Holy Mary, Mother of God - Boehner loses his ever-loving mind

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
I should be grateful. I know he's throwing the election. But it's like watching a train wreck.

Taxmageddon sparks rising anxiety - The Washington Post

In the meantime, political leaders are focused less on finding solutions than on drawing lines in the sand. In a speech Tuesday, House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) plans to address the issue of national debt, which will once again be nearing its legal limit in January, just as the tax hikes and spending cuts are due to hit.

According to advance remarks provided to The Post, Boehner will insist that any increase in the debt limit be accompanied by spending “cuts and reforms greater than the debt limit increase” — the same demand that pushed the Treasury to the brink of default during last summer’s debt-limit standoff.

“This is the only avenue I see right now to force the elected leadership of this country to solve our structural fiscal imbalance,” Boehner plans to say at the Peter G. Peterson Foundation fiscal summit. “If that means we have to do a series of stop-gap measures, so be it.”

Last week, the House approved a plan to protect the Pentagon in January by reconfiguring $110 billion in across-the-board spending cuts — known as “sequestration” — so they would fall exclusively on domestic programs, such as food stamps and health care for the poor.

The present GOP is entirely in the thrall of the military-industrial complex. And they care absolutely nothing about the citizens that have been so damaged economically by the debacle created by their de-regulation of the banking industry.

I guess hes trying to distract for the lies about the pipeline that has him in trouble

According to advance remarks provided to The Post, Boehner will insist that any increase in the debt limit be accompanied by spending “cuts and reforms greater than the debt limit increase”

How DARE he try to be fiscally responsible!

How is that fiscally responsible? The debts are owed. It is not fiscally responsible to refuse to honor the debts.

And since the debt ceiling was raised o so very many times on Bush's watch - why was he not refused.

How is that fiscally responsible? The debts are owed. It is not fiscally responsible to refuse to honor the debts.

And since the debt ceiling was raised o so very many times on Bush's watch - why was he not refused.

Where in there did he say we weren't going to pay the debt? He was saying that the DEBT LIMIT shouldn't be raised unless we cut spending.

Where in there did he say we weren't going to pay the debt? He was saying that the DEBT LIMIT shouldn't be raised unless we cut spending.

And what happens if it's not lifted? .... We don't honor our debts. Exactly.

So he wants fiscal responsibility so he's losing his mind? Have we really come to this?

Do you really think it's a good idea to spend more than you take in?

What I saw was someone being the adult in the room. Speaking of losing their ever loving mind, has Reid passed a budget yet?

Yes he was...and fiscally so. He knows the problem is spending and addressed it properly. The Democrats are Hell-bent on taking us down the path of the EU or bust.

I think you mean "the EU and bust".

I sit here and am corrected my friend. :eusa_shifty: :)

Bohner is addressing the real issues facing this country, spending. Increasing the debt limit is necessary, increasing the debt is not.

There is a difference in paying what is owed and owing more, spending cuts need to be addressed and this is the only way Republicans can get a reaction from the left.

It's the economy and jobs, spending and debt is driving the economy and destroying jobs.

Bohner is addressing the real issues facing this country, spending. Increasing the debt limit is necessary, increasing the debt is not.

There is a difference in paying what is owed and owing more, spending cuts need to be addressed and this is the only way Republicans can get a reaction from the left.

It's the economy and jobs, spending and debt is driving the economy and destroying jobs.

But what the OP fears is the Free ride far too many are getting is in jepoardy. And this is the premise of the OP.

Forum List

Back