Holy toledo!!!! Numbers coming in 52% Leave 48% Remain

So....now all the Muslims staying in England with passports from Greece or Turkey....can be kicked the fuck out!!!

Hey Merkel....open wide bitch....Old England has some camel jockeys coming your way!!

Muppet, Turkey aren't in the EU...

They is also the problem that UK has a huge expat community all over Europe...

One of the reasons the Yankees used to stockpile pitching and hitting talent when they were already loaded was that they knew that if Roger Clemens of Mike Mussina were playing for Toronto or Baltimore, their hitters would have to face them. Now that London has left the EU, they have more first-world competitors who have no respect for the strength of the Pound moving forward.

Although strategically it makes sense for Europe to include Turkey (for many reasons that participants here would probably blow a gasket over, so we won't go into it), it would be difficult, if not impossible, to show European public approval for Turkey's entry. In France, for example, it is a non-starter in conversation.

Ireland will just have to find other sources of income than relying on just being another money laundering haven for international organized crime, that's all.

So France, Holland, Italy and Denmark now all calling for a vote to leave the EU.

Good stuff, let us get this Domino show on the road.

Although strategically it makes sense for Europe to include Turkey (for many reasons that participants here would probably blow a gasket over, so we won't go into it), it would be difficult, if not impossible, to show European public approval for Turkey's entry. In France, for example, it is a non-starter in conversation.

The majority of Europa doesn't want Turkey in the EU, they've never belonged in Europa ever, period.

The majority of Europa doesn't want Turkey in the EU, they've never belonged in Europa ever, period.

You must have some point in using 'Europa' as a term.

Huh? Europa IS Europa, I'm from Mitteleuropa.

I'm not understanding your comment.

You write surprisingly well for English not being your first language, so sometimes it is easy to forget.
Notice that the forum title is 'Europe', the English term for the geo-political area. I thought perhaps you were using 'Europa' as some kind of statement.

You write surprisingly well for English not being your first language, so sometimes it is easy to forget.
Notice that the forum title is 'Europe', the English term for the geo-political area. I thought perhaps you were using 'Europa' as some kind of statement.

I was taught English from the age of 8 years-old, all of my family can converse and write in English, also Slovenian, Croatian, Norwegian.

We don't ever call it Europe, it's Europa, the EU Parliament website is Europa and also the Europa League.

europa.eu

European Parliament

UEFA Europa League – UEFA.com

But if you want to be petty and obsess about such little things, that's your issue.

Europe is called Europa on the continent, after the godess Europa, who Zeus kidnapped.

And here we see the idiocy of democracies – where ignorance, fear, and bigotry are the deciding factors concerning significant issues, as opposed to facts and the truth.

We Americans should be thankful we’re not subject to such capricious fear and stupidity.

"The idiocy of democracies".

Wow, that leaves me nearly speechless.

By chance are you the son of a dictator ?

Europe is called Europa on the continent, after the godess Europa, who Zeus kidnapped.
That isn't the case in France at least, but whatever. Of course, I am aware of where the name comes from.

Stocks down 5%-10% in Europe. Bank stocks down 20%.

It would not surprise me if, once cooler heads realize that very little has changed, that trade turns virtually straight up.

It was already declining, so I wouldn't say it will make any dramatic rises, but it will rise back up to its former level it dropped from, at least. The 'problem' will affect the Med countries most, as it will diminish the piggy bank available to them to buy goods from Germany and France is all, i.e. the 'rich' countries' peasants subsidizing them while the banks and multi-nationals pocket the profits.

Last edited:
With the fragility and exposure so widespread in the markets, this could be a serious blow.

With the fragility and exposure so widespread in the markets, this could be a serious blow.

The EU isn't going to quit trading with the UK, and the UK isn't going to quit trading with the EU; it will cause a short term uncertainty, sure, but it won't dramatically affect either. That doesn't preclude the other bricks waiting to fall out there causing damage, of course..

The EU isn't going to quit trading with the UK, and the UK isn't going to quit trading with the EU; it will cause a short term uncertainty, sure, but it won't dramatically affect either. That doesn't preclude the other bricks waiting to fall out there causing damage, of course..

The EU already announced that they'd negotiate a trade agreement with the UK if "leave" prevailed.

And here we see the idiocy of democracies – where ignorance, fear, and bigotry are the deciding factors concerning significant issues, as opposed to facts and the truth.

We Americans should be thankful we’re not subject to such capricious fear and stupidity.
Dear C_Clayton_Jones
As many would say the same except blaming people like you for the problem with biased agenda that excludes others and rejects truth and reason.

As many ppl argue we ARE fighting against fear and stupidity that is corrupting our democratic republic, again because of ppl like you.

I'd much rather see both sides correct the problems instead of merely blaming someone else and doing nothing. Maybe the US will see similar reforms when more states join together in standing up for Constitutional checks on govt. And unite in ending the trends of political parties pushing biased beliefs on a federal level. We don't have to agree which beliefs we are for or against to demand equal protection and no taxation without representation.

I hope we follow this example and start saying no to federal policies that don't represent the consent of the people affected, and the taxpayers footing the bill.

Forum List

Back