Homophiles 'praying'...

jillian said:
There are many brands of Christianity. Not all of them are evangelical/fundamentalist. No problem if that's what someone is. Just there are other types, too.

I don't think anyone intends any offense. At least I don't. Just raising a point.

That's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not true, luv. (sigh)....like your Myth about Constantine 'choosing the books of the bible' - There is only ONE brand of Christianity - those who follow the expressed words/example of Christ and the Bible. If ANY group believes God's Word is NOT accurate and true, they must forfiet their 'Christian' label.

dmp said:
That's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not true, luv. (sigh)....like your Myth about Constantine 'choosing the books of the bible' - There is only ONE brand of Christianity - those who follow the expressed words/example of Christ and the Bible. If ANY group believes God's Word is NOT accurate and true, they must forfiet their 'Christian' label.

So let me get this straight....Episcopalians, Catholics, Protestants, Lutherans, Baptists....

None of them are Christian?

Not quite sure what to say about that, so I won't say anything. Hometime from work anyway.

Gonna celebrate Cinqo de Mayo with the hubby and little guy. :beer:

Have a good rest of your afternoon.

Laterz.

jillian said:
So let me get this straight....Episcopalians, Catholics, Protestants, Lutherans, Baptists....

None of them are Christian?

What did I write to make you say that? If Episcopalians, Catholics, Lutherans, Baptists (Protestants are Lutherans and Baptists, etc), believe the Word of God - and Follow Christ, they are by their faith "Christians'.

dmp said:
What did I write to make you say that? If Episcopalians, Catholics, Lutherans, Baptists (Protestants are Lutherans and Baptists, etc), believe the Word of God - and Follow Christ, they are by their faith "Christians'.

Which brings me back to my original point...if and when the Catholic Church cannonizes Mychal Judge does that make the Catholic Church a bunch of "homophiles"?

Really have to run now. See ya! :bye1:

jillian said:
...Gonna celebrate Cinqo de Mayo with the hubby and little guy.
Is this a child or should this have been posted in one of the sex threads? :clap1:

jillian said:
Which brings me back to my original point...if and when the Catholic Church cannonizes Mychal Judge does that make the Catholic Church a bunch of "homophiles"?

Really have to run now. See ya! :bye1:

IF the Catholic Church Cannonizes a Blatant Sinning Priest, then the Catholic Church is in clear violation of it's beliefs, and would lose all entitlements to the label 'Christian' unless/until they repented.

Powerman said:
I know that it is rife with contradictions. And if you knew the bible as well as you seem to be implying this should come as no surprise to you.

Really? Please - inform us on some of the many contradictions you've found in the Bible...

-Cp said:
Really? Please - inform us on some of the many contradictions you've found in the Bible...

he's done this before -Cp. He'll find stupid stuff such as:

Parts of the bible say - Be HAPPY! and parts say "Be GLAD!!" He'll point to that and call it 'contradiction!'

Ooh.. big Deal.

dmp said:
IF the Catholic Church Cannonizes a Blatant Sinning Priest, then the Catholic Church is in clear violation of it's beliefs, and would lose all entitlements to the label 'Christian' unless/until they repented.

I don't believe the Catholic church condemns people "born" with a homosexual orientation, they condemn homosexual acts. Father Judge, being a priest, had to have been celebate and therefore sinless in that department. But his orientation obviously gave him an affinity for helping homosexuals with AIDS and other problems.

dmp said:
I was reading an article about the National Day of Prayer. Part of the article read:
I just want to scratch my sack and ask 'What the FUCK?, over.'

I just don't get it. These people make a mockery of God yet claim to be doing 'His work'. They are no less misguided than Islamic Terrorists. Sin is Sin. Sanctioning sin is worse than sin, imo.

Look - I covet from time to time. That is sin. Pure and simple. However, I do NOT lobby for Coveting to be 'accepted' and 'tolerated' because I have the God-Given common sense to realize we are to REPENT of our sin - NOT fucking change the rules because we can't seem to get OVER sinning.

I grow nausiated at people linking "Jesus" with "Tolerance." Jesus befriended sinners - people like you and me - He ALSO held them accountable to CHANGE their behaviour...to change their hearts and desire for things of a sinful nature.

And these 'pastors and priests' March and protest to get the sins of their congregation sanctioned?

There has to be a special place in hell for people teaching Others - in the name of Christ - to revel in their sin.

:(

Horrible. Absolutely.

Well you know what Christ said about those who pray to be seen before the world, they have their reward. And I cant imagine that using prayer as a political stunt to forward a political cause is anything other than that.

Besides, I think its ridiculous that actually suggesting that homosexuals repent like everyone else is intolerant. I encourage my straight friends who practice immorality to repent as well. Does that mean im intolerant of heteros?

dmp said:
They are no less misguided than Islamic Terrorists. Sin is Sin. Sanctioning sin is worse than sin, imo.

I do not believe I can agree with your gradiation here. You seem to leave little room for different levels of Sin. To say condoning Homosexuality is on par with killing hundreds of innocent people seems a little beyond the pail to me.

Maybe it is your personal christian view that there is some lost souls to saved souls cost benefit ratio, but on the whole this seems quite retarded to me, and I don't presume to speak for you. Maybe you were simply caught up in anger, and such things happen, but I think the point you need to get past is "wtf".

I would be happy they are simply praying, much less believing in God. It's a start. Just because they aren't repenting or seeing their actions as sin, doesn't mean they aren't trying to be with God. Would you deny them that? Do you always know when it is you sin?

Mercy and Salvation are not in your hands, and I'm glad of that.

Note: You are in doubt about to pull out the many direct passages in the bible saying homosexuality is bad. I do not deny their existence or their interpretation, I am merely saying that others do. There is no single interpretation of the Bible. It speaks to people in different ways at different times.

I am against "selective reading" as I'm sure you are, but please try to understand my main point, that they are trying to be one with God, and this is the best way they've come up with. It's not a good way, but it's all they've got.

Phaedrus said:
I do not believe I can agree with your gradiation here. You seem to leave little room for different levels of Sin. To say condoning Homosexuality is on par with killing hundreds of innocent people seems a little beyond the pail to me.

Maybe it is your personal christian view that there is some lost souls to saved souls cost benefit ratio, but on the whole this seems quite retarded to me, and I don't presume to speak for you. Maybe you were simply caught up in anger, and such things happen, but I think the point you need to get past is "wtf".

I would be happy they are simply praying, much less believing in God. It's a start. Just because they aren't repenting or seeing their actions as sin, doesn't mean they aren't trying to be with God. Would you deny them that? Do you always know when it is you sin?

Note: You are in doubt about to pull out the many direct passages in the bible saying homosexuality is bad. I do not deny their existence or their interpretation, I am merely saying that others do. There is no single interpretation of the Bible. It speaks to people in different ways at different times.

I am against "selective reading" as I'm sure you are, but please try to understand my main point, that they are trying to be one with God, and this is the best way they've come up with. It's not a good way, but it's all they've got.

There are a few erroneous presuppositions with your post:

1. You affirm that there are sins worse than other sins

- Yet the Bible makes it clear that Sin IS Sin - sin is simply missing the bullseye of what God wants for us and how he intended for us to live.
- If sin were catagorizable then that means that God' forgiveness would have to be as well yet the Bible tells us that "You cannot out-sin God's grace - it's complete and able to forgive is entirely" - read Romans 5

2. You affirm that the homo's are trying to be one w/ God - yet they have complete disregard to God's immovable stance against sin.

Knowing that any kind of sin is enough to keep you from Eternal Life in God - we cannot go around pleading that we're pleasing God - much less living for him when we have a blatant (or secret) life that's an abomination to him.

ScreamingEagle said:
I don't believe the Catholic church condemns people "born" with a homosexual orientation, they condemn homosexual acts. Father Judge, being a priest, had to have been celebate and therefore sinless in that department. But his orientation obviously gave him an affinity for helping homosexuals with AIDS and other problems.

Except nobody is 'born' a homosexual. One can't BE homosexual unless the 'do' homosexuality. Homosexuals won't have 'more' desire to help people with AIDS and other problems.

Phaedrus said:

It's not mine - it's God's. Sin is Sin. Sin all leads to 'death' regardless.

Again - it's fine you think it's retarded; it's true nonetheless.

Interesting - I'd say "yes" I always know when what I am doing is sinful. I'm pretty close to thinking a Believer cannot sin w/o his/her knowing.

Mercy and Salvation are brought by Christ - Christ laid out for us, VERY clearly what must be done for those conditions to befall us.

That's warm-fuzzy but it's not reality. In reality people 'read what is written' and apply it to their lives based on the context and the definitions of the words they read.

But they are failing - based upon GOD's definition. Nobody can read His Word and find where God was honky-dorry with people actively promoting sin as 'choice' while continuing to Claim Him.

-Cp said:
There are a few erroneous presuppositions with your post:

1. You affirm that there are sins worse than other sins

- Yet the Bible makes it clear that Sin IS Sin - sin is simply missing the bullseye of what God wants for us and how he intended for us to live.
- If sin were catagorizable then that means that God' forgiveness would have to be as well yet the Bible tells us that "You cannot out-sin God's grace - it's complete and able to forgive is entirely" - read Romans 5

2. You affirm that the homo's are trying to be one w/ God - yet they have complete disregard to God's immovable stance against sin.

Knowing that any kind of sin is enough to keep you from Eternal Life in God - we cannot go around pleading that we're pleasing God - much less living for him when we have a blatant (or secret) life that's an abomination to him.

Aren't you categorizing sin when you assign the word abomination to homosexuality, but euphamise other (lesser) sins as "missing the bullseye"?

dmp said:
Interesting - I'd say "yes" I always know when what I am doing is sinful. I'm pretty close to thinking a Believer cannot sin w/o his/her knowing.
So exactly how is your intentional sin any different than a homosexuals?

dmp said:
It's not mine - it's God's. Sin is Sin. Sin all leads to 'death' regardless.

Life leads to 'death' regardless.

dmp said:

So you choose to Sin? In face of knowing that, doesn't that jade your view of redemption?

dmp said:
But they are failing - based upon GOD's definition. Nobody can read His Word and find where God was honky-dorry with people actively promoting sin as 'choice' while continuing to Claim Him.

I am not saying they aren't failing, simply stating they are trying. Effort may not be enough, but I don't disregard it.

MissileMan said:
So exactly how is your intentional sin any different than a homosexuals?
It isn't different, or worse. But it IS still sin. Pretending otherwise won't make it any LESS sinful, and convincing crowds of people that it isn't sin doesn't make it less sinful, either. That is the point.

mom4 said:
It isn't different, or worse. But it IS still sin. Pretending otherwise won't make it any LESS sinful, and convincing crowds of people that it isn't sin doesn't make it less sinful, either. That is the point.

So in your opinion, it isn't hypocritical for someone to call themselves a Christian after admitting intentionally sinning, but then claim that homosexuals can't be Christians because they intentionally sin?

They're saying they don't condone passing Sin off as acceptable, it's really not all that hard to grasp.

Forum List

Back