The Chicago Method of Politics

naturegirl

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2011
NW Georgia
I grew up in Chicago Politics, without giving too much away I'll say I got to see the Daley Machine in progress.

Here's how it works...........The guy that wants to get elected says all the right things, his past is clean or well hidden, he's out in the public often, he's usually a good speaker and is capable of selling ice cubes to Eskimos.

Now here's the background...........a huge team of people are being paid to dig up dirt on opponents, people that might hurt the candidate could easily disappear, they are silenced with threats to people they love all the while the guy running is sitting back looking at the results of the crap being thrown out there. He runs on the stuff that seems to stick and blames others if the reaction is negative. He never gets his hands dirty, that's someone else's job.

Problem is, America is not Chicago. Mistakes are being made and missteps are being taken. Now let's see who's next to be thrown under the bus. I'm guessing it will be Holder.

I didn't as much as grow up in Chicago politics as I did intrigued by them thanks to stumbling upon columnist Mike Royko who had a very unique way of keeping readers aware of the many machinations of corruption, waste, fraud, etc. that was the very essence of the ruling Daley Machine. That naturally led to an interest in the history of Chicago pols, so I also read up on previous political powerhouses like Big Bill Thompson and others.

Chicago certainly didn't invent the dirty in dirty politics, but they most definitely honed it to an exact science. Their creed should be, "The Ends Always Justify The Means." It all comes down to power and money, and the natives have chicken or egged that debate for a long time. But the bottom line on it to me is either one will bring you more of the other and eventually both.

So yea, that was a pretty short synopsis, but they have honed it to perfection. The bribes and pay offs are a way of life, greasing someone's palm doesn't mean they're putting on hand lotion. LOL

I find it quite interesting that after 30 years I see the same things playing out in DC as I did back then. Don't think for a minute Obama will get his hands dirty, he's always got someone else to throw back the troubles on. Sandra Fluke and Hillary Rosen come to mind as recent sacrifices.

Scares me that people find stuff like this OK, I certainly don't.

Forum List

Back