Homosexual marriage very unethical.

What does the bible say on the subject, exactly?

The Bible speaks exclusively of marriage between a man and woman, you trying to split hairs? The Bible has condemned homosexuality itself as a sin, so how can the marriage be ok? Thats like acknowledging that incest is wrong but then saying since nothing says a sister and brother can't be married its ok.

The Bible speaks exclusively of marriage between a man and woman, you trying to split hairs? The Bible has condemned homosexuality itself as a sin, so how can the marriage be ok? Thats like acknowledging that incest is wrong but then saying since nothing says a sister and brother can't be married its ok.

again, the bible also says you should be stoned to death for mixing fibers....

d'uh!:cuckoo:

Since when does the bible get to decide what is a marriage and what isn't?

Since when does the bible get to decide what is a marriage and what isn't?

Marriage is a sacred union between a man and woman in not just the Bible but in all major religions and cultures. Marriage in the US is based on the bibilical principle of marriage.

Marriage is a sacred union between a man and woman in not just the Bible but in all major religions and cultures. Marriage in the US is based on the bibilical principle of marriage.

What it is based on, and what it is, are two different things. Both my wife and I are non believers, yet we are married. Ditto quite a few of our friends too. As for all major religions, some allow mutliple wifes, others arranged with no love. Why do religions get to decide what a marriage is or should be? Times change. If they didn't we'd be living in caves rubbing sticks together. Societies and mores/morals/values change.

What it is based on, and what it is, are two different things. Both my wife and I are non believers, yet we are married. Ditto quite a few of our friends too. As for all major religions, some allow mutliple wifes, others arranged with no love. Why do religions get to decide what a marriage is or should be? Times change. If they didn't we'd be living in caves rubbing sticks together. Societies and mores/morals/values change.

Again. marraige is based on the union between a man and woman, not a man and man and or woman and woman, the push for same sex marriage is ammodern invention of same sex fetish sexual perverts, next people will be fighting to marrying ttheir siblings and you'll be the one saying the same thing, questioning what is marriage based on.

Again. marraige is based on the union between a man and woman, not a man and man and or woman and woman, the push for same sex marriage is ammodern invention of same sex fetish sexual perverts, next people will be fighting to marrying ttheir siblings and you'll be the one saying the same thing, questioning what is marriage based on.

Ah rallying to the old strawman eh? Fortunately you don't get to decide what a marriage is. Society does. If people end up marrying their siblings and society is happy with it, it will happen. But honestly, how many folks do you know who want to marry siblings? 1? 2? 100? 1000? Got any more non-driven arguments to support your case? And who are you to decide gays are perverts?

Ah rallying to the old strawman eh? Fortunately you don't get to decide what a marriage is. Society does. If people end up marrying their siblings and society is happy with it, it will happen. But honestly, how many folks do you know who want to marry siblings? 1? 2? 100? 1000? Got any more non-driven arguments to support your case? And who are you to decide gays are perverts?

Marraige between a man and woman is what marriage is. Most people in America don't support sodomosexual marriage anyways and neither will sibling marriage be supported. Homosexuals don't get to decide what marriage is. And any man that sticks his penis in another man's mouth and anus and or receives such is a pervert, just as much as a person who has sex with an animal.

Actually, the reason for the existence of this thread and debate is the fact that society was disenfranchised from making that decision. So society does NOT get to decide. The court, deciding against society and with the aberrant minority has legislated from the bench the imposition of the tyranny of the minority upon the majority.

Homosexuality and support for it is increasing in this forum, but oh well, liberalism has its pitfalls and drawbacks.

Explain. I don't think that not really caring what someone else does in the privacy of their own home equates to "support."

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. They are not entitled to force those beliefs on others without cause. Homosexuals doing their thing in their house does not give cause, IMO.

Creating a discriminatory law that caters to an aberrant minority's behavior DOES give cause to question, IMO.

They do it because they love the pleasure of homosexual sex, thats why they do it, not because of some fake sexual "orientation".

That is not entirely correct.

Love of pleasure is certainly the usual motivation for people to have sex, but who they have sex with is often guided by who they're attracted to.

You don't really have a choice about who you're attracted to; it's pretty reflexive. I mean, I suppose with sufficient conditioning (perhaps intense and long-term), you could train your body to be attracted to pretty much anything, but you still had an innate set of tastes to begin with.

For some people, this built-in set of preferences favors those of the same sex. I can't link to evidence of this, but I know for a fact that it's true for at least one person (me). In some cases the trend of being turned on by those of the same rather than opposite sex is consistant enough that it could reasonably be called a "sexual orientation."

Now, of course, whether one acts on such desires is entirely a matter of choice. But the fact remains that some people do have an innate predisposition to be attracted to those of the same sex, and that is not a matter of choice or invention.

As for the larger issues of the thread, I'll say again that gay marriage is so unprecedended among the various incarnations of that ancient tradition that I'm leery of it. I'm all for the intervention of the courts to keep things constitutionally honest, but it isn't clear to me that that's what's happening here. Whether marriage even can include homosexual couples depends on what marriage is (i.e., whether the "man and woman" bit is actually a part of the definition of marriage), and that sort of defining seems far more fitting to the legislature than the judiciary, in the absence of a clear stance in the Constitution (which is silent about marriage).

Explain. I don't think that not really caring what someone else does in the privacy of their own home equates to "support."

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. They are not entitled to force those beliefs on others without cause. Homosexuals doing their thing in their house does not give cause, IMO.

Creating a discriminatory law that caters to an aberrant minority's behavior DOES give cause to question, IMO.

This shows just how far gone you are.

Somehow its not discrimination to only let women marry men, but it is discrimination to let men AND women marry men?

How the hell does that work, Gunny?

Homosexuality and support for it is increasing in this forum, but oh well, liberalism has its pitfalls and drawbacks.

Freedom sure is a drawback. Do you want to be an investment banker? How about a farmer? How about a garbage man? I have 0 interest in any of those things. So guess what I do? I don't do them. I don't go out and try and ban anyone else who has some interest in them from doing them as well. I just pass on it.

We live in a free society. Everything should be legal until it is shown to be harmful and a compelling reason given to ban it. And no, your dislike for a particular thing is not reason to ban it.

Freedom sure is a drawback. Do you want to be an investment banker? How about a farmer? How about a garbage man? I have 0 interest in any of those things. So guess what I do? I don't do them. I don't go out and try and ban anyone else who has some interest in them from doing them as well. I just pass on it.

We live in a free society. Everything should be legal until it is shown to be harmful and a compelling reason given to ban it. And no, your dislike for a particular thing is not reason to ban it.

This is precisely why morality in America as well as society itself in America is crumbling. This is exactly what Satan wants because at first glance it sounds good but a closer glance reveals that it reeks of pure evil.

This is precisely why morality in America as well as society itself in America is crumbling. This is exactly what Satan wants because at first glance it sounds good but a closer glance reveals that it reeks of pure evil.

I'll pass on your theocracy, thanks.

I'll pass on your theocracy, thanks.

The fact that naked women on TV, sexually explicit music videos, and more acceptance of homosexuality in the media and society is proof that society is crumbling morally in America. There has to be limits, sodomites can do as the like behind closed doors[not because the Bass believes its ok, but because they're going to do it anyways] in privacy, but beyond that they need to keep their sodomosexuality to themselves. That includes gay marriage and trying to change the military's ban on sodomites.

The fact that naked women on TV, sexually explicit music videos, and more acceptance of homosexuality in the media and society is proof that society is crumbling morally in America. There has to be limits, sodomites can do as the like behind closed doors[not because the Bass believes its ok, but because they're going to do it anyways] in privacy, but beyond that they need to keep their sodomosexuality to themselves. That includes gay marriage and trying to change the military's ban on sodomites.

oh puleeze.. thank heaven your bible has nothing to do with our government.

So if a pastor, cleric or priest believes in same-sex marriage and performs the ceremony within his congregation...what does that have to do with you?

You seem intent on using society and law to take away any right or privilege of homosexuals who are not condemned by all Christians, Jews and Muslims.

Forum List

Back