Hogg and the rest of the gun grabbing students are a perfect example of what is wrong with humanity.

I can never remember in my own lifetime or in any of the history of the US I have read since I was in elementary school a time where people marched to beg the government to take away any rights but it's happening today.

What does that tell you abut the future of this country?

You are joking right?

Maybe you can tell me the last time people marched to have a Constitutionally guaranteed right taken away
Well, it wasn’t last Saturday – none of the participants in that march advocated for ‘taking away’ a Constitutional right.

And rights can’t be ‘taken away’ – the notion is as ignorant as it is wrong.

Rights can be limited or regulated consistent with Constitutional case law, but not ‘taken away’ because our rights are inalienable.

With regard to limiting or regulating the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment, none of the measures the student marchers seek to be enacted have been invalidated by the Supreme Court, measures perfectly consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence, measures that in now way ‘take away’ a Constitutional right.

This post is yet another lie from the right, and yet another example of the ignorance of the law common to most conservatives.
So you didn't see the ban guns signs

I sure as hell did

And yes our rights can be taken away. If the second amendment is repealed we will have our right to keep and bear arms stripped from us.

Don't be so naive
What scares you the most, David Hogg or signs carried by teenagers.

You really think everyone marching was a teenager?

I repeat don't be so naive

Is he wrong? Or is it just that with age and "experience" people see the futility in fighting the system any more. Or they just get lazy?
Yes, he is wrong. People see weakness and attack period. If one person has a gun and you do not you have zero say in your future, that is the way it is. That is human nature. You want to give up your ability to defend your self bad things will happen. These are the natural laws we face. We are animals and there has been an arms race from the beginning it will never stop. To think it will is folley. Every animal in the animal kingdom follows the same rules you can not ignore them.

And I could point out many ways in which you are wrong.

You're basically trying to take civilization backwards in time, in order to fit your view of the world.

The US is the least safe first world country.

It has the highest prison population of first world countries.
It has the highest gun ownership of first world countries.
It has the highest wealth gap of first world countries.

What you're telling me isn't based on facts, or reality, but on some twisted view you have in your head that you're unwilling to see is plain wrong.
.Your stats are the very reason this is the safest nation in the world. Duh. Better to have criminals locked up instead of running around lose like that numbskull Jerry Brown out in California is doing for them.

Is it April Fool's Day already? You must be in Australia.

The US has the highest murder rate of any first world country.... think about it before you talk complete and utter nonsense.
The cost of freedom is high, and if you don't want to live here, then you know what you can do right ?? Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

The problem with your argument is that you think you're more free than people in other countries with less guns.

You're not.

Human Freedom Index

US gets 8.39 on the Cato Human Freedom Index.

Canada 8.54
Norway 8.57
Sweden 8.48
Finland 8.58
UK 8.55
Ireland 8.68
Germany 8.48
Switzerland 8.89
Austria 8.52
Australia 8.60

Okay, the US is ahead of Spain, Portugal, France and some Eastern European countries, Africa, Asia and Latin America. Wow. But is BEHIND many countries which don't have guns as the last resort.

2017 World Press Freedom Index | Reporters Without Borders

Press freedom.

The US is 43rd in the world. Hardly amazing, is it?

For politics, the US has two political parties who control everything. Negative voting is the way many people vote. You end up with presidential candidates most people don't want then pretend they like.

Come off it.

You hide behind your guns as if to say "nah, we don't need to protect our freedom, we have guns for when the shit hits the fan", but the shit hits the fan ALL THE TIME and you do nothing about it.

Yes, he is wrong. People see weakness and attack period. If one person has a gun and you do not you have zero say in your future, that is the way it is. That is human nature. You want to give up your ability to defend your self bad things will happen. These are the natural laws we face. We are animals and there has been an arms race from the beginning it will never stop. To think it will is folley. Every animal in the animal kingdom follows the same rules you can not ignore them.

You're basically trying to take civilization backwards in time, in order to fit your view of the world.

What you're telling me isn't based on facts, or reality, but on some twisted view you have in your head that you're unwilling to see is plain wrong.
.Your stats are the very reason this is the safest nation in the world. Duh. Better to have criminals locked up instead of running around lose like that numbskull Jerry Brown out in California is doing for them.

The US has the highest murder rate of any first world country.... think about it before you talk complete and utter nonsense.
The cost of freedom is high, and if you don't want to live here, then you know what you can do right ?? Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

The problem with your argument is that you think you're more free than people in other countries with less guns.

You're not.

Human Freedom Index

Canada 8.54
Norway 8.57
Sweden 8.48
Finland 8.58
UK 8.55
Ireland 8.68
Germany 8.48
Switzerland 8.89
Austria 8.52
Australia 8.60

Okay, the US is ahead of Spain, Portugal, France and some Eastern European countries, Africa, Asia and Latin America. Wow. But is BEHIND many countries which don't have guns as the last resort.

Press freedom.

For politics, the US has two political parties who control everything. Negative voting is the way many people vote. You end up with presidential candidates most people don't want then pretend they like.

Come off it.

You hide behind your guns as if to say "nah, we don't need to protect our freedom, we have guns for when the shit hits the fan", but the shit hits the fan ALL THE TIME and you do nothing about it.
What are the individual scores in each of the categories?

• Rule of Law
  • Security and Safety
  • Movement
  • Religion
  • Association, Assembly, and Civil Society
  • Expression and Information
  • Identity and Relationships
  • Size of Government
  • Legal System and Property Rights
  • Access to Sound Money
  • Freedom to Trade Internationally
  • Regulation of Credit, Labor, and Business
If you bothered to look into the numbers you would see it's the size of our government that is a major factor in bringing down our score

Last edited:
Guns did none of what you are quoting. A gun is an inanimate object. people did what you are talking about. Cause and effect fallacy. How ever if I have a gun and you do not and we are in an argument, I win period. If you want to trust your safety and your care on others, you are going to be sorely disappoiinted. We the people elected representatives that thought private prisons was a good idea. We put proffit in prisons. Guns did not do that. Now we have a duley elected governent in which you want to have all the guns all ready puting more people in prison than any where on earth and have shown they are willing to incarcerate you for money.; You are willing for these same people to be your safety net and they are going to protect you. You are going to give them your guns and they now make your decissions for you. You now have no guns and no where to turn but the same peop[le that brought you all of the above. Great plan buddy.

Guns in the hands of humans make humans much more effective killers.

You can post all the crap you like about how guns are inanimate objects, but it doesn't stop the fact that humans with guns are more dangerous and will use them.

Hence why the US has a murder rate 4 to 5 times higher than most first world countries.
Blah,blah,blah. You want to give up some thing that makes you equal wqith the bad guys good luck. They will not take my gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not make a living in crime. The crimnal alll ready does not care about law he will give it up never! We still have the problem that guns caused none of what you quoted and you still want to give them to the people that did. Futher more what happened to the american indian? They did not have guns and we did ! How did that turn out for them. Does a gun make me a more effective killer? You bet! It also allows me to stand against another killer. If people wewre noit ass holes we would not have these issues. You can not regulate assholes away any more than guns. You have a simple view of the world. You want to give all of your guns away that is fine, you have no right to make me as stupid and defensless as you. Do to my job, I have to some times be in some pretty bad areas and would not be here to day if it were not for my fire arm.

And that's what it boils down to, isn't it? You want your guns and you will do ANYTHING to make sure you keep them.

You'll ignore reality.

To get the guns, you’ll ignore reality, history, logic, and even natural law. Plants struggle for dominance to survive. Animals struggle to survive. Plants adapt and try to find a way to win the evolutionary struggle, to survive against a more prolific species of plant. Animals adapt to defend themselves. Turtles developed a hard shell that was nearly impenetrable by predators. Puffer Fish swell to appear larger, to frighten predators away, and are poisonous to make sure the predator does not profit from the kill.

Cats, rats, dogs, and hogs. All of them fight to survive. Humanity is the only species that honestly believes that self defense, the ability to defend oneself, is a problem.

I can study for years and become an expert knife fighter. I can study the techniques, developed the skills necessary to defeat a Navy Seal in a knife fight. I would certainly defeat the average person, and kill them with impunity. That average person can easily negate all my training with one thing, a gun.

I can face a black belt martial artist, and defend myself successfully. I can face a man hopped up on drugs, to the point where no amount of pain compliance will stop him, and defend myself. A woman who weighs 110 lbs soaking wet can defend herself against a 225 pound weight lifter. Talk about the literal definition of no means no.

While walking in my woods, I can kill a rattlesnake before it harms my pets, or my self, or the others in my rural areas. I can kill a coyote, and we have those here, or a wild boar. I can take on animals that would otherwise have a great advantage over me that nature has provided. An unarmed man versus a boar is what we call a meal, the boar will kill the man. Even a man armed with a club or other basic weapon is at a severe disadvantage.

But a man with a gun, or a woman, has at least a good chance of coming out alive. Or of saving their children.

The gun is a tool. A hammer drives nails, and has been used through history to smash skulls. It breaks rocks, and bones. A saw was used to cut wood, or by doctors to cut bones during amputations. Doctor Mengala used the saw to cut into living people, to see what he could find.

The hammer is not evil, nor is the saw. Neither is the gun evil. It is a tool, the great equalizer according to Sam Colt. The police can not guarantee your safety. They can perhaps catch the person who raped, or robbed, or murdered you. I say perhaps because many, if not most crimes go unsolved, including murders.

You believe civilization means we don’t have a need to have that silly Wild West mentality of armed defense. Yet, the Wild West just wasn’t all that wild. Most people who emigrated West were veterans of the Civil War. A man who faced the line at Shiloh was not likely to be all that impressed by a yahoo with a pistol. He had already seen much much worse.

The outlaws who were lionized and became legendary were few and far between. The truth is that the world is far more dangerous today, in the civilized sections. The only difference, the Doctor might actually save your life. It wasn’t until the Civil War that Doctors started to learn that bacteria might actually be killing people. So they began the outrages practice of washing up between patients. Oh and washing the wound out with Whiskey.

Perhaps one day the world will be civilized, and weapons won’t be a tool needed to protect and defend. Even then, I would argue for the rights of Gun Owners. Because civilized today, does not mean civilized tomorrow. Civil Order lasted less than three days in New Orleans during Katrina. The cops just left. They stole cars and left. You believe that if we remove the tool, the nature of man will change. That denies what man is, an animal just like those above, struggling to survive.

Basically you think we live in an uncivilized world.

Well, you people are working your hardest to make it an uncivilized world.

You want to take away education so that all that is left is Neanderthal.

I get it, I don't get why you'd want that, but I get that this is what you want.
Who is making this nation uncivilized ??? Better guess again, because your education is lacking badly. There is a fix for that, and it's for you to go back to elementary school or how about you watching more of the Andy Griffith shows (that ought to do it). Pay close attention to the episode where the young boy was riding his bike on the side walk until Andy impounded it. That's what we need to do with the bad guy's gun's (the same that was done with the bike), while leaving the good guy's gun's and rights alone. Barney even had one bullet, but he was a good guy so that bullet became rusty along with his gun. LOL

Guns in the hands of humans make humans much more effective killers.

You can post all the crap you like about how guns are inanimate objects, but it doesn't stop the fact that humans with guns are more dangerous and will use them.

Hence why the US has a murder rate 4 to 5 times higher than most first world countries.
Blah,blah,blah. You want to give up some thing that makes you equal wqith the bad guys good luck. They will not take my gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not make a living in crime. The crimnal alll ready does not care about law he will give it up never! We still have the problem that guns caused none of what you quoted and you still want to give them to the people that did. Futher more what happened to the american indian? They did not have guns and we did ! How did that turn out for them. Does a gun make me a more effective killer? You bet! It also allows me to stand against another killer. If people wewre noit ass holes we would not have these issues. You can not regulate assholes away any more than guns. You have a simple view of the world. You want to give all of your guns away that is fine, you have no right to make me as stupid and defensless as you. Do to my job, I have to some times be in some pretty bad areas and would not be here to day if it were not for my fire arm.

And that's what it boils down to, isn't it? You want your guns and you will do ANYTHING to make sure you keep them.

You'll ignore reality.

To get the guns, you’ll ignore reality, history, logic, and even natural law. Plants struggle for dominance to survive. Animals struggle to survive. Plants adapt and try to find a way to win the evolutionary struggle, to survive against a more prolific species of plant. Animals adapt to defend themselves. Turtles developed a hard shell that was nearly impenetrable by predators. Puffer Fish swell to appear larger, to frighten predators away, and are poisonous to make sure the predator does not profit from the kill.

Cats, rats, dogs, and hogs. All of them fight to survive. Humanity is the only species that honestly believes that self defense, the ability to defend oneself, is a problem.

I can study for years and become an expert knife fighter. I can study the techniques, developed the skills necessary to defeat a Navy Seal in a knife fight. I would certainly defeat the average person, and kill them with impunity. That average person can easily negate all my training with one thing, a gun.

I can face a black belt martial artist, and defend myself successfully. I can face a man hopped up on drugs, to the point where no amount of pain compliance will stop him, and defend myself. A woman who weighs 110 lbs soaking wet can defend herself against a 225 pound weight lifter. Talk about the literal definition of no means no.

While walking in my woods, I can kill a rattlesnake before it harms my pets, or my self, or the others in my rural areas. I can kill a coyote, and we have those here, or a wild boar. I can take on animals that would otherwise have a great advantage over me that nature has provided. An unarmed man versus a boar is what we call a meal, the boar will kill the man. Even a man armed with a club or other basic weapon is at a severe disadvantage.

But a man with a gun, or a woman, has at least a good chance of coming out alive. Or of saving their children.

The gun is a tool. A hammer drives nails, and has been used through history to smash skulls. It breaks rocks, and bones. A saw was used to cut wood, or by doctors to cut bones during amputations. Doctor Mengala used the saw to cut into living people, to see what he could find.

The hammer is not evil, nor is the saw. Neither is the gun evil. It is a tool, the great equalizer according to Sam Colt. The police can not guarantee your safety. They can perhaps catch the person who raped, or robbed, or murdered you. I say perhaps because many, if not most crimes go unsolved, including murders.

You believe civilization means we don’t have a need to have that silly Wild West mentality of armed defense. Yet, the Wild West just wasn’t all that wild. Most people who emigrated West were veterans of the Civil War. A man who faced the line at Shiloh was not likely to be all that impressed by a yahoo with a pistol. He had already seen much much worse.

The outlaws who were lionized and became legendary were few and far between. The truth is that the world is far more dangerous today, in the civilized sections. The only difference, the Doctor might actually save your life. It wasn’t until the Civil War that Doctors started to learn that bacteria might actually be killing people. So they began the outrages practice of washing up between patients. Oh and washing the wound out with Whiskey.

Perhaps one day the world will be civilized, and weapons won’t be a tool needed to protect and defend. Even then, I would argue for the rights of Gun Owners. Because civilized today, does not mean civilized tomorrow. Civil Order lasted less than three days in New Orleans during Katrina. The cops just left. They stole cars and left. You believe that if we remove the tool, the nature of man will change. That denies what man is, an animal just like those above, struggling to survive.

Basically you think we live in an uncivilized world.

Well, you people are working your hardest to make it an uncivilized world.

You want to take away education so that all that is left is Neanderthal.

I get it, I don't get why you'd want that, but I get that this is what you want.
Who is making this nation uncivilized ??? Better guess again, because your education is lacking badly. There is a fix for that, and it's for you to go back to elementary school or how about you watching more of the Andy Griffith shows (that ought to do it). Pay close attention to the episode where the young boy was riding his bike on the side walk until Andy impounded it. That's what we need to do with the bad guy's gun's (the same that was done with the bike), while leaving the good guy's gun's and rights alone. Barney even had one bullet, but he was a good guy so that bullet became rusty along with his gun. LOL

Oh yeah, go to the sort of elementary school most of the people on this board went to. That'll "re-educate" me in a similar vein to how the Soviets and Chinese "re-educated" people, hey?

You're not providing evidence, you're just talking, and it doesn't make much sense to me.

You're not.

Human Freedom Index

Canada 8.54
Norway 8.57
Sweden 8.48
Finland 8.58
UK 8.55
Ireland 8.68
Germany 8.48
Switzerland 8.89
Austria 8.52
Australia 8.60

Press freedom.

Come off it.

Yeah the crap hits the fan sometimes, but when it does it's quickly put down or defended against. Your problem is that you didn't have to live through the periods in which led to the very freedom and rights that we have today, but it was hoped that your education would have taught you these things, but undoubtedly you slept through class or figured that you knew more than those who were teaching you. I'm going with the latter. LOL

You're not.

Human Freedom Index

Canada 8.54
Norway 8.57
Sweden 8.48
Finland 8.58
UK 8.55
Ireland 8.68
Germany 8.48
Switzerland 8.89
Austria 8.52
Australia 8.60

Press freedom.

Come off it.

Yeah the crap hits the fan sometimes, but when it does it's quickly put down or defended against. Your problem is that you didn't have to live through the periods in which led to the very freedom and rights that we have today, but it was hoped that your education would have taught you these things, but undoubtedly you slept through class or figured that you knew more than those who were teaching you. I'm going with the latter. LOL

Yes, more talk and no substance.... you're getting quite boring you know.

Just because people fought for freedom, doesn't mean that there is enough freedom.

The US is a place where many would love to stop gay people getting married, stop people putting things into their bodies, stopping them making choices about sexual reproduction, and then shout out how free they are.

The US is not the freest country on the planet, doesn't have the freest press, has an election system which doesn't give the people what they want, or even a viable choice of who to vote for.

Look, China took over Hong Kong and say "You want democracy, well choose between these three pro-Beijing leaders, that's democracy" and the US says "that's not democracy at all. But it's MORE democracy than the US has to choose its president.

Go figure.

You can talk a lot, but you don't have any substance. Nothing. Just talk.

"The moon is made of cheese, blah blah. I know it's made of cheese, blah blah."

You're not.

Human Freedom Index

Canada 8.54
Norway 8.57
Sweden 8.48
Finland 8.58
UK 8.55
Ireland 8.68
Germany 8.48
Switzerland 8.89
Austria 8.52
Australia 8.60

Press freedom.

Come off it.

47AB1539-464D-464E-9EA9-13F0343C0CA6.jpeg

You're not.

Human Freedom Index

Canada 8.54
Norway 8.57
Sweden 8.48
Finland 8.58
UK 8.55
Ireland 8.68
Germany 8.48
Switzerland 8.89
Austria 8.52
Australia 8.60

Press freedom.

Come off it.

View attachment 185774

And what shit would make enough people get together to fight for their country?

Let's try, the soon to be winning presidential candidate says "I'll only accept the results of this election if I win"?

Pick up arms or not?

Let's try, the democratic process is a joke, the politicians are on the take and small group of very rich people are using govt as their own personal fiefdom?

Pick up arms or not?

people die at higher rates from suicide, homicide, and accidental firearm deaths in states where guns are more widely available, but don’t let facts get in the way of your talking points.

Forum List

Back