House dismisses resolution condemning Perry ranch

The House voted to set aside a privileged resolution aimed at condemning the stone on Perry's ranch offered earlier in the day by an impassioned Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL).

Earlier in the day, Jackson read his resolution on the floor. It called on the House to:

“Condemn Texas Governor Rick Perry for using a secluded West Texas hunting camp as a place to host lawmakers, friends and supporters on hunting trips at a place known by the name painted in block letters across a large, flat rock standing upright at its gated entrance called 'N*****head.'"

First Read - House dismisses resolution condemning Perry ranch

REALLY???? THIS is what our tax dollars are paying for? Can this asshat be fired or impeached for wasting tax payer dollars on nonsense like this?

I had a poll asking this very question about Obama and the democrats huge wasteful spending spree.

On topic, its insane the ammount of time and money that goes into fruitless pointless legislation like this. The people will decide what to do with Perry.

I'm not a fan of perry but how exactly does that make the stimulus a success

I agree with your S&P point, and the fact of the matter is that peoples disdain for that rating should not go along political persuasion

However, by no measures did the stimulus work. Saying oh it would have been much worse is not a measure... Things didn't get better therefore it did not work. Here comes the it wasn't big enough excuse which in itself is an admittance of failure

Exactly.

Obama and his team of advisers did not say "we THINK we have a handle on the economy anbd we THINK this may work.

No. They said (paraphrased)

"we know how to fix the economy and a stimulus of this amount will work. We have our top economists on it, and they all said this is what needs to be done"

And to now backtrack and say "the economy was worse than we thought" and "imagine how bad it would be without it" is disingenuous.

But I expect nothing less of this administraston.....one of excuses and spin.

Obama also said this...

"If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s gonna be a one term proposition."
Barack Obama, 2009

yeah....well...another one of his lies.

He is going to do his best to lead his sheep into believeing that unemployment is a good thing as it gives people time to be with their families...

or

He will say he meant Biden was going to be a one termer.

The House voted to set aside a privileged resolution aimed at condemning the stone on Perry's ranch offered earlier in the day by an impassioned Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL).

Earlier in the day, Jackson read his resolution on the floor. It called on the House to:

“Condemn Texas Governor Rick Perry for using a secluded West Texas hunting camp as a place to host lawmakers, friends and supporters on hunting trips at a place known by the name painted in block letters across a large, flat rock standing upright at its gated entrance called 'N*****head.'"

REALLY???? THIS is what our tax dollars are paying for? Can this asshat be fired or impeached for wasting tax payer dollars on nonsense like this?

I had a poll asking this very question about Obama and the democrats huge wasteful spending spree.

On topic, its insane the ammount of time and money that goes into fruitless pointless legislation like this. The people will decide what to do with Perry.

Jackson is no idiot.
He knew that most of the people will hear about the word on the stone and not hear anything else.

What Jackson did was eliminate Perry from the fray.....

Next we will hear about Cain and his childhood best friend who was caught masturbating in the locker room at high school.

did anyone bother to read this part of the story?

Perry's campaign has insisted in response that the word on the stone had been painted over in the early 1980s.

Yes...but thats irrelevant.
Perry is a racist......thats all that matters.
Jackson won...and we paid him to play his silly game.
Go figure.

What's going on with the Democrats? Come on,what a waste of taxpayer time and money. This is another example of cheap political dog & pony show nonsense. Time for the Democrats to get a life.

Jackson is no idiot.
He knew that most of the people will hear about the word on the stone and not hear anything else.

Next we will hear about Cain and his childhood best friend who was caught masturbating in the locker room at high school.
I did not get 'caught'... per say.

Jackson is no idiot.

I did not get 'caught'... per say.

no, you didnt get caught....but we all knew what you were doing.

Exactly.

Obama and his team of advisers did not say "we THINK we have a handle on the economy anbd we THINK this may work.

No. They said (paraphrased)

"we know how to fix the economy and a stimulus of this amount will work. We have our top economists on it, and they all said this is what needs to be done"

And to now backtrack and say "the economy was worse than we thought" and "imagine how bad it would be without it" is disingenuous.

But I expect nothing less of this administraston.....one of excuses and spin.

Obama also said this...

"If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s gonna be a one term proposition."
Barack Obama, 2009

yeah....well...another one of his lies.

He is going to do his best to lead his sheep into believeing that unemployment is a good thing as it gives people time to be with their families...

or

He will say he meant Biden was going to be a one termer.

That Biden one made me laugh, he would play that off. I mean not really but it could be a good intro to SNL but they would never do that.

Forum List

Back