House GOP Declares War On Planned Parenthood Again

Women's Health

Breast exams, pap smears, tests for STI's - you are wrong. Admit it.

I'm not wrong, PP TALKS about those things, but PP doesn't DO those things.

They'll simply refer you to somebody else that DOES them.

PP does abortions, though. "Take a number, Miss, we'll be right with you."

So have you gone into a PP and asked them? Can you prove that they refer you?
Nope.
PP does not perform any of those services. He is right. They refer.

We'd be happy to - if people in favor of the death penalty would fund that, but they won't. Hypocrites.
Obamacare will cover exactly what PP currently covers. Thus, PP is redundant and a waste of money at that point.

Defund it. Defund ALL redundant programs.

You would prevent women from having breast exams, pap smears and getting contraceptive advice. In short, you want to screw women over.
Liar.

First of all, PP does not do any of those services.

Secondly ALL of that is covered with Obamacare.

Don't tell ME what I want and don't want. I know that far better than some hack from Australia. I am the world's foremost expert on me, my views, and my wants.

Simple. I do not want to pay twice for the same service.

And, I want PP to get grants like every other non-profit - through the competitive grant process.

And, since you seem quite uninformed about most of how things work here, it is a matter of LAW - the government cannot fund any abortions.

In the past 40 years, Planned Parenthood has done more to prevent abortions than all of the GOP legislation aimed at banning it

I thought, with the talking points about forcing responsibility on the citizens who refuse to purchase healthcare, that you dems would want to extend that entire philosophy to care for your own reproductive health too?

After all, why should the rest of us have to pay for abortion as birth control when they can just purchase their own birth control? In fact, we should force them to purchase their own birth control.

I'm all in favor of making women buy some form of birth control. If they don't, we can levy a tax...er....a fine...ah..no...hang on...I'll figure it out.....Oh, that is right, its a penalty......We can force them to buy birth control or issue a penalty to these woman through the IRS.

Obamacare will cover exactly what PP currently covers. Thus, PP is redundant and a waste of money at that point.

Defund it. Defund ALL redundant programs.

You would prevent women from having breast exams, pap smears and getting contraceptive advice. In short, you want to screw women over.
Liar.

Don't tell ME what I want and don't want. I know that far better than some hack from Australia. I am the world's foremost expert on me, my views, and my wants.

And, I want PP to get grants like every other non-profit - through the competitive grant process.

And, since you seem quite uninformed about most of how things work here, it is a matter of LAW - the government cannot fund any abortions.
Oh YES they do all of those services with their affiliate Heath Care centers.

Planned Parenthood health centers focus on prevention: 76 percent of our clients receive services to prevent unintended pregnancy.
Planned Parenthood services help prevent more than 584,000 unintended pregnancies each year.
Planned Parenthood provides nearly 770,000 Pap tests and nearly 750,000 breast exams each year, critical services in detecting cancer.

when the ACA is in full force then Planned Parenthood may not be needed. BUT THAT is somewhere down the road, and cuts should not be made until then.

Last edited:
By David Niose

When the Religious Right first rose to prominence in the 1980s, its main opposition came from those who were quick to argue that social conservatives had no monopoly on religion, that liberals and moderates could be religious too. While of course true, this approach proved largely ineffective, as the influence of religious fundamentalists has only seemed to grow with each election cycle.

In recent years, however, a new group of Americans has stepped forward to challenge the Christian Right. A secular movement, fueled by the country's millions of long-overlooked nonbelievers, represents a powerful and previously unseen opposition to the political agenda of religious conservatives.

More: David Niose: 9 Great Nonbelievers In U.S. History

Hopefully these Puritan Fundamentalist American Taliban lunatics won't be in power much longer.

Sorry Shitting Bull, come November I predict a solid majority in both houses and the White House.

Liar.

Planned Parenthood health centers focus on prevention: 76 percent of our clients receive services to prevent unintended pregnancy.
Planned Parenthood services help prevent more than 584,000 unintended pregnancies each year.
Planned Parenthood provides nearly 770,000 Pap tests and nearly 750,000 breast exams each year, critical services in detecting cancer.

when the ACA is in full force then Planned Parenthood may not be needed. BUT THAT is somewhere down the road, and cuts should not be made until then.

So when people screw without protection the pregnancy is now deemed unintended?

How stupid are these people?

Liar.

The word "affiliated" seems to confound you.

And, ALL those services, except for abortions, will be covered by Obamacare.

No paying twice for the same service - I am against that. And, why anyone else isn't, is stunning.

In the past 40 years, Planned Parenthood has done more to prevent abortions than all of the GOP legislation aimed at banning it
And most of your 'facts' are pulled out of your ass. :thup:

How many abortions have Republican intimidation and scare tactics prevented?

Planned Parenthood has been at the forefront of responsible parenting decisions providing free birth control, counselling and education

Planned parenthood prevents more abortions than Republicans do

Planned Parenthood has been at the forefront of responsible parenting decisions providing free birth control, counselling and education

Well, as abortions are legal, I'm unsure how Republicans have prevented them.

And, those services will be covered under Obamacare. PP has little need, except for their abortion services, to exist now. And, as a matter of LAW, government money cannot be spent to fund abortions.

Additionally, as a non-profit, they need to be required to compete competitively for government grants, just like every OTHER non-profit. They are not a government agency, pseudo or otherwise.

Liar.

No paying twice for the same service - I am against that. And, why anyone else isn't, is stunning.
I did revise my post to state that when Obama care is in force then Planned parenthood should be not be needed or funded.

but it is not in place yet and should NOT be cut, not yet.

Or do you think it should be cut before Obamacare services kick in?

I did revise my post to state that when Obama care is in force then Planned parenthood should be not be needed or funded.

but it is not in place yet and should NOT be cut, not yet.

Or do you think it should be cut before Obamacare services kick in?
No, not today, not next year; but Obamacare starts in 2014, that which covers this. And, the 2014 budget and appropriations discussions should start soon, if not already. So, it needs to be cut soon.

Like car model years - what you work on today won't take effect for another couple or few years.

^your opinion is typical of most anti choicers.

Nothing I've stated here is opinion, it's all facts. Sorry if you don't like it, but it is what it is...

Facts - as in stating that PP ONLY performs abortions, nothing else? You've been watching too many Lila Rose videos.

I've been to lots of PP offices and even worked with PP back before abortion became a national sport. PP does not give mammograms, but only referals. They do not give pelvic exams, do not prescribe birth control pills, just condoms. The COUNSELORS at PP will talk to you and give you a referral to a FREE CLINIC where these services are performed. The reason why PP cannot do any of these things is that they are not doctors, just counselors. PP can perform abortions because the abortions are not done by doctors. That's why so many states are trying to pass laws that only a doctor, a licensed doctor, can perform an abortion. It is also PPs complaint that the requirement of only having a doctor perform an abortion limits women's access to abortion.

By Laura Bassett

Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) released a labor, health and education spending bill on Tuesday that would defund Planned Parenthood and Title X, block the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, allow any employer to deny women birth control coverage under the ACA for "moral reasons" and increase spending for abstinence-only education.

Specifically, the bill prevents federal dollars from flowing to Planned Parenthood clinics until the family planning provider can certify that it no longer offers abortions, even though Planned Parenthood only uses federal money for non-abortion services.

The legislation also states that none of its funds can be used to carry out the Title X family planning program or be used to "implement, administer, enforce, or further the provisions" of the Affordable Care Act.

The bill scraps the provision in Obamacare that requires insurance plans to cover birth control and other preventative health services, allowing any issuer or sponsor of a group health insurance plan to refuse to cover any health care service "on the basis of religious beliefs or moral convictions." It also increases restrictions on educating abortion physicians beyond current law and allocates $20 million for "competitive grants to provide abstinence education to adolescents."

More: GOP Spending Bill Aims To Defund Planned Parenthood, Up Abstinence-Only Funds (UPDATE)

If planned parenthood is such a good business and does such a vital job how can they not sustain themselves without tax money like other medical offices?

We, as a country, can't afford to prop up this business...let planned parenthood thrive on its own merits, not as a result of tax money.

Liberals' other plan to expand the Democratic rolls has been to destroy the family.

Every time someone gets a divorce, Democrats think: We got a new Democratic voter! Every time a child is born out of wedlock: We got a new Democratic voter! And if the woman has an abortion -- we got a new Democratic voter!

According to recent polls, Obama has a negative job approval rating of 45 to 49 percent. The reason the polls are tied between Obama and Romney is that single women support Obama by a 2-to-1 margin. The Democrats' siren song to single women is: Don't worry, the government will be your husband.

Our prisons are overflowing with the results of the Democrats' experiment of subsidizing illegitimacy. Children raised by a single mothers commit 72 percent of juvenile murders, 60 percent of rapes, have 70 percent of teenaged births, commit 70 percent of suicides and are 70 percent of high school dropouts.

Ann Coulter - July 18, 2012 - DEMOCRATS' IDEAL VOTER: ILLEGAL ALIEN, SINGLE MOTHER, CONVICTED FELON

And, those services will be covered under Obamacare. PP has little need, except for their abortion services, to exist now. And, as a matter of LAW, government money cannot be spent to fund abortions.

Additionally, as a non-profit, they need to be required to compete competitively for government grants, just like every OTHER non-profit. They are not a government agency, pseudo or otherwise.

Will be? And you want to cut those services now?

Liberals' other plan to expand the Democratic rolls has been to destroy the family.

Every time someone gets a divorce, Democrats think: We got a new Democratic voter! Every time a child is born out of wedlock: We got a new Democratic voter! And if the woman has an abortion -- we got a new Democratic voter!

According to recent polls, Obama has a negative job approval rating of 45 to 49 percent. The reason the polls are tied between Obama and Romney is that single women support Obama by a 2-to-1 margin. The Democrats' siren song to single women is: Don't worry, the government will be your husband.

Our prisons are overflowing with the results of the Democrats' experiment of subsidizing illegitimacy. Children raised by a single mothers commit 72 percent of juvenile murders, 60 percent of rapes, have 70 percent of teenaged births, commit 70 percent of suicides and are 70 percent of high school dropouts.

Ann Coulter - July 18, 2012 - DEMOCRATS' IDEAL VOTER: ILLEGAL ALIEN, SINGLE MOTHER, CONVICTED FELON

Isn't the entire point of obama's "Julia" campaign to convince women that the government will be her husband?

Will be? And you want to cut those services now?
What the hell?

How the hell would someone defund government monies that were appropriated two years ago?

And, when Obamacare comes into effect for these services, that is 2014, which means the appropriations need to be ceased today.

That's how it works in DC. Appropriations today are two years out, like auto model years.

Forum List

Back