Homosexuals should not be accepted into U.S. military forces.

We've heard about every argument thare can be both for and against DADT.

DADT was considered a gift to gay people when it was initiated. Now they want special treatment. And yes if they are permitted to serve openly there will be special treatment. When we did away with the WAC and incorporated women into the regular army there was special treatment. With gays there will be even more.

Sorry, I still find it totally unacceptable. I am glad to be retired. But I will still support the numerous Veterans organizations regardless. And I will still continue to do volunteer work at the clinic.

But ending DADT is still a mistake.

DADT was considered a gift to gay people when it was initiated. Now they want special treatment. And yes if they are permitted to serve openly there will be special treatment. When we did away with the WAC and incorporated women into the regular army there was special treatment. With gays there will be even more.

Sorry, I still find it totally unacceptable. I am glad to be retired. But I will still support the numerous Veterans organizations regardless. And I will still continue to do volunteer work at the clinic.

Well Ollie, I respect your opinion.
But all you offer is opinion.
The facts prove you wrong on this one.

The Pentagon and the United states government will be making a big mistake by allowing openly flamboyent homosexuals to serve in United States military forces.
Homosexuality in and of itself is a immoral criminal act.
The United States forces reputation will be tarnished globally by way of accepting homosexuals into their ranks. It is a big mistake. Countries where homosexuality is illegal can now look to bar U.S. military homosexual throops from their soil.

Sorry, partner, but this thread is wrong on so many levels that I have to comment.

First of all, I've served with soldiers who turned out to be homosexual. These were men who served the nation honorably with great distinction. They served during a time before DADT, and the rest of team kept it quiet within the team. In other words, nobody cared. All that mattered is that these men did their jobs and looked out after their fellow soldier.

Second of all, get off your high horse about morality. This naive statement tells me that you never walked in the woods in the dark of night with the Devil at your side. Otherwise, you'd know that morality in the military is nothing more than a bunch of kumbaya bullshit advertised for PR purposes.

Combat is the most immoral thing a man will ever do. War is man's brutality in its purest, ugliest form. If you've never experienced it, then you are in no position to say shit about what is and what isn't moral. Men holding hands doesn't compare to carving out someone's guts with your K-bar.

You just haven't been there, son.

I haven't been there either but my Dad, who we lost last Memorial Day at age 88, and my brother who was in Nam. were.
And they both echo what you just said.
I have not seen it better said anywhere. :clap2:

Well Ollie, I respect your opinion.
But all you offer is opinion.
The facts prove you wrong on this one.

Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. I hope that I am wrong as far as it hurting the military. But I know for a fact it will require special treatment.

Bull Puckie

The Pentagon and the United states government will be making a big mistake by allowing openly flamboyent homosexuals to serve in United States military forces.
The United States forces reputation will be tarnished globally by way of accepting homosexuals into their ranks. It is a big mistake. Countries where homosexuality is illegal can now look to bar U.S. military homosexual throops from their soil.

who cares if someone is gay or not serving in the military. A gay man or woman is just as capable as a straight one.

And why would someone who is gay go running around telling everyone "OH HEY I"M GAY" I mean why do that anyway?

I'm sure the gays are glad for you to be retired too.:eusa_whistle:

who cares if someone is gay or not serving in the military. A gay man or woman is just as capable as a straight one.

And why would someone who is gay go running around telling everyone "OH HEY I"M GAY" I mean why do that anyway?

I dunno. I've tried to have a normal conversation with a gay person (also lesbians) on a few occasions, no knowing about their sexuality, and not talking about anything remotely related to sexuality, and somehow they always tend to bring it up.

A lesbian once asked me if I was in to acting. I said "no, I think most actors are assholes." She took offense to that and replied "What are you? Straight? Gay?"

Maybe she thought I was poking fun at gays because a lot of actors are gay. But then sexuality isn't at the forefront of my thinking process in matters such as everyday conversation, so I don't read between the lines like that. You better believe there would be a lot of gays who would be in your face about it, just as there's a lot of gays in your face about it in the real world.

I dunno. I've tried to have a normal conversation with a gay person (also lesbians) on a few occasions, no knowing about their sexuality, and not talking about anything remotely related to sexuality, and somehow they always tend to bring it up.

A lesbian once asked me if I was in to acting. I said "no, I think most actors are assholes." She took offense to that and replied "What are you? Straight? Gay?"

Maybe she thought I was poking fun at gays because a lot of actors are gay. But then sexuality isn't at the forefront of my thinking process in matters such as everyday conversation, so I don't read between the lines like that. You better believe there would be a lot of gays who would be in your face about it, just as there's a lot of gays in your face about it in the real world.
How many conversations have you had with people who were gay and you never knew it cause they didn't bring it up?

I'm glad that I'm retired from the military and don't have to put up with all the political correctness bullshit. Allowing gays to openly serve in the military is nothing more than political correctness. For years and years, you could not be assigned to one of the PRP duties if you were gay and now it's suddenly ok? Sorry. I think it's a big mistake and time will bear it out.

Criminal? Really? Seems you and John McCain have problems with gays serving. McCain remembers the problems he had with a homosexual Spartan during the Seige of Troy. Your problems are with your fear and misunderstanding of homosexuals.

And don't lisp, dear. It's not very butch. Our 'throops' will be just fine, as always.

How many conversations have you had with people who were gay and you never knew it cause they didn't bring it up?

I'm going to look past the illogical nature of your question.

Ah, screw it: How can I make a quantifiable answer to your question? If I never knew they were gay, how could I know how many said conversations were had? Idiot!

Obviously, if I had a conversation with someone and the topic of sexuality wasn't brought up, I wouldn't know what that person's sexuality was. So in answer to your ridiculous question, there are probably countless people I have talked to who may or may not have been gay. It really doesn't matter to me. What does bother me is when someone has a chip on one's shoulder about it, and has to bring it up. If it does come up, it could at least be if that was somehow the topic of conversation.

Last edited:
Sorry, partner, but this thread is wrong on so many levels that I have to comment.

First of all, I've served with soldiers who turned out to be homosexual. These were men who served the nation honorably with great distinction. They served during a time before DADT, and the rest of team kept it quiet within the team. In other words, nobody cared. All that mattered is that these men did their jobs and looked out after their fellow soldier.

Second of all, get off your high horse about morality. This naive statement tells me that you never walked in the woods in the dark of night with the Devil at your side. Otherwise, you'd know that morality in the military is nothing more than a bunch of kumbaya bullshit advertised for PR purposes.

Combat is the most immoral thing a man will ever do. War is man's brutality in its purest, ugliest form. If you've never experienced it, then you are in no position to say shit about what is and what isn't moral. Men holding hands doesn't compare to carving out someone's guts with your K-bar.

You just haven't been there, son.

My point is homosexuality is a sexual deviancy. If we allow homosexuals to serve in the U.S. Armed forces, then other sexual deviants will also demand to be accepted into the
United States military services.
I do realize that there are homosexuals serving in the military now, but those homos keep their sexuality to themselves. This is how it should remain, for the sake of unit cohesion, and moral.
Which will be affected if don't ask don't tell is done away with.

dude go be a bigot somewhere else.

Dude, go try and shut people up just because their opinion differs with yours somewhere else.

Oh... and how do like that... you accusing someone of being a BIGOT when it's YOUR behavior that's BIGOTED.

My point is homosexuality is a sexual deviancy. If we allow homosexuals to serve in the U.S. Armed forces, then other sexual deviants will also demand to be accepted into the
United States military services.
I do realize that there are homosexuals serving in the military now, but those homos keep their sexuality to themselves. This is how it should remain, for the sake of unit cohesion, and moral.
Which will be affected if don't ask don't tell is done away with.

Dude, go try and shut people up just because their opinion differs with yours somewhere else.

Oh... and how do like that... you accusing someone of being a BIGOT when it's YOUR behavior that's BIGOTED.

I don't agree with 52nd douche, but I must point out the irony of your statement.:eusa_whistle:

Says a chickenshit that's never served
:cuckoo:

I don't agree with 52nd douche, but I must point out the irony of your statement.

It's not irony Einstein... it's using his own words to illustrate his bigotry. Course you knew that, but thought you'd be oh so cute to build a little straw man.

I don't agree with 52nd douche, but I must point out the irony of your statement.

It's not irony Einstein... it's using his own words to illustrate his bigotry. Course you knew that, but thought you'd be oh so cute to build a little straw man.

You told him to go somewhere else because you don't like what he has to say. The irony here is that you are lecturing him for being intolerant of others, while at the same time being intolerant of him. Don't try to spin this into a strawman fallacy where there is none.:lol:

I'm going to look past the illogical nature of your question.

Ah, screw it: How can I make a quantifiable answer to your question? If I never knew they were gay, how could I know how many said conversations were had? Idiot!

Obviously, if I had a conversation with someone and the topic of sexuality wasn't brought up, I wouldn't know what that person's sexuality was. So in answer to your ridiculous question, there are probably countless people I have talked to who may or may not have been gay. It really doesn't matter to me. What does bother me is when someone has a chip on one's shoulder about it, and has to bring it up. If it does come up, it could at least be if that was somehow the topic of conversation.
It's not a ridiculous question at all....but if you wish to be touchy about it......well, go right ahead.

Not to mention that you could get cooties from them. :rolleyes:

It's not a ridiculous question at all....but if you wish to be touchy about it......well, go right ahead.

"How many conversations have you had with people who were gay and you never knew it cause they didn't bring it up?"

How about you try thinking about this question, and answering it. It's not only an illogical question, it is a retardedly illogical question. Non sequitur.

How many times has B seen A when B never knew it because A never revealed to B that is was in fact A?

How many times did I screw your boss, but not know it, because she never told me she was your boss?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back