House Approves Bill to Lift Drilling Moratorium

Jobs for who? Americans or other countries workers?

I have heard of one certain US worker on deepwater horizon's rig in the gulf.

China and India's demand for oil will grow offsetting any production increase we might have.
How many oil leases not under the ban do oil companies have now that they are NOT drilling on?

But keep on dreaming folks.

Last edited:

China and India's demand for oil will grow offsetting any production increase we might have.
How many oil leases not under the ban do oil companies have now that they are NOT drilling on?

So your answer is we do nothing b/c things will change and life isn't perfect.

awesome

fyi; we also get to collect taxes on any oil produced.

each state should have the ability to govern what happens off of their shorelines.....if the State sdoes not want drilling, such as florida, then the fed should not have the authority to over rule it, in my humble opinion.

Jobs will be created not just doing the drilling but also support.
Increase demand without increase supply will make prices jump even more. We need to produce as much as we can.
Leases don't do any good without permits

each state should have the ability to govern what happens off of their shorelines.....if the State does not want drilling, such as florida, then the fed should not have the authority to over rule it, in my humble opinion.

I don't have a problem with states controlling their own waters. In the Gulf State waters extend 9 miles out. On the Atlantic side State waters extend out 3 miles.

drill or don't drill....

oil prices will NOT drop by us drilling....oil is on a global market and follows global trends....

the oil drilled off our shore could be sold to foreign countries, there is nothing that governs this and prevents this from happening...so let's just be CLEAR on that part of it too....

drill or don't drill....

oil prices will NOT drop by us drilling....oil is on a global market and follows global trends....

the oil drilled off our shore could be sold to foreign countries, there is nothing that governs this and prevents this from happening...so let's just be CLEAR on that part of it too....

Libs have been saying this for years, yet everytime OPEC increases production prices come down. Explain that.

drill or don't drill....

Libs have been saying this for years, yet everytime OPEC increases production prices come down. Explain that.

we don't compare to opec, we only have 3% of the entire world's oil reserves...opec has alot more, and they DO and CAN affect the price of oil with their supplies driven up or down.

Please show me where and when, MEGA OIL FINDS throughout the world, when found or when drilled, it actually lowered the price of oil? You can't show it, so don't bother researching it...(unless you want to :) )....

I would love to buy in to it lowering the price of our oil....but it won't... :(

this does not necessarily mean I am against the drilling for more oil here in the USA...I just KNOW it will not lower the price of our oil and using this as a means to get others to agree with more off shore drilling, is disingenuous imho.

each state should have the ability to govern what happens off of their shorelines.....if the State does not want drilling, such as florida, then the fed should not have the authority to over rule it, in my humble opinion.

I don't have a problem with states controlling their own waters. In the Gulf State waters extend 9 miles out. On the Atlantic side State waters extend out 3 miles.

I don't think states should be subjected to the risk of having off-shore drilling close to their states, if the citizens don't want it. If a state votes and they want to allow it-I have absolutely no problem with it. But states that don't, I think whether it's technically legal or not, it should not be done. And I may be wrong, but while it's currently "legal", I'd like to see it challenged in the supreme court-I don't think there's any mention to government federally owned waters? Therefore it would automatically be a states issue-but again I'm not 100% on that.

drill or don't drill....

we don't compare to opec, we only have 3% of the entire world's oil reserves...opec has alot more, and they DO and CAN affect the price of oil with their supplies driven up or down.

Please show me where and when, MEGA OIL FINDS throughout the world, when found or when drilled, it actually lowered the price of oil? You can't show it, so don't bother researching it...(unless you want to :) )....

I would love to buy in to it lowering the price of our oil....but it won't... :(

this does not necessarily mean I am against the drilling for more oil here in the USA...I just KNOW it will not lower the price of our oil and using this as a means to get others to agree with more off shore drilling, is disingenuous imho.

You make a lot of statements as fact without any proof.
How do you know how much oil there is in the US?

I don't think states should be subjected to the risk of having off-shore drilling close to their states, if the citizens don't want it. If a state votes and they want to allow it-I have absolutely no problem with it. But states that don't, I think whether it's technically legal or not, it should not be done. And I may be wrong, but while it's currently "legal", I'd like to see it challenged in the supreme court-I don't think there's any mention to government federally owned waters? Therefore it would automatically be a states issue-but again I'm not 100% on that.

Not me, I think we should all carry the burdon of our addiction to oil. Those selfish states that want to keep their beaches pristine should have to pay an excise tax to the states that produce the oil. I mean everyone should be able to enjoy the beaches like we have in La. and Tx, all across the USA.

Okay I'm kidding........

The answer is in compromise. Who better than President Obama to make a compromise?

Not me, I think we should all carry the burdon of our addiction to oil. Those selfish states that want to keep their beaches pristine should have to pay an excise tax to the states that produce the oil. I mean everyone should be able to enjoy the beaches like we have in La. and Tx, all across the USA.

Okay I'm kidding........

The answer is in compromise. Who better than President Obama to make a compromise?

I agree that we need a compromise. And I think any state that wants to allow offshore drilling-should absolutely be allowed to do so. Maybe give those states an extra tax cut-I'd be ok with that. States that don't want offshore drilling, don't have to have it-but don't get the benefit either.

I will say as a sidenote (a little off topic here)-Florida's already a state that's a donor state, and we give our tax money to other states already. So in my opinion the other states that want us to drill off our shore, and put our economy at risk (our economy is based on tourism, oilly beaches=no tourists), yet willingly accept our tax dollars-are the ones who would be "selfish". Just a pet-peeve of mine haha.

If my state voted to allow offshore drilling, I would reluctantly say we should allow it.

drill or don't drill....

The Republican mantra “Drill, Baby Drill” which was used during the 2008 Presidential campaign while US consumers were seeing escalating prices of crude oil and gas prices at the pump, is nothing but misdirection, because the oil would not be used in the United States, it would be sold onto the world market.

The Republicans have voted several times to keep US oil out of the cars of US consumers.

The right wing wants you to believe that if we drill for more oil on US lands and US seas, consumers in the United States would see prices drop at the pump. Well, that is a fallacy, and the Republicans know that.

In 2005, former President George W. Bush and the Republican controlled congress were pushing for oil drilling in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), the Democrats back then offered Bush and the Republicans no opposition to drilling if they would guarantee that the oil drilled in Alaska would stay in the United States for US consumers.And of course the Republicans said no. No to US consumers, and yes to foreign consumers.

Daily Kos: House Republicans vote to keep gas prices high

You make a lot of statements as fact without any proof.
How do you know how much oil there is in the US?

I think Care4 is spot on.

Geophyisics?

I've been pretty close to one my entire life, and he tells me we've tapped out of most of the Cheap Oil here in the US. To be sure there is more than is estimated, but we'll have to drill deeper. And that's not cheap. So the international oil companies are using the least expensive oil they can. SOS since the late 60's.

drill or don't drill....

That's not how markets work, Dear

Stop believing the bullshit spewed by EnviroMarxists

drill or don't drill....

The Republican mantra “Drill, Baby Drill” which was used during the 2008 Presidential campaign while US consumers were seeing escalating prices of crude oil and gas prices at the pump, is nothing but misdirection, because the oil would not be used in the United States, it would be sold onto the world market.

The Republicans have voted several times to keep US oil out of the cars of US consumers.

The right wing wants you to believe that if we drill for more oil on US lands and US seas, consumers in the United States would see prices drop at the pump. Well, that is a fallacy, and the Republicans know that.

In 2005, former President George W. Bush and the Republican controlled congress were pushing for oil drilling in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), the Democrats back then offered Bush and the Republicans no opposition to drilling if they would guarantee that the oil drilled in Alaska would stay in the United States for US consumers.And of course the Republicans said no. No to US consumers, and yes to foreign consumers.

It is called the WORLD oil supply for a reason. As the demand continues to increase in China and India, prices will continue to rise because of supply/demand. Any input to the WORLD oil supply will increase supply which lowers the price. Econ 101, not Daily Kos propaganda.

drill or don't drill....

It is called the WORLD oil supply for a reason. As the demand continues to increase in China and India, prices will continue to rise because of supply/demand. Any input to the WORLD oil supply will increase supply which lowers the price. Econ 101, not Daily Kos propaganda.

So by the time we hit some producers, drill here drill now will not have any effect the price on the world market(except a reactionary bump from the speculators) for several years and even after they come online, due to rising demand might not offset the increase in demand from this country.

So by the time we hit some producers, drill here drill now will not have any effect the price on the world market(except a reactionary bump from the speculators) for several years and even after they come online, due to rising demand might not offset the increase in demand from this country.

Yeah, that's what they said 30 years ago. If we would have ignored the EnviroNazis, we wouldn't be having this retarded-ass discussion.

Forum List

Back