House Democrats Plan Vote to Criminalize Private Gun Sales

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
House Democrats Plan Vote to Criminalize Private Gun Sales This Week

i'm all for reviewing laws and changes that we know would affect events that have happened. this does nothing of the sort. it means if i sell my gun to my brother, i'm a criminal if i don't do a background check.

fine. i'll give it to him. problem solved.

but you can't name a single mass shooting where the gun was obtained in this manner. yet, this is what we're after.

Knee jerk reactions get us nowhere.
Like banning bumpstocks. Gee, ill just use a rubber band now :dunno:
Imbeciles

i'm all for reviewing laws and changes that we know would affect events that have happened. this does nothing of the sort. it means if i sell my gun to my brother, i'm a criminal if i don't do a background check.

but you can't name a single mass shooting where the gun was obtained in this manner. yet, this is what we're after.

Mass shootings get the headlines but aren't the real problem. It's the daily shootings that occur with handguns.

Background checks of all sales even between private parties makes a lot of sense.

If over 20k laws wont stop urban shootouts, what will?
Certainly not your statism!

Mass shootings get the headlines but aren't the real problem. It's the daily shootings that occur with handguns.

Background checks of all sales even between private parties makes a lot of sense.
then please show me the amount of people killed by guns bought in this manner.

keep in mind that people who sell multiple guns under this "loophole" are already breaking the law. but instead of going after them we simply change a law they've already shown they don't about.

makes zero sense and is a huge reason why the right says FOAD when the left demands changes and "common sense".

common sense says to use a flyswatter to kill a fly. not tell it to go away in yet another language.

And you think most of those follow laws now?

I can just see it, “oh, wait, I need to do a background check on you before I sell you this black market gun...”. Lol

then please show me the amount of people killed by guns bought in this manner.

keep in mind that people who sell multiple guns under this "loophole" are already breaking the law. but instead of going after them we simply change a law they've already shown they don't about.

makes zero sense and is a huge reason why the right says FOAD when the left demands changes and "common sense".

common sense says to use a flyswatter to kill a fly. not tell it to go away in yet another language.

Please show me why requiring background checks for all gun sales is a bad thing.

/----/ It will go nowhere. democRATs playing to the base - just like the 60 votes to repeal Obozocare by the GOP. All hat - no cattle.

I can just see it, “oh, wait, I need to do a background check on you before I sell you this black market gun...”. Lol

No one said this will fix all issues. No single law does. But otherwise really good job of thinking things through Jethro.

I think the Texas church mass shooter acquired his weapon by private sale or through a family member, but I'm not 100% on that. This is a guy with a history of criminal domestic abuse, restraining orders, and treatment for mental disorders. He should never have been able to acquire any weapon legally. If he did, I'm all for closing any loophole that allows anyone with a history of domestic violence from ever acquiring a gun, long, short or in-between.

Virtually all recent male mass shooters who had been married or in domestic partnerships, had a history of abuse and violence against their partners. That includes the Vegas shooter, the Texas church shooter, the guy who attacked the Republican baseball game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...21ef7165923_story.html?utm_term=.9626d49ae4c4

Not to mention the additional dangers domestic abusers pose to the partners and children if they own a gun:

Domestic Violence & Firearms | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Some jurisdictions have laws in place, but court cases aren't entered into data bases, so these guys slide through. There are many reasonable gun control laws on the books that could and would save lives, if the law enforcement data bases were kept up to date and correct, and all buyers and sellers were using them.

Another experiment in futility....this is fun to watch. Letting ALL these middle America voters know where they stand,the FAR FAR left.

The problem is criminals will not follow any law they don’t have to. Think, Jethro.

No one said this will fix all issues. No single law does. But otherwise really good job of thinking things through Jethro.

Your title is not true.

The democrats voted to require background checks on all weapon sales.

No one criminalized private gun sales. As long as you get that background check you're not a criminal.

A few years ago the same issue was on the ballot in my state.

It passed with a very good margin. I voted in the majority.

A background check on all weapon sales including private sales has been required in my state for several years now. It's easy to do and it helps keep weapons out of the hands of crazy people.

I swear, you gun people will lie and do anything to prevent any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons. You're the reason why crazy people are able to get weapons to kill innocent people. You refuse to accept any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons. If you're a criminal or mentally unstable I can see why you wouldn't want any background checks. Which that's the only reason I can see why you people are so afraid and against any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons.

Your title is not true.

No one criminalized private gun sales. As long as you get that background check you're not a criminal.

A background check on all weapon sales including private sales has been required in my state for several years now. It's easy to do and it helps keep weapons out of the hands of crazy people.

How is the citizenry accessing NICS in your state?

Your title is not true.

I swear, you gun people will lie and do anything to prevent any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons. You're the reason why crazy people are able to get weapons to kill innocent people. You refuse to accept any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons. If you're a criminal or mentally unstable I can see why you wouldn't want any background checks. Which that's the only reason I can see why you people are so afraid and against any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons.
i didn't have fuck shit to do with the title assholio - its from the story itself. go bitch at them.

also - right now i can sell my neighbor my ruger 10/22 and all good. if they pass this, i must take him to a pawn shop and pay $25 for a background check or i'm a criminal.

you really are totally void of facts and totally full of shit.

The problem is criminals will not follow any law they don’t have to. Think, Jethro.

LOL, the old "criminals don't follow laws" tired argument.

So tell me, how did every other first world nation manage to weed criminals out of their societies? No criminals to be found apparently. How do you think they did that?

What a load of shit.

Universal background checks is not "criminalizing gun sales"

WHy the hell do you WANT secret gun sales anyway?

Your title is not true.

i didn't have fuck shit to do with the title assholio - its from the story itself. go bitch at them.

also - right now i can sell my neighbor my ruger 10/22 and all good. if they pass this, i must take him to a pawn shop and pay $25 for a background check or i'm a criminal.

you really are totally void of facts and totally full of shit.

This is what happens when you use Breitbart as a source of information.

Forum List

Back