House Democrats Plan Vote to Criminalize Private Gun Sales

The problem is criminals will not follow any law they don’t have to. Think, Jethro.
And you think most of those follow laws now?

I can just see it, “oh, wait, I need to do a background check on you before I sell you this black market gun...”. Lol
House Democrats Plan Vote to Criminalize Private Gun Sales This Week

i'm all for reviewing laws and changes that we know would affect events that have happened. this does nothing of the sort. it means if i sell my gun to my brother, i'm a criminal if i don't do a background check.

fine. i'll give it to him. problem solved.

but you can't name a single mass shooting where the gun was obtained in this manner. yet, this is what we're after.

Mass shootings get the headlines but aren't the real problem. It's the daily shootings that occur with handguns.

Background checks of all sales even between private parties makes a lot of sense.

No one said this will fix all issues. No single law does. But otherwise really good job of thinking things through Jethro.

LOL, the old "criminals don't follow laws" tired argument.

So tell me, how did every other first world nation manage to weed criminals out of their societies?

When common sense reigned, they killed them. Now, they collect them for awhile, then set them free.

What a load of shit.

Universal background checks is not "criminalizing gun sales"

WHy the hell do you WANT secret gun sales anyway?

The question YOU should ask is - Why do you want the government involved in every aspect of your life?

i'm all for reviewing laws and changes that we know would affect events that have happened. this does nothing of the sort. it means if i sell my gun to my brother, i'm a criminal if i don't do a background check.

but you can't name a single mass shooting where the gun was obtained in this manner. yet, this is what we're after.

I think the Texas church mass shooter acquired his weapon by private sale or through a family member, but I'm not 100% on that. This is a guy with a history of criminal domestic abuse, restraining orders, and treatment for mental disorders. He should never have been able to acquire any weapon legally. If he did, I'm all for closing any loophole that allows anyone with a history of domestic violence from ever acquiring a gun, long, short or in-between.

Virtually all recent male mass shooters who had been married or in domestic partnerships, had a history of abuse and violence against their partners. That includes the Vegas shooter, the Texas church shooter, the guy who attacked the Republican baseball game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...21ef7165923_story.html?utm_term=.9626d49ae4c4

Not to mention the additional dangers domestic abusers pose to the partners and children if they own a gun:

Domestic Violence & Firearms | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Some jurisdictions have laws in place, but court cases aren't entered into data bases, so these guys slide through. There are many reasonable gun control laws on the books that could and would save lives, if the law enforcement data bases were kept up to date and correct, and all buyers and sellers were using them.

No, he bought his firearm legally, because the military didn't submit his court-martial to NCIS.

Your title is not true.

The democrats voted to require background checks on all weapon sales.

No one criminalized private gun sales. As long as you get that background check you're not a criminal.

A few years ago the same issue was on the ballot in my state.

It passed with a very good margin. I voted in the majority.

A background check on all weapon sales including private sales has been required in my state for several years now. It's easy to do and it helps keep weapons out of the hands of crazy people.

I swear, you gun people will lie and do anything to prevent any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons. You're the reason why crazy people are able to get weapons to kill innocent people. You refuse to accept any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons. If you're a criminal or mentally unstable I can see why you wouldn't want any background checks. Which that's the only reason I can see why you people are so afraid and against any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons.
i didn't have fuck shit to do with the title assholio - its from the story itself. go bitch at them.

also - right now i can sell my neighbor my ruger 10/22 and all good. if they pass this, i must take him to a pawn shop and pay $25 for a background check or i'm a criminal.

you really are totally void of facts and totally full of shit.
So what? Make your neighbor pay the $25 -- it will just be part of the price of owning a gun. Forgive me for not feeling terribly sorry for you.

What a load of shit.

The question YOU should ask is - Why do you want the government involved in every aspect of your life?
I want the people who are selling guns illegally to criminals to be held accountable, and that can't happen until we have a law that they aren't following.

I could be wrong, but I think columbine shooters got their guns that way. Long time ago so I don’t remember. But it’s your solution, just give the fun to your brother. How will they even know a transfer took place? This is an attempt at gun registration. Looks like the Nazis are starting to hurry.

Knee jerk reactions get us nowhere.
Like banning bumpstocks. Gee, ill just use a rubber band now :dunno:
Imbeciles
Yes most non gunners fail to understand to make a gun bump fire all you need is your finger and fouard pressure on the gun

Your title is not true.

No one criminalized private gun sales. As long as you get that background check you're not a criminal.

A background check on all weapon sales including private sales has been required in my state for several years now. It's easy to do and it helps keep weapons out of the hands of crazy people.

I swear, you gun people will lie and do anything to prevent any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons. You're the reason why crazy people are able to get weapons to kill innocent people. You refuse to accept any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons. If you're a criminal or mentally unstable I can see why you wouldn't want any background checks. Which that's the only reason I can see why you people are so afraid and against any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons.

you want background checks to work?

prosecute those that falsify them.

Former Senator Ayotte brought that up years ago.

Most people trying to buy a gun illegally are never prosecuted, U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte says

What a load of shit.

I want the people who are selling guns illegally to criminals to be held accountable, and that can't happen until we have a law that they aren't following.
Your a idiot

What a load of shit.

Until we have a law they aren't following? WTF.

What a load of shit.

Kill the bad guys, and that market will dry up.

Your title is not true.

i didn't have fuck shit to do with the title assholio - its from the story itself. go bitch at them.

also - right now i can sell my neighbor my ruger 10/22 and all good. if they pass this, i must take him to a pawn shop and pay $25 for a background check or i'm a criminal.

So what? Make your neighbor pay the $25 -- it will just be part of the price of owning a gun. Forgive me for not feeling terribly sorry for you.
fine - except that was never really my point.

tell me how this change in our laws will reduce any gun violence it is touted to reduce. also - in the bigger picture i simply trust NO ONE who's openly said they ARE coming for guns.

What a load of shit.

and that can't happen until we have a law that they aren't following.

Don't you mean, ANOTHER law they aren't following?

What a load of shit.

a person selling a gun to his neighbor is not a criminal.

a person selling multiple guns anywhere they can using this "loophole" is ALREADY breaking the law.

try punishing them under current laws, not bring in more that we won't enforce either.

we have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States.

What a load of shit.

Your a idiot
I am far from a grammar nazi but the irony is hilarious.
Its youre or you are. Your shows posession.

Your title is not true.

You statists hate poor people.

Post Crime Rating: Medium

Crime Threats

Historically, crime rates throughout Germany have been comparable to those in most first-world countries, including the U.S., and comparative analysis of crime data for the U.S. and Germany reveals only marginal differences. The Bundeskriminalamt’s (BKA) 2014 Police Crime Statistics for Germany indicated only minor changes in the number of most of the recorded offenses over 2013. There were, however, some exceptions. Most notably there was a seven percent increase in bicycle theft and a 16 percent increase in the number of pickpocket cases reported. There were also marked increases in the various categories related to credit card fraud. While the 2014 statistics (the latest available) for Germany are of interest, they fail to capture any effect that the approximately one million refugees and asylum seekers who arrived in country in 2015 may have had on crime.

According to the very latest available statistics for Berlin, specifically the first quarter of 2015, there were significant increases in a number of crime categories over 2014. These increases included: drug related crime 19 percent; pickpocketing 24 percent; homicide 33 percent; and burglary 43 percent. Although more recent statistics have yet to be made available, police report there were significant increases in some crimes such as burglary and pickpocketing Berlin in 2015 compared to 2014.
https://www.osac.gov/Pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=19030
The problem is criminals will not follow any law they don’t have to. Think, Jethro.
And you think most of those follow laws now?

I can just see it, “oh, wait, I need to do a background check on you before I sell you this black market gun...”. Lol

Mass shootings get the headlines but aren't the real problem. It's the daily shootings that occur with handguns.

Background checks of all sales even between private parties makes a lot of sense.

No one said this will fix all issues. No single law does. But otherwise really good job of thinking things through Jethro.

LOL, the old "criminals don't follow laws" tired argument.

So tell me, how did every other first world nation manage to weed criminals out of their societies? No criminals to be found apparently. How do you think they did that?

What a load of shit.

People who sell illegal guns to criminals dont keep records or obey the law to start with dumb dumb

Forum List

Back