Hot Water Heater Help {or HWHH}

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
My pilot light keeps going out in my water heater. I relight it, and we have hot water for a bit, then it goes out again. I DO NOT want to pay someone to come out and look at it if possible, and wonder if any of you "handy men" have any ideas on how I can fix it.

Thanks!

My pilot light keeps going out in my water heater. I relight it, and we have hot water for a bit, then it goes out again. I DO NOT want to pay someone to come out and look at it if possible, and wonder if any of you "handy men" have any ideas on how I can fix it.

Thanks!

if it keeps going out, you probably have a bad thermocouple.

happened to me a couple of months ago.

YOU REALLY, REALLY DON"T WANT TO TRY TO FIX GAS APPLIANCES BY YOURSELF.

plus, it's a pretty cheap part.

Gas regulator could be bad on HWH... I just replaced mine; same damn problem last Wednesday. Have gas co. check the gas meter too.. could be a bad diaphram in there as well.

If you have a gas stove, fire it up and see if it screws up HWH. If so, probably a bad meter.

Last edited:
Have somebody who knows what they are doing look at it.

Or take a chance..

coyote-5.jpg

Video of Echo changing her thermocouple

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a0v-9eNHS0[/ame]

(Mountain man commenting)

So, how goes the battle?

BTW....It's a COLD water heater...If the water is already hot, you wouldn't need to heat it. :D

Thanks. I called the maintance guy at the condo place today to have him come look and make sure it wasn't something THEY could fix first before I pay $$ out of MY own pocket.

OF COURSE, he hasn't returned my call................:mad:

Thanks!

possibly the regulator.

I wouldn't know about gas appliances. For hot water we just boil the water outside over a large fire. We do a large amount twice a year for baths,

You might have a bad thermocouple. This means of course the Pilot is cheating and is a bastardo!

Forum List

Back