Honky Wanna Cracker? Examining the Myth of “Reverse Racism”

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
very insightful

"As a white person, I always saw the terms honky or cracker as proof of how much more potent white racism was than any variation practiced by the black or brown. When a group of people has little or no power over you, they don’t get to define the terms of your existence, they can’t limit your opportunities, and you needn’t worry much about the use of a slur to describe you, since, in all likelihood, the slur is as far as it’s going to go. What are they going to do next: deny you a bank loan? Yeah, right. So whereas the n-word is a term used by whites to dehumanize blacks, to “put them in their place” if you will, the same cannot be said of honky; after all, you can’t put white people in their place when they own the place to begin with."

Tim Wise Honky Wanna Cracker Examining the Myth of 8220 Reverse Racism 8221

very insightful

"As a white person, I always saw the terms honky or cracker as proof of how much more potent white racism was than any variation practiced by the black or brown. When a group of people has little or no power over you, they don’t get to define the terms of your existence, they can’t limit your opportunities, and you needn’t worry much about the use of a slur to describe you, since, in all likelihood, the slur is as far as it’s going to go. What are they going to do next: deny you a bank loan? Yeah, right. So whereas the n-word is a term used by whites to dehumanize blacks, to “put them in their place” if you will, the same cannot be said of honky; after all, you can’t put white people in their place when they own the place to begin with."

"the n-word is a term used by whites to dehumanize blacks,"...then why do blacks use the term? To dehumanize themselves?

Tim Wise is a moron. Are you two related by chance?

very insightful

"the n-word is a term used by whites to dehumanize blacks,"...then why do blacks use the term? To dehumanize themselves?

Tim Wise is a moron. Are you two related by chance?

very insightful

I've never been offended by the term honky or cracker. My only response can be....Is that the best you got?

I think power has a lot to do with it. If someone at a lower social strata is calling you names it has little impact

Forum List

Back