Hockey Rules

Doc Holiday

Rookie
May 7, 2004
Hockey is a real sport. Let's face it, the NFL, NBA and Major League Baseball are full of prima donnas that are nothing but a bunch of greedy arrogant assholes.

Go Flyers!

And hockey doesnt have its share of greedy arogant assholes? Thats the whole reason their in the mess they are now because they make too much money. I like hockey but the season is too long. I usually only pick it up after Football is done.

Football is America's Pasttime now. IT is the best sport. 16 games, every game counts, only play once a week and its usually on the weekend. No wonder its the most popular sport. Everyone can watch it.

After that Hockey. Playoff hockey is awesome. But they could add that intensity to the regualr season if they shortend the season to 50 games and made the playoffs only 8 teams instead of 16. That would make every game count and every game would be intense. LEss games would mean less injuries and more time you'd see the Big name guys out there. They also need to get rid of the clutching and grabbing and allow the damn players to roam free. Scoring in hockey is whats needed. Goalies are too damn good and when the fast guys can't get moving cause a defenseman is grabbing his short at the blue line, it just aint gonna happen. Gretzkys scoring title is one of those records that will never be broken and with todays hockey, its a lock.

After that it would be Baseball. Im a purist and it pains me to watch the game in its current state with babies and prima donnas running around. But occasionally you'll get a guy like Jim Thome or Billy Wagner that represents everything that is right with baseball. But unfortunately for every one of them you get 10 guys like Bobby abreu nowadays.

Basketball is dead last. Its funny. Basketball is my favorite sport to play but my least favorite to watch. Too many young kids with talent but no skill. They don't know how to play fundamental B-Ball cause they never went to college or stayed for too short a time. Once they started letting Soph, Fresh and High School kids in, the NBA went way down hill. How do you have 4 teams make the playoffs that finished under .500? Thats ridiculous. Too many kids worried about the paycheck and the shoe deal and less about the game. Then you got the LEague itself putting games on thurs nights on cable but not on Sat or Sun afternoon on network TV? Or the way they let the first round drag on for over 2 weeks. Then they always let the next round start for some teams while the previous round is still playing. Whats the deal with that? NBA is by far the worst of the major sports leagues as far as product goes.

• Banned
I can agree with the cutting the season down, I think 82 games does wear them out and make for too long a season. I do think there are some prima donna assholes (Keith Tchakuk leaps to mind right away) in hockey, but no where near as many as there are in football, basebal or basketball.

The NBA is nothing but offense, nobody plays defense anymore. It's all about padding their stats and making them look better come contract time.

Baseball is boring as hell. Even golf has more excitement then baseball these days. The only time I watch baseball is when it's World Series times. Then it gets a little exciting.

So, which team do you root for. I like the Phoenix Coyotes, cause I'm from there originally, the Philadelphia Flyers and the San Jose Sharks.

insein, I agree with your sports assessment... though I'm not sure I would shorten the hockey season. Anyway, I'm hoping for a Flyers-Flames Stanley Cup series. Screw the Lightning and screw the Sharks!

• Banned
Flyers kicked the crap of Tampa yesterday. Go Flyers!!!

San Jose is getting whacked by Calgary as we speak. It was 4-1 towards the end of the game.

The Flames destroyed the Sharks yesterday in San Jose. The Sharks looked like they weren't even in the game for the first period. So now the series is 2-0 Flames, going to Calgary for games 3-4. I say they split those two games and Calgary wins in in game 5 at San Jose.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
The Flames destroyed the Sharks yesterday in San Jose. The Sharks looked like they weren't even in the game for the first period. So now the series is 2-0 Flames, going to Calgary for games 3-4. I say they split those two games and Calgary wins in in game 5 at San Jose.

Agreed completely.:clap:

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
Hockey is a real sport. Let's face it, the NFL, NBA and Major League Baseball are full of prima donnas that are nothing but a bunch of greedy arrogant assholes.

Go Flyers!
:clap: :clap:

Although, I prefer the Rangers.

Originally posted by Jackass
NJ Devils!!!
Not the dreaded DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to go to a majority of their games. I knew one of the clock keepers.

Definitely a different crowd from the Ranger crowd! ROWDY!!

Damn are you serious!?!? You still know em? Wanna get hitched??? :D

The Devils fans are rowdy?!?!

Originally posted by Jackass
Damn are you serious!?!? You still know em? Wanna get hitched??? :D

The Devils fans are rowdy?!?!
Yes, I used to have a lot of connections with Devil games and Giants games (50 yrd line, 10 rows up).

I spent a lot of time in the Meadowlands.

I haven't spoken to him in over 9 years. It was a long time ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When comparing a Devil game to a Ranger game, yes, Rowdy!

Man..im gonna kill Jim!!! LOL

Really?? I always found the Devils games very family friendly compared to the Rangers games.

Forum List

Back