Hmmm...I thought churches didn't have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this...

It shouldn't be. Its time big government, anti-Constitution RWs got slapped down.

Get government and religion out of our private lives.

But get big government into the lives and livelihood of people you disagree with.

Fascist asshat.
Like amending a constitution to ban gay marriage...yeah...fucking hypocritical retard...

The amendment process is the right way to do it if you want to change the constitution. What you want is rule by fiat, either judical or bureaucratic, the definition of big government.
Lol...you moron...fiat....that never happened...again I suggest you go take a class on government....perhaps you may actually learn something after you've failed with this argument.

You are the reason we have courts that make sure you can't vote away a person's rights.

I seriously can't wait for you to die.

So courts don't take away rights?....LOL you're a funny little man
oh go on.....this should be amusing

I don't have the right not to have health insurance anymore do i?....here is another one i posted earlier

This is a business, not a church. It calls itself a "chapel" but it isn't. The ministers at these for-profit wedding "chapels" aren't even always religious. Oftentimes they might as well be elvis impersonators. You see chapels like this all over the Las Vegas, Nevada.

Here's what the place looks like:
Photo-5.jpg

The chapel charges $80-$102 for a marriage, plus the license fee. But your religion demands payment for sacred vows, right? Oh wait..

A great quote from the DailyBeast:

"The Hitching Post Lakeside Chapel is a for-profit business, just like the Elvis Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas that also wants to discriminate against gay couples in violation of local, state, and federal laws and deeply held principles of fairness and equality on which our country was founded. The image of an Elvis impersonator trying to claim religious exemptions should strike us all as a hunka-hunka burning crap."

And now we see the way they might go after churches...since churches charge fees...
Churches are for profit businesses?
No, but this wedding "chapel" is not a church. It is literally a for profit business and registered as such. It's like the Elvis wedding chapel in Nevada, where a guy who looks like Elvis gets paid to officiate a wedding. Except these people don't dress up like Elvis.

The exercise of their religion isn't infringed upon. Nobody is preventing them from practicing their religion.

What other laws do you think the religious should be able to ignore?

The laws shouldn't make them ignore them in the first place.

Its not up to the government to decide how people can practice their religion unless said practice causes irreparable harm, or the people work for the government.

Having to go to another wedding hall is not irreparable harm. Now if the government did it, it would be a different story.

The government isn't governing how they practice their religion, but how they run their business. You open a business, you adhere to the business laws of the locality.

They are a for profit business. They can hire someone to perform the ceremonies they have a personal religious objection to....or, they can become a church.

And again, where in the constitution does the government get the right to do this? You are not answering the question.

You keep saying things that are basically "just because" responses.

What makes you be the one who can force others adjust to your whims and desires? Especially since the service is 1) non-essential) and 2) easy to get from someone else.

where in the constitution does the government get the right to do this?

As was posted earlier the Commerce Clause of the Constitution gives the government the right to regulate commerce and stipulate that everyone must be treated equally by corporations.

If they deal in interstate commerce, you keep forgetting that part.

Are you saying that someone going to Las Vegas to get married would not be legally married in their home state? Marriages are recognized across state lines. This business is engaging in the issuance of state marriage contracts.

But get big government into the lives and livelihood of people you disagree with.

Fascist asshat.
Like amending a constitution to ban gay marriage...yeah...fucking hypocritical retard...

The amendment process is the right way to do it if you want to change the constitution. What you want is rule by fiat, either judical or bureaucratic, the definition of big government.
Lol...you moron...fiat....that never happened...again I suggest you go take a class on government....perhaps you may actually learn something after you've failed with this argument.

You are the reason we have courts that make sure you can't vote away a person's rights.

I seriously can't wait for you to die.

Amending the constitution is not voting away somes rights, it is the actual method of enshrining rights in the constitution, or of giving government explicit permission to regulate,ban or control something.

When judges make crap up, that is fiat, when bureaucrats can threaten people's livelyhood, that is fiat.

And I feel nice and healthy, so dying is a low probability.

Also, go fuck a rabid chipmunk.
none of this has happened with the judges...So...i guess we can just ignore you from now on, since the issue is basically over with.

Judges make crap up all the time, from roe v wade, to plessey v ferguson, to the dred Scott decision.

The laws shouldn't make them ignore them in the first place.

Its not up to the government to decide how people can practice their religion unless said practice causes irreparable harm, or the people work for the government.

Having to go to another wedding hall is not irreparable harm. Now if the government did it, it would be a different story.

The government isn't governing how they practice their religion, but how they run their business. You open a business, you adhere to the business laws of the locality.

They are a for profit business. They can hire someone to perform the ceremonies they have a personal religious objection to....or, they can become a church.

And again, where in the constitution does the government get the right to do this? You are not answering the question.

You keep saying things that are basically "just because" responses.

What makes you be the one who can force others adjust to your whims and desires? Especially since the service is 1) non-essential) and 2) easy to get from someone else.

where in the constitution does the government get the right to do this?

As was posted earlier the Commerce Clause of the Constitution gives the government the right to regulate commerce and stipulate that everyone must be treated equally by corporations.

If they deal in interstate commerce, you keep forgetting that part.

Are you saying that someone going to Las Vegas to get married would not be legally married in their home state? Marriages are recognized across state lines. This business is engaging in the issuance of state marriage contracts.

By that rule my a gun permit in Virginia should be valid in New York city.

Does New York accept or reject recognition of the license based on gender?

>>>>

>>>>

It bases it on who they feel like giving a weapons permit. Two people with equal records and identical prerequisites would be approved or denied on the whim of the NYPD.

THAT is violation of equal protection.

>>>>

It bases it on who they feel like giving a weapons permit. Two people with equal records and identical prerequisites would be approved or denied on the whim of the NYPD.

And if weapons permits were treated like marriage licenses, you might have a point, but they aren't. Why are you trying to bring unrelated topics into the discussion.

If my weapons permit were treated differently than yours is, you might have a point. It isn't, but my marriage license is.

If you married your 15 year old first cousin in Alabama, your license would be recognized in all 50 states. Mine isn't.

>>>>

And if weapons permits were treated like marriage licenses, you might have a point, but they aren't. Why are you trying to bring unrelated topics into the discussion.

If my weapons permit were treated differently than yours is, you might have a point. It isn't, but my marriage license is.

If you married your 15 year old first cousin in Alabama, your license would be recognized in all 50 states. Mine isn't.

If we are talking about a supposed "right" we sure as hell are talking about the same thing.

Forum List

Back