HOOK AND DRAW! Understanding the 21' Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
]

A real live keyboard warrior!

49 is a little old to be turning tricks ain't it?
huh_zps297f809f.png

You couldn't afford me, so don't even try. :cool:

]
Well, her brothers hung your pa for stealin' whiskey and card cheatin'.

Cantankerous lot.

Hangin didn't take...my pa held his breath until the uncles were gone and chewed the rope till he dropped down safe. He didn't steal no whiskey, Ma drank it all during one of her spells in the back of the Hudson Hornet. As to the card cheating charge...hey, some decks come with 5 deuces...what can I say? :rolleyes-41:

]
Well, her brothers hung your pa for stealin' whiskey and card cheatin'.

Cantankerous lot.

Hangin didn't take...my pa held his breath until the uncles were gone and chewed the rope till he dropped down safe. He didn't steal no whiskey, Ma drank it all during one of her spells in the back of the Hudson Hornet. As to the card cheating charge...hey, some decks come with 5 deuces...what can I say? :rolleyes-41:
Ma always said, "A hung man is good to find".

:lol: Hey, some of us "fake Marines" have a little nest egg...what are we talking here, $6 maybe $7?

Your entire disability check wouldn't cover it.
I'll pay the fee, whatever it is, if you will throw a mercy-fuck to Judicial Review.

But you gotta fake it a bit, don't let him know it is on me.

You don't have enough money either, considering I wouldn't touch any of you with someone else's.

:lol: Hey, some of us "fake Marines" have a little nest egg...what are we talking here, $6 maybe $7?

Your entire disability check wouldn't cover it.
I'll pay the fee, whatever it is, if you will throw a mercy-fuck to Judicial Review.

But you gotta fake it a bit, don't let him know it is on me.

You don't have enough money either, considering I wouldn't touch any of you with someone else's.
It's for JR, not me.

Ma always said, "A hung man is good to find".

She was nice to me until she came back from that one stretch in prison.
I told puttin' 150,000 miles on her truck and shootin' up all her bullets was gonna piss her off.

Hey, I had wimmens to see and irate husbands to deal with....not my fault I had the babe-magnet turned up full blast back then.
Ma said you were the pretty one.

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight? Hmmmmm.....

Once he perceives a signal to do so, the AVERAGE officer requires 1.5 seconds to draw from a snapped Level II holster and fire one unsighted round at center mass. Add 1/4 of a second for firing a second round, and another 1/10 of a second for obtaining a flash sight picture for the average officer.

The fastest officer tested required 1.31 seconds to draw from a Level II holster and get off his first unsighted round.The slowest officer tested required 2.25 seconds.

For the average officer to draw and fire an unsighted round from a snapped Level III holster, which is becoming increasingly popular in LE because of its extra security features, takes 1.7 seconds.

Meanwhile, the AVERAGE suspect with an edged weapon raised in the traditional "ice-pick" position can go from a dead stop to level, unobstructed surface offering good traction in 1.5-1.7 seconds.

The "fastest, most skillful, most powerful" subject FSRC tested "easily" covered that distance in 1.27 seconds. Intense rage, high agitation and/or the influence of stimulants may even shorten that time, Lewinski observes.

Even the slowest subject "lumbered" through this distance in just 2.5 seconds.

Bottom line: Within a 21-foot perimeter, most officers dealing with most edged-weapon suspects are at a decided - perhaps fatal - disadvantage if the suspect launches a sudden charge intent on harming them. "Certainly it is not safe to have your gun in your holster at this distance," Lewinski says, and firing in hopes of stopping an activated attack within this range may well be justified.

Edged Weapon Defense Is or was the 21-foot rule valid Part 1

Made this very point back in a thread showing some guy holding two assault rifles. Made the point a trained knife-fighter could easily take him out before he could even raise his weapons.

Made this very point back in a thread showing some guy holding two assault rifles. Made the point a trained knife-fighter could easily take him out before he could even raise his weapons.

Why would a guy be holding two assault rifles?

This thread is now entering the Twilight Zone. :uhoh3:

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight? Hmmmmm.....

Once he perceives a signal to do so, the AVERAGE officer requires 1.5 seconds to draw from a snapped Level II holster and fire one unsighted round at center mass. Add 1/4 of a second for firing a second round, and another 1/10 of a second for obtaining a flash sight picture for the average officer.

The fastest officer tested required 1.31 seconds to draw from a Level II holster and get off his first unsighted round.The slowest officer tested required 2.25 seconds.

For the average officer to draw and fire an unsighted round from a snapped Level III holster, which is becoming increasingly popular in LE because of its extra security features, takes 1.7 seconds.

Meanwhile, the AVERAGE suspect with an edged weapon raised in the traditional "ice-pick" position can go from a dead stop to level, unobstructed surface offering good traction in 1.5-1.7 seconds.

The "fastest, most skillful, most powerful" subject FSRC tested "easily" covered that distance in 1.27 seconds. Intense rage, high agitation and/or the influence of stimulants may even shorten that time, Lewinski observes.

Even the slowest subject "lumbered" through this distance in just 2.5 seconds.

Bottom line: Within a 21-foot perimeter, most officers dealing with most edged-weapon suspects are at a decided - perhaps fatal - disadvantage if the suspect launches a sudden charge intent on harming them. "Certainly it is not safe to have your gun in your holster at this distance," Lewinski says, and firing in hopes of stopping an activated attack within this range may well be justified.

Edged Weapon Defense Is or was the 21-foot rule valid Part 1

Peaceable though they look, our uncles could gut a man like a trout before he could blink.

Confederate%20Soldiers%20at%20Gettysburg.jpg

Why would a guy be holding two assault rifles?

This thread is now entering the Twilight Zone. :uhoh3:

Good question. Hard enough raising one in response to a point-blank threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back