Homophiles 'praying'...

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
I was reading an article about the National Day of Prayer. Part of the article read:

a group of liberal clergy led a very different prayer service.

At a Capitol Hill church, members of the Religious Coalition for Equality prayed against intolerance and for justice for all people, including gays and lesbians.

They later released a "faith statement in support of anti-discrimination" that lauded a new state law that prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation in employment, housing and lending. They also criticized those who would support a referendum aimed at overturning the legislation.

"All human beings are of equal value in the sight of their creator," said the Rev. Stephen Jones of Seattle First Baptist Church.

Jones' church hosted the coalition's interfaith service, which attracted about 30 people of Christian, Jewish, Muslim and Buddhist faiths among others.

The coalition's statement has been signed by more than 500 clergy and laypeople, mostly representing liberal denominations.

"We, too, on the left are 'prayerers,' " said the Rev. Monica Corsaro, a United Methodist pastor who serves as ecumenical campus minister at the University of Washington.

While "our Christian brothers and sisters believe there's only one way to pray and one God to pray to," she said, the coalition believes there are multiple ways to reach God.

The coalition plans a day of interfaith prayer for justice and equality in eight Washington cities on May 11.

More: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/269169_prayer05.html

I just want to scratch my sack and ask 'What the FUCK?, over.'

I just don't get it. These people make a mockery of God yet claim to be doing 'His work'. They are no less misguided than Islamic Terrorists. Sin is Sin. Sanctioning sin is worse than sin, imo.

Look - I covet from time to time. That is sin. Pure and simple. However, I do NOT lobby for Coveting to be 'accepted' and 'tolerated' because I have the God-Given common sense to realize we are to REPENT of our sin - NOT fucking change the rules because we can't seem to get OVER sinning.

I grow nausiated at people linking "Jesus" with "Tolerance." Jesus befriended sinners - people like you and me - He ALSO held them accountable to CHANGE their behaviour...to change their hearts and desire for things of a sinful nature.

And these 'pastors and priests' March and protest to get the sins of their congregation sanctioned?

There has to be a special place in hell for people teaching Others - in the name of Christ - to revel in their sin.

:(

Horrible. Absolutely.

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
dmp said:
....I grow nausiated at people linking "Jesus" with "Tolerance." Jesus befriended sinners - people like you and me - He ALSO held them accountable to CHANGE their behaviour...to change their hearts and desire for things of a sinful nature.

And these 'pastors and priests' March and protest to get the sins of their congregation sanctioned?

There has to be a special place in hell for people teaching Others - in the name of Christ - to revel in their sin.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And if you don't accept it, then YOU have the problem with being intolerant, unChristian, racists.......

dumass said:
While "our Christian brothers and sisters believe there's only one way to pray and one God to pray to," she said, the coalition believes there are multiple ways to reach God.

Isn't that directly contradictory to the Bible? I seem to recall some Messiah somewhere in that book saying "There is no way to the father but through me." Am I missing something?

Hobbit said:
Isn't that directly contradictory to the Bible? I seem to recall some Messiah somewhere in that book saying "There is no way to the father but through me." Am I missing something?
John 14:6

And this one, Matt 7:14-15 (not the one I really wanted) ....narrow is the way....Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

roomy said:
Does homophile mean they love homo's?Are they all homosexual?

Homophile: One that loves or has a strong affinity or preference for Homosexuals, and their special rights. And stuff.

dmp said:
I was reading an article about the National Day of Prayer. Part of the article read:

I just want to scratch my sack and ask 'What the FUCK?, over.'

I just don't get it. These people make a mockery of God yet claim to be doing 'His work'. They are no less misguided than Islamic Terrorists. Sin is Sin. Sanctioning sin is worse than sin, imo.

Look - I covet from time to time. That is sin. Pure and simple. However, I do NOT lobby for Coveting to be 'accepted' and 'tolerated' because I have the God-Given common sense to realize we are to REPENT of our sin - NOT fucking change the rules because we can't seem to get OVER sinning.

I grow nausiated at people linking "Jesus" with "Tolerance." Jesus befriended sinners - people like you and me - He ALSO held them accountable to CHANGE their behaviour...to change their hearts and desire for things of a sinful nature.

:(

Horrible. Absolutely.

Maybe there is:

Matthew 18:6,7
6But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

7"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!

-Cp said:
Maybe there is:

Matthew 18:6,7
6But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

7"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!

Hey Cp! Great minds! I was trying to think of EXACTLY that verse! :thup:

(can't rep you again yet)

OK....so what's so bad about these people saying that gays are humans and you shouldn't be intolerant towards them?

Last time I had a discussion about gays on this forum I was informed that gay sex acts are considered sins but are of no greater relevance than other sins. And since all of you sin what makes you one ounce better than any gay person?

I'll spell it out for you. You're hypocrites.

Flame on

Powerman said:
OK....so what's so bad about these people saying that gays are humans and you shouldn't be intolerant towards them?

Last time I had a discussion about gays on this forum I was informed that gay sex acts are considered sins but are of no greater relevance than other sins. And since all of you sin what makes you one ounce better than any gay person?

I'll spell it out for you. You're hypocrites.

Flame on

Ironic you mention spelling - because you really can't READ.

This is about people PROMOTING their sin, knucklehead...for people Saying Christians should ENCOURAGE and SANCTION sinful behavior.

Seriously little brother - TRY to read...use context to help if you can't find the piont of a few words.

dmp said:
uh...what do you know about the Bible?

I know that it is rife with contradictions. And if you knew the bible as well as you seem to be implying this should come as no surprise to you.

dmp said:
Ironic you mention spelling - because you really can't READ.

This is about people PROMOTING their sin, knucklehead...for people Saying Christians should ENCOURAGE and SANCTION sinful behavior.

Seriously little brother - TRY to read...use context to help if you can't find the piont of a few words.

Maybe you're just imagining implications that aren't there. I don't see anything that encourages or promotes anything.

Maybe you can show me which part is promoting it because I don't see it.

Thanks

Powerman said:
I know that it is rife with contradictions. And if you knew the bible as well as you seem to be implying this should come as no surprise to you.

Please - don't make claims like that. Claims like that are CLEAR evidence you haven't put two hours of study into the Bible.

Powerman said:
Maybe you're just imagining implications that aren't there. I don't see anything that encourages or promotes anything.

Maybe you can show me which part is promoting it because I don't see it.

Thanks

Any "Christian" group who calls for Homosexuals to be allowed into the faith/ministry are 'promoting' sin as 'good' and 'tolerable'. Again - where you bother me most is your lack of understanding and research.

Powerman said:
You are aware that times change, are you not? I mean we don't necessarily do things or believe the same way as people did say, 50-75 years ago. The Bible may seem to contradict itself, & I'm sure if that is what you are looking for, you will indeed find it.

But one thing that stands true throughout is the Godhead, that God offers us love and grace and forgivness and eternal life. And He means what he says. Too many who believe one doesn't believe in the other. That His forgiveness will override His punishing.

Mychal Judge never built a church or a school,
or raised a lot of money.
What he did was build a kingdom spiritually,
so people feel close to God.
You can't measure that, and you can't see that.
He didn't realize that that was his gift.
But that was evident in the thousands of people
who came out to his wake and to his funeral."
~ Father Michael Duffy,
Father Mychal Judge's eulogist
"He was a Saint, a wonderful man."
~ Rudolph Giuliani

Fr. Mychal Judge died the way he lived, a hero and a saint."
~ Rev. Keith A. Fournier, "Common Good"

"Above all, he was a living example of Jesus Christ."
~ Former NYPD officer Steven McDonald

In his brown Franciscan robe or white firefighter's helmet, Mychal Judge always seemed larger than life. Today, months after he became victim No. 00001 of the World Trade Center attack, Father Mychal appears larger than death, too.
The white-haired Fire Department chaplain has emerged from the tragedy of September 11th as a multipurpose icon, claimed as one of their own by constituents throughout the city where he once walked in leather sandals, and now, throughout the world, as a Father Mychal Judge canonization movement gathers steam.

Priests, nuns, lawyers, cops, firefighters, journalists, homeless people, rock 'n' rollers, recovering alcoholics, gay activists, local politicians, people with AIDS, middle-aged couples and young lovers all claim Father Mychal as their own.

But before he died, few realized that this Franciscan friar, with such a high-profile as a chaplain in the New York City Fire Department, moved through so many different orbits-- and touched so many lives.

Father Mike, as he was known, was of course, profoundly mourned by the firefighters he loved as "his boys."

With parents from Ireland who met on the boat, he was much honored in the Irish community.

But there was much more to the life of Father Mychal Judge.

The day of his funeral was the 23rd anniversary of his "recovery" as an alcoholic. He was a staunch believer in the 12-step movement of Alcoholics Anonymous, which he called "America's greatest contribution to spirituality."

Father Mychal was extremely close to New York City police officer Steven McDonald, who was left paralyzed after a shooting, travelling with him, his wife, Patti Ann, and their son, to speaking engagements in the United States and Northern Ireland-- and to Lourdes.

"He was my idea of what a priest should be," says McDonald.
"Above all, he was a living example of Jesus Christ."

Father Mychal became the personal pastor to many families of victims of the TWA Flight 800 disaster off Long Island, regardless of their religious affiliation. He spent weeks at a Ramada Inn hotel that became base of operations for the families, and he remained involved in some of their lives until his death at the World Trade Center.

Says Hans Ephraimson-Abt, advocate for families of air crash victims:
"The TWA families considered him a saint."

Father Mychal was known for his ministry to those suffering from AIDS, even years back when very few people would go near an AIDS patient.

Father Mychal was a longtime member of Dignity, the gay Catholic group. When his close friend, gay activist Brendan Fay, started a St. Patrick's parade in Queens that included gay groups, Father Judge helped him fund it and showed up in his brown friar's robe to put the church on the side of the oppressed, even as Catholic officialdom was urging a boycott

In recent years, he "came out" to many of those he loved, including Fire Commissioner Tom Von Essen, who warmly accepted him.

Today, there are tangible signs of his new status:
A stretch of West 31st in Manhattan and a Hudson River ferry were named for Father Mychal Judge.

Pope John Paul II accepted the martyred chaplain's fire helmet from a contingent of city firefighters in the Vatican.

Father Mychal's poster-sized portrait still stands inside the front door of Engine Co. 1/Ladder Co. 24, his local firehouse.

A book on his 68-year life is in the works.

Like St. Francis of Assisi, he wrote a powerful prayer that is being repeated around the world.

A worldwide movement is building to have him declared a saint.
Father Mike is being transformed into St. Mychal.

http://www.saintmychal.com/life01.htm

That is too much to read; have that in bullet-form?

Seriously - why are non-christians offering insights to christianity.

Okay - I read the bolded text.

That guy is NOT a christian. A 'Christian Homosexual Group' makes a MUCH sense as a 'Child Rapists for Christ!' group, or 'Gluttons for God!' etc...

dmp said:
That is too much to read; have that in bullet-form?

Seriously - why are non-christians offering insights to christianity.

There are many brands of Christianity. Not all of them are evangelical/fundamentalist. No problem if that's what someone is. Just there are other types, too.

I don't think anyone intends any offense. At least I don't. Just raising a point.

And in a nutshell, Father Mychal was a hero and he's probably going to be cannonized. He was also openly gay.

*Edit* I think the Catholic Church would disagree with you about him not being a Christian.

Forum List

Back