Homosexuality is Bad for Your Health

The phisical health risks of sex between men is clear...

What I have noticed is the mental illness that seems to fallow later in life... I have 3 gay men I presently associate with at some level... one through work, one is a neighbor , and the other is a childhood friend I see from time to time...

All three are depressed and are starting to deeply regret the CHOICES they made in their lives.... No motivation ,alcaholism and drug addiction developing in their late 40's...
That does not indicate the norm for gay males in their 40's.

CLEARLY all the product of homosexuality.

:cuckoo:

So, is wife beating a product of heterosexuality? Since, statistically, more heteros sexually abuse their kids than gays does this mean that heterosexuality causes the sexual abuse of children? You fall for a logical fallacy because it falls in line with your opinion of gays. It's cool, dude. Archie Bunker lasted well past the 60s too.

I can only tell you what I see going on with the gay men my wife and I
assocaite with...

I'm not surprised at the denial of the possibility of this, its typical of the "I disgree so it cant be true" attitude I see on the messageboard post after post...

That does not indicate the norm for gay males in their 40's.

Well I dont know your sources or how you know that is true... my input involved Three gay men(the only gay men I associate with) and we are three for three, all are deeply depressed and I would say self detructing and possibly suicidal in on case...

that seems to be a pretty good indication... And I trust real life expeiriences over second hand studies whos sources may have agendas...

I can only tell you what I see going on with the gay men my wife and I
assocaite with...

I'm not surprised at the denial of the possibility of this, its typical of the "I disgree so it cant be true" attitude I see on the messageboard post after post...

so, can I form my opinion of christians by the fred phelps example just because he is within proximity of my personal field of observation? I mean, you can disagree that Fred acts like the average thumper but that doesn't mean that it can't be true, yes? Is that how it works?

I'll ask again, are you familair enough with your examples to KNOW that their supposed misery is the product of their sexuality or are you assuming as much using a false correlation?

So you prefer your own personal bias based on a small sample size of personal experiences than statistical research. Okay.

Just the other day I saw a christian kick a dog and use the word ******. Ergo, christians must like to abuse animals and lynch blacks. No, it doesn't makes sense. It's a locigal fallacy and is no more reflective of Americas gay population than Phelps is of christians in general.

So you prefer your own personal bias based on a small sample size of personal experiences than statistical research. Okay.

How about both Matts....

A new report compiled by the Medius Institute for Gay Men’s Health — a small, New York-based organization founded in June 2005 — suggests that because gay men have higher rates of depression than the general population, they also are more likely to engage in high-risk behavior associated with depression, including unsafe sex and drug use.

http://www.washblade.com/2006/9-15/news/national/report.cfm

Just the other day I saw a christian kick a dog and use the word ******. Ergo, christians must like to abuse animals and lynch blacks. No, it doesn't makes sense. It's a locigal fallacy and is no more reflective of Americas gay population than Phelps is of christians in general.

See above post...

Fauxnews? Nope... it's just about how the rightwingers always talk about the bias of the Times and now WJ is relying on it. Found it ironic.

The Times is one of the last vestiges of investigative journalism, or journalism that does not tow the party line.

Well I dont know your sources or how you know that is true... my input involved Three gay men(the only gay men I associate with) and we are three for three, all are deeply depressed and I would say self detructing and possibly suicidal in on case...

that seems to be a pretty good indication... And I trust real life expeiriences over second hand studies whos sources may have agendas...
I know quite a few older gay men. I know quite a few older straight men. I see nothing but mixed results from both sides.

I know quite a few older gay men. I know quite a few older straight men. I see nothing but mixed results from both sides.

I forgot about darrel another gay friend.... He's already dead though...depression then drug addiction now dead...thats 4 out of 4... to me the evidence is overwelming...

I searched the web yesterday there is a tremendous amount of information out there supporting my posistion...

I only forwarded the one link but there was alot more...

The same thing happens with abortion victims(mothers of murdered babies)... the untold side effects they dont tell you about at planned parenthood...long term depression and suicidal thoughts... My friend Joanne murdered her child in HS... she is in her late 40's now with two children....Just like Roe, she stuggles daily and basically cant live with the facts of what she now realizes is absolutly true.... "she murdred her child"...

The Times is one of the last vestiges of investigative journalism, or journalism that does not tow the party line.

You may be the only person in the country that believes that...

just goes to show.... you are blind to truth, and a good reason why 99% of your input is false or distorted...

How about both Matts....

A new report compiled by the Medius Institute for Gay Men’s Health — a small, New York-based organization founded in June 2005 — suggests that because gay men have higher rates of depression than the general population, they also are more likely to engage in high-risk behavior associated with depression, including unsafe sex and drug use.

http://www.washblade.com/2006/9-15/news/national/report.cfm

You said that you trust real life experiences over second hand studies…

I would put some weight on personal experiences but I would put more weight on journalistic studies that have a larger sample size than are accounted for by the few people that I have met.

I forgot about darrel another gay friend.... He's already dead though...depression then drug addiction now dead...thats 4 out of 4... to me the evidence is overwelming...

I searched the web yesterday there is a tremendous amount of information out there supporting my posistion...

The same thing happens with abortion victims(mothers of murdered babies)... the untold side effects they dont tell you about at planned parenthood...long term depression and suicidal thoughts... My friend Joanne murdered her child in HS... she is in her late 40's now with two children....Just like Roe, she stuggles daily and basically cant live with the facts of what she now realizes is absolutly true.... "she murdred her child"...
I simply see mixed results on a fairly consistent basis. I myself suffer from chronic depression (my mom says it's because of my Asperger's, but I really don't buy that) and have since early childhood. Depression itself has nothing to do with their sexual orientation, but several other things, such as loneliness, fear, repression, etc.

Might be that they were depressed because where you live gays don't get treated so well. That would be depressing for someone gay. Thing is, middle age depression really isn't that uncommon. I can't even begin tell you how many 40-ish friends I have who are dissatisfied with their lives. The gay people I know are pretty much no different, and may well have higher job satisfaction/life satisfaction and relationship satisfaction than the people I know who are ticking off days til their kids go to college so they can make a run for it.

Just a thought.

I simply see mixed results on a fairly consistent basis. I myself suffer from chronic depression (my mom says it's because of my , but I really don't buy that) and have since early childhood. Depression itself has nothing to do with their sexual orientation, but several other things, such as loneliness, fear, repression, etc.

I'm sorry to hear that Kagom... thats a form of autism isn't it...?

Forum List

Back