Homeless Isaac Victim: Romney Told Me To 'Go Home And Call 211'

This part seems to have been left out of the OP's first post..

On the visit from the pair of Republicans, Chiarello said, "He’s good. He’ll do the best for us. He has our best interests at heart. I thought he’d be more like a politician, but it was more understanding and caring."

His selected running mate tried to block federal disaster relief.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney launched the final leg of his quest for the White House by visiting storm-battered Louisiana on Friday. He drove through a town that was flooded by Hurricane Isaac in part because it's still outside the vast flooding protection system built with federal funds after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans.

Romney and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) spent close to an hour meeting with first responders and local officials. Romney shook hands with National Guardsmen outside the U.S. Post Office and talked with a local resident, Jodie Chiarello, 42, who lost her home in Isaac's flooding.

"He just told me to, um, there's assistance out there," Chiarello said of her conversation with Romney. "He said, go home and call 211." That's a public service number offered in many states.​

More: Mitt Romney To Flood Victim: 'Go Home And Call 211'

I'm sure we'll see Barry go down, roll up his sleeves, and start helping people clean up the rubble, right?

He doesn't think himself above doing the work needed to help his fellow Americans.

Obama%2Bfilling%2Bsandbags%2BIowa.jpg

On the visit from the pair of Republicans, Chiarello said, "He’s good. He’ll do the best for us. He has our best interests at heart. I thought he’d be more like a politician, but it was more understanding and caring."

Surprised that even HuffyPuffy included that bit in it.

Has Barry ever had a callous on his hands his whole life? I'd be curious to know because I don't think he ever did any kind of manual labor. Am I wrong? Photo ops like this one don't really impress me very much, Dick. I think we both know that shovel didn't stay in Barack Obama's hands very long.

I'm sure we'll see Barry go down, roll up his sleeves, and start helping people clean up the rubble, right?

He doesn't think himself above doing the work needed to help his fellow Americans.

He's a saint!!! Saint Obama wasn't doing that for a photo op at all :lol::lol::lol::lol:

He also encouraged hundreds of volunteers to come and help load the sandbags back in 2008. I wouldn't call that sainthood, but it shows someone who actually gives a damn about his fellow Americans. What did Romney do?

Has Barry ever had a callous on his hands his whole life? I'd be curious to know because I don't think he ever did any kind of manual labor. Am I wrong? Photo ops like this one don't really impress me very much, Dick. I think we both know that shovel didn't stay in Barack Obama's hands very long.

I'm sure he got a callus or two while working the only private sector job he has ever held at Baskin Robbins, that isn't soft serve ice cream ya know. :eusa_drool:

Surprised that even HuffyPuffy included that bit in it.

Just gonna keep bumping this up.

:thup:

He's a saint!!! Saint Obama wasn't doing that for a photo op at all :lol::lol::lol::lol:

He also encouraged hundreds of volunteers to come and help load the sandbags back in 2008. I wouldn't call that sainthood, but it shows someone who actually gives a damn about his fellow Americans. What did Romney do?

"Show Me Your Budget And I Will Tell You What You Value" - Joe Biden

Candidate Romney more generous than Obama, Biden | WashingtonExaminer.com

The fact that you are some full of hatred and animosity that you haven't taken the time to look into the charitable actions of Romney, who has dedicated a considerable amount of his time in assisting others, before proclaiming that Obama has done more for those less fortunate shows two things

A] you are incredibly uninformed and haven't a clue about either Romney or Obama's past (particularly the latter)

and

B] you are blindly and hopelessly partisan

I'm sure he got a callus or two while working the only private sector job he has ever held at Baskin Robbins, that isn't soft serve ice cream ya know. :eusa_drool:

Kind of a dream job for a stoner...not too much work...not too much thought...and stuff to eat.

Bump it all you want, but it doesn't change the OP one little bit. Romney said what he said...

Oh, the horror. You support Biden, and this 'gaffe' is groundbreaking to you? :lol:

I can see November from my porch, and this pathetic strategy of the left is not going to hold water.

You can tell a lot about a politician's "actual" concern for his fellow citizens by going back and looking at how much of his time was volunteered and how much of his money was donated to charity BEFORE he got into politics and how much he contributed AFTER when he knew it would be scrutinized. I'm willing to bet that there is a HUGE difference in how much cash was coming out of Barry's pocket for charity before he started thinking about national office and how much was coming out AFTER.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back