Holy Mary, Mother of God - Boehner loses his ever-loving mind

And of course the right went on to say that the downgrade was meaningless. But it was Obama's fault anyway! And not honoring our debts is no big deal. But he fucked up!!

Talking out both sides of your mouth AND your ass? That takes real talent.

And Romney would know all about that one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUzEJiFpmsQ]Mitt Romney Flip Flop Collection - A Hilarious Video Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

I should be grateful. I know he's throwing the election. But it's like watching a train wreck.

Taxmageddon sparks rising anxiety - The Washington Post

In the meantime, political leaders are focused less on finding solutions than on drawing lines in the sand. In a speech Tuesday, House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) plans to address the issue of national debt, which will once again be nearing its legal limit in January, just as the tax hikes and spending cuts are due to hit.

According to advance remarks provided to The Post, Boehner will insist that any increase in the debt limit be accompanied by spending “cuts and reforms greater than the debt limit increase” — the same demand that pushed the Treasury to the brink of default during last summer’s debt-limit standoff.

“This is the only avenue I see right now to force the elected leadership of this country to solve our structural fiscal imbalance,” Boehner plans to say at the Peter G. Peterson Foundation fiscal summit. “If that means we have to do a series of stop-gap measures, so be it.”

Last week, the House approved a plan to protect the Pentagon in January by reconfiguring $110 billion in across-the-board spending cuts — known as “sequestration” — so they would fall exclusively on domestic programs, such as food stamps and health care for the poor.

I hate to point out the obvious here, but it was not the attempt to cut spending that pushed us to the brink of default, it was the complete refusal of the Democrats or the Republicans to actually cut spending.

I should be grateful. I know he's throwing the election. But it's like watching a train wreck.

In the meantime, political leaders are focused less on finding solutions than on drawing lines in the sand. In a speech Tuesday, House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) plans to address the issue of national debt, which will once again be nearing its legal limit in January, just as the tax hikes and spending cuts are due to hit.

According to advance remarks provided to The Post, Boehner will insist that any increase in the debt limit be accompanied by spending “cuts and reforms greater than the debt limit increase” — the same demand that pushed the Treasury to the brink of default during last summer’s debt-limit standoff.

“This is the only avenue I see right now to force the elected leadership of this country to solve our structural fiscal imbalance,” Boehner plans to say at the Peter G. Peterson Foundation fiscal summit. “If that means we have to do a series of stop-gap measures, so be it.”

Last week, the House approved a plan to protect the Pentagon in January by reconfiguring $110 billion in across-the-board spending cuts — known as “sequestration” — so they would fall exclusively on domestic programs, such as food stamps and health care for the poor.

I hate to point out the obvious here, but it was not the attempt to cut spending that pushed us to the brink of default, it was the complete refusal of the Democrats or the Republicans to actually cut spending.

They agreed to cut spending. The 'other side' refused to match it with revenue.

Yup.

They both talk a lot but nothing ever gets cut.

They need to make cuts across the board. Everything should be on the table.

And when we get downgraded again? Y'all going to blame Obama, like last time?

Rhetorical, of course.

Here is a rhetorical question in response to your rhetorical question. If Obama manages to get reelected with his bad record, who will he blame everything on after being President for 4 years?

What did he do this time? Call for a balanced budget and a little bit of sanity?

Rhetorical, of course.

Here is a rhetorical question in response to your rhetorical question. If Obama manages to get reelected with his bad record, who will he blame everything on after being President for 4 years?

The Blame Bush and Republicans mantra will continue...

They agreed to cut spending. The 'other side' refused to match it with revenue.

Wow, two lies in less than 15 words. Good job.

1. Spending cuts were never on the table. Even Ryan's budget increases actual spending by over $1 trillion a year. The entire debate was about how much to increase spending, not how much to cut it.
  2. The Republicans did agree to tax increases. There was an actual deal worked out, and the only thing left to do was for Boehner to sell it to the Tea Party types in the House. Then Obama, being a political hack at heart, decided to demand more tax hikes in order to not be seen as caving to the Republicans again.
The problem is neither side is actually talking about cutting spending. once we get that far I will be happy to throw in some talk about raising taxes, until then, both sides can frack themselves.

Is Bill Clinton out of his ever loving mind?

Clinton called for immediate passage of a deficit-reduction plan, triggered to take effect when the economy meets growth benchmarks.

"What I would like to see them do is what Simpson-Bowles said. Simpson-Bowles said, 'Pass our plan.' I'd like to even see them take more out of the deficit more quickly than Simpson-Bowles.

But they said, 'Pass our plan, but trigger it when there is clearly growth,'" Clinton said.

"Because you won't have to convince anybody to do it then, because as soon as there's real growth back in this economy, with all this public debt out there that has to be financed, interest rates will go through the roof, the cost of financing the deficit will be staggering, and the private sector will be screaming for affordable credit."

Bill Clinton Advises Obama to Talk More About Deficit Reduction - Yahoo! News

You are just realizing that?:confused:

Sure lets pretend this is about fiscal responsibility and not about making sure the Pentagon never receives one red cent less than before. We need more bombs and if that means more people go hungry then hey, make 'em a tomahawk missle sandwich

I agree with you. There is absolutely no reason why we can't trim military spending as well.

So they want to undo a deal they brokered..

Nice.

:eusa_shifty:

Rhetorical, of course.

Fiscal responsibility is something that favors well with rating agencies...

You're failing with this thread...

What was fiscally responsible about mortgage backed derivatives?

Or did the S&P just :teehee: make a small mistake on that..you know..like JP Morgan and their little 2 billion dollar mistake.

Opps.

Rhetorical, of course.

Fiscal responsibility is something that favors well with rating agencies...

You're failing with this thread...

What was fiscally responsible about mortgage backed derivatives?

Or did the S&P just :teehee: make a small mistake on that..you know..like JP Morgan and their little 2 billion dollar mistake.

Opps.

So you're saying rating agencies don't care about entities showing fiscal responsibility?

"JP Morgan is one of the best-managed Banks there is." -- Barry 0bama

:teehee: indeed...

Rhetorical, of course.

Look, you do realize that Obama's record is the result of trying to fix what took Bush 8 years to break. We were heading to the worse depression ever and thanks to Obama we are in a recession and recovering. Obama has performed a miracle with the check bood he go from Bush. I do not know where to began to tell you what Obama has done to get the fucking wreck our of the ditch. But maybe this can give you some idea if you can handle it because it is not failure as expected and hoped for. I am just going to name a few but you can google and get the full picture.
The stimulus created and saved almost 4 million job. If it didn't, what the fuck did states do with the billions they got?
OBL is dead and General Motors is alive.
Many are helped by Affordable Health Care Act. (obamacare)
He has stopped more illegals from crossing. Deported more than ever.
He ended the war in Iraq,. saving thousands of lives.
We have had three years of continuous job creation. Unemployment is down.
He has mended relations with countries Bush has trashed.

President Obama’s accomplishments | | The Political CarnivalThe Political Carnival

Obama's Achievements Center

Forum List

Back