Hmmm...I thought churches didn't have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this...

If you perform commerce, you must follow the business laws of the locality in which you operate. You don't get to choose which laws you want to follow based on your personal religious beliefs. If they have such "deeply held" religious beliefs, they can become a church. (But then they wouldn't be worshiping the allmighty dollar)

So how do business laws trump constitutional rights exactly? Its funny, but the word "chuch" isn't found anywhere in the constitution, what is found is the free exercise of religion.

The exercise of their religion isn't infringed upon. Nobody is preventing them from practicing their religion.

What other laws do you think the religious should be able to ignore?

The laws shouldn't make them ignore them in the first place.

Its not up to the government to decide how people can practice their religion unless said practice causes irreparable harm, or the people work for the government.

Having to go to another wedding hall is not irreparable harm. Now if the government did it, it would be a different story.

The government isn't governing how they practice their religion, but how they run their business. You open a business, you adhere to the business laws of the locality.

They are a for profit business. They can hire someone to perform the ceremonies they have a personal religious objection to....or, they can become a church.

And again, where in the constitution does the government get the right to do this? You are not answering the question.

You keep saying things that are basically "just because" responses.

What makes you be the one who can force others adjust to your whims and desires? Especially since the service is 1) non-essential) and 2) easy to get from someone else.

where in the constitution does the government get the right to do this?

As was posted earlier the Commerce Clause of the Constitution gives the government the right to regulate commerce and stipulate that everyone must be treated equally by corporations.

Okay, you see, this is why I don't take these kinds of arguments seriously.

There are a lot more serious immorality in this society- poverty, racism, sexism - than who is having the butt sex with other dudes.

You don't gave to take it seriously, I do.

There are greater immorality issues in society. Things like Social Welfare spending, Globalism, and Affirmative Action. The LGBT community gets the wrath because they won't do the easy thing and keep their disgusting perversions in private where they belong.

You do your disgusting wife beating perversion in public?

So how do business laws trump constitutional rights exactly? Its funny, but the word "chuch" isn't found anywhere in the constitution, what is found is the free exercise of religion.

The exercise of their religion isn't infringed upon. Nobody is preventing them from practicing their religion.

What other laws do you think the religious should be able to ignore?

The laws shouldn't make them ignore them in the first place.

Its not up to the government to decide how people can practice their religion unless said practice causes irreparable harm, or the people work for the government.

Having to go to another wedding hall is not irreparable harm. Now if the government did it, it would be a different story.

The government isn't governing how they practice their religion, but how they run their business. You open a business, you adhere to the business laws of the locality.

They are a for profit business. They can hire someone to perform the ceremonies they have a personal religious objection to....or, they can become a church.

And again, where in the constitution does the government get the right to do this? You are not answering the question.

You keep saying things that are basically "just because" responses.

What makes you be the one who can force others adjust to your whims and desires? Especially since the service is 1) non-essential) and 2) easy to get from someone else.

where in the constitution does the government get the right to do this?

As was posted earlier the Commerce Clause of the Constitution gives the government the right to regulate commerce and stipulate that everyone must be treated equally by corporations.

If they deal in interstate commerce, you keep forgetting that part.

No, they weren't, and yes, they are.

Thats your wrong opinion, nothing more.

It's your opinion that is wrong, Marty.

The difference is I am not trying to use government to force my opinion on YOU. Your side is doing exactly that.
Really? Voting to amend a constitution to ban Samesex marriage is using the fucking government to force your opinion on something.
Using the courts is not forcing their opinion. Its saying you can't vote to strip people of their rights.

Jesus you people are morons. Its just embarrassing now.
Defining marriage is the job of the states you idiot...and that's what they did they defined it. get it straight

It shouldn't be. Its time big government, anti-Constitution RWs got slapped down.

Get government and religion out of our private lives.

The difference is I am not trying to use government to force my opinion on YOU. Your side is doing exactly that.
Really? Voting to amend a constitution to ban Samesex marriage is using the fucking government to force your opinion on something.
Using the courts is not forcing their opinion. Its saying you can't vote to strip people of their rights.

Defining marriage is the job of the states you idiot...and that's what they did they defined it. get it straight

It shouldn't be. Its time big government, anti-Constitution RWs got slapped down.

So you want big government to get big government out of our lives?..that's a good one:cuckoo:

But get big government into the lives and livelihood of people you disagree with.

Fascist asshat.

But get big government into the lives and livelihood of people you disagree with.

Fascist asshat.
Like amending a constitution to ban gay marriage...yeah...fucking hypocritical retard...

So you want big government to get big government out of our lives?..that's a good one:cuckoo:

Many of the conservative right wingers are progressives wanting big government to instill their cultural values.

Yeah, you guys are not small government dudes.

An amendment process is progressive government, guys, from the 13th right on until today.

Fascist asshat.
Like amending a constitution to ban gay marriage...yeah...fucking hypocritical retard...

The amendment process is the right way to do it if you want to change the constitution. What you want is rule by fiat, either judical or bureaucratic, the definition of big government.

Fascist asshat.

The amendment process is the right way to do it if you want to change the constitution. What you want is rule by fiat, either judical or bureaucratic, the definition of big government.
Lol...you moron...fiat....that never happened...again I suggest you go take a class on government....perhaps you may actually learn something after you've failed with this argument.

You are the reason we have courts that make sure you can't vote away a person's rights.

I seriously can't wait for you to die.

Fascist asshat.

Lol...you moron...fiat....that never happened...again I suggest you go take a class on government....perhaps you may actually learn something after you've failed with this argument.

You are the reason we have courts that make sure you can't vote away a person's rights.

Amending the constitution is not voting away somes rights, it is the actual method of enshrining rights in the constitution, or of giving government explicit permission to regulate,ban or control something.

When judges make crap up, that is fiat, when bureaucrats can threaten people's livelyhood, that is fiat.

And I feel nice and healthy, so dying is a low probability.

Also, go fuck a rabid chipmunk.

Fascist asshat.

Amending the constitution is not voting away somes rights, it is the actual method of enshrining rights in the constitution, or of giving government explicit permission to regulate,ban or control something.

When judges make crap up, that is fiat, when bureaucrats can threaten people's livelyhood, that is fiat.

The COTUS can CERTAINLY be used to curtail rights, 18th Amendment ring a bail? I would argue that the 16th curtailed our rights to our money as well.

Point being that an Amendment defining marriage as a man and a woman would absolutely curtail rights.

And be legal for doing so.

Fascist asshat.

none of this has happened with the judges...So...i guess we can just ignore you from now on, since the issue is basically over with.

Many of the conservative right wingers are progressives wanting big government to instill their cultural values.

Yeah, you guys are not small government dudes.
Many?.... Nah very small percentage actually

Fascist asshat.

So courts don't take away rights?....LOL you're a funny little man

Forum List

Back