Hiring plans top 12 year total

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Hiring Plans Top Layoffs By Most In 12 Years

WASHINGTON — Industry economists say the U.S. economic recovery is gaining strength, with more firms expressing positive hiring plans than in over a decade.

A new survey from the National Association for Business Economics finds that economists are more hopeful about overall economic growth, the job market and demand for companies' products and services by many measures than they have been since the start of the Great Recession.

The survey found that business decisions are now "being driven by the fundamentals of an improving economy," said Shawn DuBravac, an economist with the Consumer Electronics Association who analyzed the findings.

The number of economists who saw hiring by their firms increasing over the next six months was 42 percent, compared with 7 percent who expected to lay off workers. The NRI of 35 was the highest in the 12 years that the question has been asked.

Sorry but any attempts for the right to calim credit for this change will fall on deaf ears.

Last edited:
  • Banned
The huffington post is now an acceptable news source.

They have great ratings

Hiring Plans Top Layoffs By Most In 12 Years
WASHINGTON — Industry economists say the U.S. economic recovery is gaining strength, with more firms expressing positive hiring plans than in over a decade.
A new survey from the National Association for Business Economics finds that economists are more hopeful about overall economic growth, the job market and demand for companies' products and services by many measures than they have been since the start of the Great Recession.
The survey found that business decisions are now "being driven by the fundamentals of an improving economy," said Shawn DuBravac, an economist with the Consumer Electronics Association who analyzed the findings.
The number of economists who saw hiring by their firms increasing over the next six months was 42 percent, compared with 7 percent who expected to lay off workers. The NRI of 35 was the highest in the 12 years that the question has been asked.

Sorry but any attempts for the right to calim credit for this change will fall on deaf ears.
Let's just forget that your link is to HuffPo piece ok? I'll give you a pass on that this time. Let's just look into who NABE is ok?

The survey was done by the National Association for Business Economics. Here is their site. Take a look at who will be a guest speaker at the next conference:
NABE: National Association for Business Economics
Among the dozens of confirmed speakers include Austan Goolsbee.
Hmm, that name sounds familiar. Doesn't he work for the White House? Why yes he does!:
Chief Economist Austan Goolsbee | The White House

"Hmm, I wonder who some of the former Presidents of NABE were?"
NABE: Hall of Fame
In 2005, the Herbert Stein Public Service Award was presented to Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, who is also a past president of NABE.
So you post a survey from an organization that has failures like Austan Goolsbee speaking at it's events and was chaired by the person probably most responsible for the Federal Reserve Fractional Banking system that has brought us to the brink of bankruptcy and expect us to go along with it? :confused:

• Banned
Its what the right keeps telling us about Fox.

Yes the huffington post is now well respected as a news source.

Only right wingers pretend its not.

• Banned
National Association for Business Economics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The National Association for Business Economics (NABE) is largest international association of applied economists, strategists, academics, and policy-makers committed to the application of economics.[1] Founded in 1959, it is one of the member organizations of the Allied Social Sciences Association. According to the association's website, "NABE's mission is to provide leadership in the use and understanding of economics

My but you are trying hard to refute the good economic news for the US.

Why do you prefer to think our country is NOT improving?

These facts will not be easy fro you to ignore in the coming months.

When hiring picks up Obama's numbers will soar and the right will look very foolish in trying to claim the credit.

These facts will not be easy fro you to ignore in the coming months.
When hiring picks up Obama's numbers will soar and the right will look very foolish in trying to claim the credit.
I'm not saying hiring won't pick up. We just doubt it will do as good as you say. Ever heard of a "V Shaped Recovery" and an "L Shaped recovery"?

A "V" shaped recovery is when the economy bottoms out but then soon after picks back up quickly thus giving the appearance of a "V" in charts that track those things.

What we are experiencing now is an "L shaped recovery". The economy bottoms out, stops losing jobs but doesn't start adding jobs at a rate to get back to where we were, thus we have an "L" shaped recovery.

What Obama needs is the economy to experience a "V" shaped recovery to pay for his ObamaCare. 6-8% is needed (those are CBO numbers), we're getting what, 1.2%? That shit aint gonna' work no matter how you cook the books.

Tell us TM what economic initiative has Obama and the democrats tabled that would make anyone think an "V" shaped recovery is coming? All you can say is "Stimulus Spending" and how did that work? It didn't.

And now, the Dear Reader is gonna' get up in front of the nation tomorrow and say that we need Stimulus II. Only he won't call it that, he'll call it "Investments".

I don't give a fuck if Obama is popular or not. I've already said in other threads that if the economy starts to boom again and if he cuts' our deficit and national debt I'll vote for him in 2012. I don't care who get's the credit.

When you gonna' learn?

My comments were directly related to the "acceptableness" of your source...

I didn't click your link, nor will I....

You are a liar...

Go get ONE lie of mine.

These facts distroy your arguement.

The country is improving no matter how much you wish it was not.

My comments were directly related to the "acceptableness" of your source...

I didn't click your link, nor will I....

You are a liar...

Go get ONE lie of mine.

These facts distroy your arguement.

The country is improving no matter how much you wish it was not.

That is a lie...

There you go....

The quarterly survey includes the views of 84 economists for private companies and trade groups who are NABE members. The data are reported by broad industry group. Many results are expressed as Net Rising Index, or NRI – the percentage of panelists reporting better outlooks minus the percentage whose outlook is bleaker.

The corprate economists are the ones saying they will be hiring.

You can not ignore teh impact of such information.

it will take place wether you choose to belive it or not.

Forum List

Back