Hillary: We have got to do something about gun violence in America

How many intruders or owould be attackers were shot or even scared away by guns last year vs kids accidentally shot?

Maybe its the media but I hear more of the latter anymore. Get me some stats please.

That is your best bet. Otherwise gun rights sounds like a lofty libersl college ideal base on a 240 yesr old war.
The figures for accidental gun deaths with children isn't out yet but 2013….under the age of 14…about 72…..
All accidental gun deaths in 2013… 505
All gun murders (including children) … 8,454
crimes stopped by law abiding citizens using guns… on average 2 million a year.
Note...
Even if that 2 million is off by 2 orders of magnitude...
20,000 crimes stopped compared to 9000 deaths.

I would not want it to be that close of a crime vs death ratio.

It's not….again, the lowest figure is 764,000 gun murders stopped to 8,454 gun murders. And the actual average number of crimes stopped or prevented, 2 million.

“We have got to do something about gun violence in America,” Clinton said to the media Wednesday at a press conference in Moneta, Va. “I will take it on. There are many people who face it and know it, but then turn away because it’s hard. It’s a very political, difficult issue in America, but I believe we are smart enough, we are compassionate enough, to figure out how to balance the legitimate Second Amendment rights with preventive measures and control measures so that whatever motivated this murderer, who eventually took his own life, we will not see more deaths — needless, senseless deaths.
Obama, Hillary Clinton Speak Out on Gun Violence After Virginia TV Shootings
Good to see Hillary isn't above using the blood of innocents to push her mindless agenda.

Tell us: what "preventive measures" would have stopped this crime?
Surely, you're smart enough and compassionate enough, to figure it out. Right?
There is NOTHING anyone can do to stop gun violence, absolutely nothing. Laws and regulations can not stop the bad guys, the mentally unstable, gangs, and criminals from getting their hands on guns. We can't stop illegal drugs, illegal immigration, terrorists, and certainly can't stop people from owning guns. Guns come across our borders, they're sold from the trucks of cars, sold on the internet, sold between friends, family, and neighbors. They're sold on the black market. Besides, owning guns is a right. People are not going to stop hunting and sport shooting. People are not going to turn in their valuable gun collections. Criminals are not going to turn in their hand guns, rifles, and shot guns. Gangs are not going to turn in their weapons.

Gun control is nothing more than fodder for news media and politicians. No one can stop gun ownership or gun possession.

How many intruders or owould be attackers were shot or even scared away by guns last year vs kids accidentally shot?

Maybe its the media but I hear more of the latter anymore. Get me some stats please.

That is your best bet. Otherwise gun rights sounds like a lofty libersl college ideal base on a 240 yesr old war.
The figures for accidental gun deaths with children isn't out yet but 2013….under the age of 14…about 72…..
Note...
OK...
300,000,000 gun in the US'
8454 gun-related murders
99.99719% of gun in the US are not involved in a murder.
That's about 1 in 35000 used in a murder.
How's that ratio?

Last edited:

Note...

Here are the numbers from 40 years of studies on gun self defense…..

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Note...

And as far as rape goes…guns are the most effective way to stop rape….

And here we have studies that show that guns are the most effective way to stop a rape.....
Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

A woman using a gun is less likely to be raped and more likely to not be injured during the attack....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

So, again a woman's best chance for stopping the rape and ultimately surviving the situation is to use a gun.....

I hate the left side of the gun debate

They really don't have a side in the debate because they don't debate. They know they lose when you discuss guns as a Right, as sacrosanct as the First Ammendment and Voting Rights, and they lose on truth and Reality, that more guns are used to stop violent crime than are used to commit violent crime.

“We have got to do something about gun violence in America,” Clinton said to the media Wednesday at a press conference in Moneta, Va. “I will take it on. There are many people who face it and know it, but then turn away because it’s hard. It’s a very political, difficult issue in America, but I believe we are smart enough, we are compassionate enough, to figure out how to balance the legitimate Second Amendment rights with preventive measures and control measures so that whatever motivated this murderer, who eventually took his own life, we will not see more deaths — needless, senseless deaths.
Good to see Hillary isn't above using the blood of innocents to push her mindless agenda.

Yes, liberals were all bent out of shape when I pointed out their disappointment that the kid in Oklahoma didn't use a gun, then right away a nut bag does use a gun and they prove me right.

No matter how you slice it, the left's plan is to continue to disarm victims in order to protect them. Yeah ... um ... no ...

Universal Background checks! Assault Weapons bans! Waiting periods!
Never mind none of them would have prevented this. In fact nothing would have prevented this. But libs dont let reality stand in the way of their fantasies.
We need universal background checks, waiting periods, and gun buy backs.
How would any of these prevented this crime?
See, the problem you lunatic gun nuts have with incidents like this is cherrypicking individual incidents. When countries do the 3 things I've listed, homicide is reduced, but violence never goes away, that's impossible, however, the facts don't lie.
So... you admit you cannot describe how the things you want would have prevented this crime.
Thank you for playing.
Stricter background checks could have recognized this mans instability.. Then again, you can never completely stop gun violence, and people already have guns in mass numbers..

LOL, you mean because if they have stricter background checks then they can't get a gun, LOL. Yeah.

I have a question for you on that, will mention you.

The tards were all upset yesterday that Obama had not spoken about the shooting in Virginia. Of course, they only waited five minutes to start whining about Obama not rushing to the nearest microphone. I pointed out he did not rush to the microphone when black people were killed, and so they once again were setting a hypocritical bar.

They thought this absence of Obama before the bodies were cold proved Obama was a hypocrite because he had spoken about some black deaths.

Well, let this topic be a reminder to be careful what you wish for, retards.

Good job contributing nothing of substance to this thread retard.

Stop it? Probably not

We are a second amendment nation. We have 300 million guns ready for you to resolve any grievance or conflict you may have. We are also a nation raised in a gun culture. Cowboys shooting it out in the street. Gangsters spraying machine guns.

Pissed at your boss? Heres a gun
Had it with your wife? Heres a gun
Guy cut you off in traffic? Heres a gun
Want to kill a bunch of first graders? Heres an AR-15

We need to admit that we prefer being an armed society than a safe society. People getting killed is a price we willingly pay

The tards were all upset yesterday that Obama had not spoken about the shooting in Virginia. Of course, they only waited five minutes to start whining about Obama not rushing to the nearest microphone. I pointed out he did not rush to the microphone when black people were killed, and so they once again were setting a hypocritical bar.

They thought this absence of Obama before the bodies were cold proved Obama was a hypocrite because he had spoken about some black deaths.

It's what a non-substantive thread deserves.

Where there is a liberal to defend, there is g5000 to defend them

Note...

But many crimes are committed with guns. That would've the number to look at.

It's what a non-substantive thread deserves.
Hillary's statement as it relates to the crime in question and gun control is non-substantive?
Who knew?

Note...

But many crimes are committed with guns. That would've the number to look at.

What about the number of people who are killed by a gun who are prevented legally from defending themselves with a gun? Is that a number to look at too?

Note...

And you know that the lowest number from all the studies is 764,000 times a year….and even the study of all gun research by the obama CDC in 2013, for 10 million dollars found a study that put the number at 500,000 as the lowest, and 3 million at the highest…and you can bet they were looking for the lowest number possible.

The largest study arrived at 108k. All your numbers are old, crime is down over 30% since those were done. 764k is like 500k in today's numbers.

Sure, you're smart enough and compassionate enough, to figure it out. Right?
Universal Background checks! Assault Weapons bans! Waiting periods!
Never mind none of them would have prevented this. In fact nothing would have prevented this. But libs dont let reality stand in the way of their fantasies.
We need universal background checks, waiting periods, and gun buy backs.

Tell us how any of that would have stopped this guy.

Forum List

Back