Homosexuals should not be accepted into U.S. military forces.

Look, I must admit, it bothers me somewhat that Homosexuals are so rapidly a growing trend...
I doubt it's more prevalent now than any other time in history. It's just that fewer gays are hiding their sexuality than before.

Well said Dave as it is obvious that many of us southerners have come to the reality of the facts concerning human sexuality years ago.
As a flannel shirt wearing, tobacco chewing, beer swilling, former defensive end, straight, good old boy red neck I do not waste my time worrying about the gay boogey man.

He is not interested in me and I feel the same way. Been married 35 years and have come to the conclusion I do not understand it so I accept them as who they are and have found they are not bad folk at all.

We've heard about every argument thare can be both for and against DADT.

DADT was considered a gift to gay people when it was initiated. Now they want special treatment. And yes if they are permitted to serve openly there will be special treatment. When we did away with the WAC and incorporated women into the regular army there was special treatment. With gays there will be even more.

Sorry, I still find it totally unacceptable. I am glad to be retired. But I will still support the numerous Veterans organizations regardless. And I will still continue to do volunteer work at the clinic.

But ending DADT is still a mistake.

That's so funny. Right wingers squat on America. They give trillions to millionaires and billionaires and consider it a "gift" to America.

Considering the number of gays who graduated at or near the top of their class, the Arabic translators who led American soldiers into Islamic cities. The sacrifices the gays made. It's the country who was "given the gift" of their service. Too many right wingers hate the gays because they hate being shown up by men they consider "pansies" because of who they fall in love with.

Marine Staff Sgt. Eric Alva

Erik%20Alva%201.img_assist_custom.JPG

Fehrenbach's discharge comes two years before he would have been able to take a 20-year retirement.

Fehrenbach said he has nine Air Medals, including one for valor for assaulting an Iraqi ambush position while under heavy anti-aircraft fire during the first days of the invasion. (how many straight soldiers are alive today because of this gay guy?) He told Maddow that he and his wingman spotted a dozen armored personnel carriers laying in wait for advancing U.S. troops on their way to Baghdad.

The wingman's plane suffered a malfunction which made it impossible for him to accurately fire his weapons, Sarvis said, so in addition to unleashing his own he guided the wingman so that he could fire on target, as well, all while under fire.

The two knocked out the ambush, he said.

Satellite

AF Boots Decorated Pilot for Being Gay

You know.......I've been a lifetime member of the VFW since 1992.

I still support gays serving in the military.

Bag Lady Ollie, the UPS delivery girl? Fuck you very much asshole. I'm glad you've retired.

Unless someone is flamboyantly gay, there's really no way of knowing they are gay unless they bring it up. It's not a matter of something going over my head. My argument is perfectly valid.

If someone is not wearing fan clothes for a sports team, and doesn't bring up their favorite sports team, how the fuck am I supposed to know that person is a sports fan? Am I supposed to have sportsdar or something?

More to the point, if someone is not obviously gay, and doesn't bring up the fact that they are gay, I will not know that they are gay unless they tell me. The question is therefore illogical. If I talk to 100 people in a week, and not one of them mentions their sexuality, how the hell can I give an answer as to how many of those 100 people are gay?

Don't bother answering that last question. You are too retarded to admit that you are wrong.
Am I the second or third person telling you that you missed the point on this one? How many is it going to take before it starts to sink in that you either have poor communication skills, or are completely missing his point? I'm going to spell this one out for you, so you can figure out the answer.

You stated that you have spoken with gay people about things unrelated to sexuality and "somehow they always tend to bring it up." This is known as a generalization. In the context of this sentence, it appears that you are stating that all gay people always bring up their sexuality anytime you speak to them. Note how my use of the word "always" is the same word you used in your sentence as well. Generalization. The point being that you would have no idea who is gay that does NOT bring up sexuality in a conversation, thus making your generalization of "somehow they always tend to bring it up" to be fallacious, as you have no way of gauging how often "they" actually do bring it up.

Let me know if you have questions.

Look, I must admit, it bothers me somewhat that Homosexuals are so rapidly a growing trend...
I doubt it's more prevalent now than any other time in history. It's just that fewer gays are hiding their sexuality than before.

Eh, I just see so many people in high school coming out of the "closet" although I have found myself asking "Why in a closet in the first place?"
Because of attitudes like the OP's.

Well said Dave as it is obvious that many of us southerners have come to the reality of the facts concerning human sexuality years ago.
As a flannel shirt wearing, tobacco chewing, beer swilling, former defensive end, straight, good old boy red neck I do not waste my time worrying about the gay boogey man.

He is not interested in me and I feel the same way. Been married 35 years and have come to the conclusion I do not understand it so I accept them as who they are and have found they are not bad folk at all.
:beer: A good internet friend of mine changed my mind about gays serving openly. He was a good Marine, but he couldn't hide who he was anymore...so he got out. The Corps lost out, he lost out, and America lost out. Nobody won.

:beer: A good internet friend of mine changed my mind about gays serving openly. He was a good Marine, but he couldn't hide who he was anymore...so he got out. The Corps lost out, he lost out, and America lost out. Nobody won.
Maybe you'll be allowed back in once they repeal DADT.

Accord*ing to an arti*cle by Tom Philpott, the end of the DADT pol*icy will not mean that same-sex part*ners will auto*mat*i*cally gain access to mil*i*tary benefits, since the DoD is bound by the 1996 Defense of Mar*riage Act. The 1996 law, which defines mar*riage as “a legal union between one man and one woman as hus*band and wife” and defines “spouse” to mean ” a per*son of the oppo*site sex who is a hus*band or a wife,” also bars the Fed*eral gov*ern*ment from rec*og*niz*ing same-sex mar*riages and does not allow spouse related ben*e*fits for gay part*ners.

http://militaryadvantage.military.com/2010/12/dadt-out-gay-benefits-in/

The workplace changed my mind Dave. As a former competitor I always admired the guy that worked hard and over came adversity. When I saw the hatred of gays and lesbians in the work place many years ago I sort of stood up for the underdog so to speak. Then I saw their work ethic and how they were really no different than me and my wife except they fall in love with folks of the same sex.
And there is something about me that does not give a shit about what other folks think. They put guys like me on the defensive line!!
I do not understand it but what is there to understand? I support their rights and fight for them. I have a friend of mine retired from the Army 2 years ago.
"40 years from now we will see how silly this argument was" is what he has been saying for a while.
And he once was also against their open service.
An open mind is a powerful thing and you have one.

Unless someone is flamboyantly gay, there's really no way of knowing they are gay unless they bring it up. It's not a matter of something going over my head. My argument is perfectly valid.

If someone is not wearing fan clothes for a sports team, and doesn't bring up their favorite sports team, how the fuck am I supposed to know that person is a sports fan? Am I supposed to have sportsdar or something?

More to the point, if someone is not obviously gay, and doesn't bring up the fact that they are gay, I will not know that they are gay unless they tell me. The question is therefore illogical. If I talk to 100 people in a week, and not one of them mentions their sexuality, how the hell can I give an answer as to how many of those 100 people are gay?

Don't bother answering that last question. You are too retarded to admit that you are wrong.
Am I the second or third person telling you that you missed the point on this one? How many is it going to take before it starts to sink in that you either have poor communication skills, or are completely missing his point? I'm going to spell this one out for you, so you can figure out the answer.

You stated that you have spoken with gay people about things unrelated to sexuality and "somehow they always tend to bring it up." This is known as a generalization. In the context of this sentence, it appears that you are stating that all gay people always bring up their sexuality anytime you speak to them. Note how my use of the word "always" is the same word you used in your sentence as well. Generalization. The point being that you would have no idea who is gay that does NOT bring up sexuality in a conversation, thus making your generalization of "somehow they always tend to bring it up" to be fallacious, as you have no way of gauging how often "they" actually do bring it up.

Let me know if you have questions.

Ah...good to know that my point was not that obscure.

Did you not get where he said it was an internet friend of his....not him? Now I understand how you can so easily misunderstand other posters' posts.

I haven't left. I retire in two months with 20 years of service.

Oh, you thought you were insulting me? What's wrong with being gay? :confused:

The workplace changed my mind Dave. As a former competitor I always admired the guy that worked hard and over came adversity. When I saw the hatred of gays and lesbians in the work place many years ago I sort of stood up for the underdog so to speak. Then I saw their work ethic and how they were really no different than me and my wife except they fall in love with folks of the same sex.
And there is something about me that does not give a shit about what other folks think. They put guys like me on the defensive line!!
I do not understand it but what is there to understand? I support their rights and fight for them. I have a friend of mine retired from the Army 2 years ago.
"40 years from now we will see how silly this argument was" is what he has been saying for a while.
And he once was also against their open service.
An open mind is a powerful thing and you have one.
As do you. It's an increasingly rare thing, I think, an open mind.

A good internet friend of mine changed my mind about gays serving openly. He was a good Marine, but he couldn't hide who he was anymore...so he got out. The Corps lost out, he lost out, and America lost out. Nobody won.

Actually, the Marines won by getting rid of a homo pervert in their ranks. :clap2:

If your going to c/p bullshit at least fix the damned spelling, Ollie

Excuse the fuck out of me, but Military.com is not Bullshit. And I don't know why the characters changed. Read the fucking link. It says so much more.

Not our fault that you don't know how to operate a computer. Guess being a bag lady in the Army is kinda to blame for that.

Fuck off you pussified pud pounding asshole. Great that you're already retired, the military could use a lot less close minded dinosaurs such as yourself.

Good thing you've retired, now walk in front of a bus.

If your going to c/p bullshit at least fix the damned spelling, Ollie

Excuse the fuck out of me, but Military.com is not Bullshit. And I don't know why the characters changed. Read the fucking link. It says so much more.

Not our fault that you don't know how to operate a computer. Guess being a bag lady in the Army is kinda to blame for that.

Fuck off you pussified pud pounding asshole. Great that you're already retired, the military could use a lot less close minded dinosaurs such as yourself.

Awe, does the paperpushers pussy hurt? Keep attacking my service dickwad and I'll keep sending the neg rep at you. Not fuck off, but fuck you. Have a fucked up day.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Awe, does the paperpushers pussy hurt? Keep attacking my service dickwad and I'll keep sending the neg rep at you. Not fuck off, but fuck you. Have a fucked up day.

Keep attacking your service? Not a chance asshole.........I'm attacking YOU PERSONALLY because you've got a bigoted fucked up attitude that will only harm our military if more people think as fucked as you.

Like I said......glad you retired. Now do us all a favor and get your whole head in front of the rifle.

Forum List

Back