and Romney in 3rd. Nevertheless the latest poll shows Romney in the margin of error of Santorum! Maybe LS sees the electability issue for what it is. Little Rickie will get smoked!
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Louisiana Republican Presidential Primary

i'm still wondering how "electable" the Weird Mormon Robot is when he can't beat pathetic opponents like Gingrich and Santorum when outspending them 10-1, having the media do character assassination on them daily, and the full support of the GOP establishment.

It's like barely beating up the Chess Club Nerd and then going to challenge the Fullback of the Football team to a fight.

Incidently, I saw a bunch of Santorum signs out yesterday, and no Romney signs. (And I was looking forward to vandalizing the Romney Signs... sigh.)

Where he is vulnerable in the primaries will not matter in the generals. Romneycare has hurt him in with the Tea Party fiscal conservative base. No Romneycare, then Romney would have had this tied up in Feb!

However, Obama can't say look at his bad decision of Romneycare (that is because Obamacare is Romneycare on roids). That arguement leaves the table. His mormonism hurts him with another GOP base, the Evangelicals. They prefer a Christian non-mormon. Santorum fits that bill. However, that won't be an issue in the generals. They will support Romney well over Obama.

But Romney is staying afloate because of the independents that are voting. Independents are where general elections are won and lost. Santorum isn't going to win the independent vote, Romney will!

What is hurting him the primaries will be nonissues in the generals!

i'm still wondering how "electable" the Weird Mormon Robot is when he can't beat pathetic opponents like Gingrich and Santorum when outspending them 10-1, having the media do character assassination on them daily, and the full support of the GOP establishment.

It's like barely beating up the Chess Club Nerd and then going to challenge the Fullback of the Football team to a fight.

Incidently, I saw a bunch of Santorum signs out yesterday, and no Romney signs. (And I was looking forward to vandalizing the Romney Signs... sigh.)

How old are you, fifteen?

I wouldn't say having weak support from the base wont hurt him in the general. But then im not of the opinion that his support from the base is that weak. Otherwise, he wouldnt be winning the primary right now.

Where he is vulnerable in the primaries will not matter in the generals. Romneycare has hurt him in with the Tea Party fiscal conservative base. No Romneycare, then Romney would have had this tied up in Feb!

However, Obama can't say look at his bad decision of Romneycare (that is because Obamacare is Romneycare on roids). That arguement leaves the table. His mormonism hurts him with another GOP base, the Evangelicals. They prefer a Christian non-mormon. Santorum fits that bill. However, that won't be an issue in the generals. They will support Romney well over Obama.

But Romney is staying afloate because of the independents that are voting. Independents are where general elections are won and lost. Santorum isn't going to win the independent vote, Romney will!

What is hurting him the primaries will be nonissues in the generals!

You work on a whole lot of misconceptions here.

The first one is that independents are what's keeping Romney afloat. Bullshit. Independents don't care. They aren't interested. Participation in GOP primaries is DOWN from 2008.

What keeps the Mormon Robot afloat is that a lot of GOP voters want to get this over with and are sheep who will walk off a cliff. And really, Santorum and Gingrich really suck just as much.

The second misconception is that the Evangelicals are going to just eat shit and vote for the Mormon. Guy, I think you miscalculate. Religous arguments are more important to a lot of these people than political ones. Mormons are heretics who call their religion an 'abomination'. Now will some suck it up and vote for him? Probalby. Will some stay home, vote for a third party or maybe even for Obama. You Betcha.

Third, you miss where the RomneyCare thing hurts. It's not hurting Obama to talk about it, it's hurting Romney to NOT be able to talk about it. Most Americans want to get rid of the individual mandate. Something about it just doesn't sit right with them, even though most of them do the adult thing and get the insurance. But Romney can't argue it's a bad idea, because he imposed one as well, and the whole, "Gee, mine was a State Mandate" doesn't fly anywhere.

Fourth and finally, Romney's real problem is his lack of authenticity. There's no passion for him because he seems to be all calculation and no passion. Maybe you might show up to vote for him (again, I won't), but you won't drive to the rest home to drive Granny down to polling place, you won't spend the weekend of 3-5 November handing out flyers, etc. And Obama's folks will be doing that.

Forum List

Back