House GOP Declares War On Planned Parenthood Again

And, ALL those services, except for abortions, will be covered by Obamacare.

I thought it was being waived in its entirety on "Day One." Then defunded. Then repealed using reconciliation.

Has the GOP position on this radically changed recently and I just missed it?
The GOP position on that has ALWAYS to have it in line with the 1st Amendment of the Supreme Law of the Land.

Additionally, the LAW currently is that no public monies go to paying for abortion.

And, ALL those services, except for abortions, will be covered by Obamacare.

I thought it was being waived in its entirety on "Day One." Then defunded. Then repealed using reconciliation.

The GOP position on that has ALWAYS to have it in line with the 1st Amendment of the Supreme Law of the Land.

Additionally, the LAW currently is that no public monies go to paying for abortion.

"It" refers to Obamacare, the law the GOP plans to waive, defund, and repeal at the very moment they're eliminating funding for essential women's health services through the appropriations process.

Why are you claiming Obamacare will save us from their excesses when the second they have the power to advance their agenda, including eliminating funds for women's health, their rhetoric also demands that they destroy Obamacare?

Not a very subtle sleight of hand.

"It" refers to Obamacare, the law the GOP plans to waive, defund, and repeal at the very moment they're eliminating funding for essential women's health services through the appropriations process.

Why are you claiming Obamacare will save us from their excesses when the second they have the power to advance their agenda, including eliminating funds for women's health, their rhetoric also demands that they destroy Obamacare?

Not a very subtle sleight of hand.
1. IF Obamare care is repealed, THEN PP needs to get funding from the government like other non-profits do - through the competitive grant process, but that grant cannot be redundant.

2. a. IF Obamacare is NOT repealed, the rest of it must be in line with the 1st Amendment (ie. cannot force religious organizations to go againt their religion) AND defund a redundant service - PP. Additionally, if that is the case, at that point, the ONLY service PP will offer is abortion services, and it is illegal for government to fund such services.

b. IF PP offers services to persons employed by religious organizations who do not have BC paid for, then PP can go through the competitive grant process for much lower funding to offer those services to such employees.

All that seems quite fair to all concerned and quite easy/simple.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back