Hillary Clinton..."The People's Champion"!

don't listen to the radio.

The next thing you'll tell me is that the Dot Com Boom never happened...and that the GOP wasn't running Congress for the last six years of Clinton's two terms!

You exist in a parallel universe, Joey.

If the GOP Congress was a factor, then we wouldn't have had a recession the minute shithead Bush got into office. Which we pretty much did.
Of course there was that pesky little 9/11 thing.

don't listen to the radio.

The next thing you'll tell me is that the Dot Com Boom never happened...and that the GOP wasn't running Congress for the last six years of Clinton's two terms!

You exist in a parallel universe, Joey.

If the GOP Congress was a factor, then we wouldn't have had a recession the minute shithead Bush got into office. Which we pretty much did.

The recession you speak of was starting even before Clinton left office...it was the end of the Dot Com Boom. Do you not remember these things, Joey or are you deliberately obtuse? To say that the GOP Congress led by Newt Gingrich who gave us the "Contract with America" wasn't a "factor" is complete disinformation on your part! Of course it was a factor!

I thought he had us on the "right path", Joey? The fact is that Clinton's team changed many of the things that H.W. Bush negotiated. I know it KILLS you to admit that Clinton was all in on NAFTA but he was! So much for you trying to blame the ensuing job losses on the GOP!

He wasn't all in on NAFTA. He was just stuck with a treaty someone else negotiated.

That's bullshit, Joey...if Clinton didn't like what was in that treaty then he simply could have chosen not to sign it. No US President is "stuck" with agreements that a previous President negotiated.

Last edited:
Except every economist understands that it is a good thing. Or did you miss that day in Econ 101. Wait, you never took Econ 101. That explains a lot.

Do you really want to talk to real economists about what they think about "Supply Side" economics?

Most economists in 1980 said Supply Side wouldn't work, and they were right, it didn't.

Supply Side created the longest period of economic growth in our nation's history. Define "wouldn't work". Most of those economists in 1980 were wrong.

Compared to Barack Obama...Ronald Reagan was a miser with the Federal Budget. He added 1.86 Trillion to the deficit in eight years. Barry added 6.16 Trillion in only six years. Do you consider THAT "all kinds of fucked up"...or are we back in your parallel universe where 1.86 Trillion is more than 6.16 Trillion?

Except not really. Reagan found a Debt of less than a Trillion and added 3 trillion more. He quadrupled the national debt.

Obama found a debt of 11 Trillion and added 6 trillion. As a term of PERCENTAGE, Obama has come nowhere near Ray-gun.

Not to mention most of the things in Obama's Deficits like the War on a Credit Card and Obscene Tax Cuts for the Rich were baked into the pie.

So again, we have Republicans whining "Shiftless Negro didn't fix what we fucked up fast enough".

What Chutzpah!

And Joey plays the race card...once again signalling that he's lost yet another debate! :bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1:

Compared to Barack Obama...Ronald Reagan was a miser with the Federal Budget. He added 1.86 Trillion to the deficit in eight years. Barry added 6.16 Trillion in only six years. Do you consider THAT "all kinds of fucked up"...or are we back in your parallel universe where 1.86 Trillion is more than 6.16 Trillion?

Except not really. Reagan found a Debt of less than a Trillion and added 3 trillion more. He quadrupled the national debt.

Obama found a debt of 11 Trillion and added 6 trillion. As a term of PERCENTAGE, Obama has come nowhere near Ray-gun.

Not to mention most of the things in Obama's Deficits like the War on a Credit Card and Obscene Tax Cuts for the Rich were baked into the pie.

So again, we have Republicans whining "Shiftless Negro didn't fix what we fucked up fast enough".

What Chutzpah!

And Joey plays the race card...once again signalling that he's lost yet another debate! :bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1:
Joe consistently loses because his views are at odds with reality. In Joe's world Reagan ushered in an era of low growth, low prosperity, and high income inequality that the next 30 years and 4 presidents have been unable to fix. Of course the truth is almost the exact opposite. But when Joe comes smack up against reality reality wins, every time.

The recession you speak of was starting even before Clinton left office...it was the end of the Dot Com Boom. Do you not remember these things, Joey or are you deliberately obtuse? To say that the GOP Congress led by Newt Gingrich who gave us the "Contract with America" wasn't a "factor" is complete disinformation on your part! Of course it was a factor!

Actually, the "Contract on America' wasn't a factor at all. IT was a bunch of cosmetic things that had no effect on the economy at all.

There's a reason why Dole hated Gingrich, you know. There was a reason why Gingrich's own caucus ran him out on a rail.

What I remember was when Clinton was in office, if I hated my job, I could send out a resume and get a new one in a week. That's what I remember.

Bush. Not so much.

Joe consistently loses because his views are at odds with reality. In Joe's world Reagan ushered in an era of low growth, low prosperity, and high income inequality that the next 30 years and 4 presidents have been unable to fix. Of course the truth is almost the exact opposite. But when Joe comes smack up against reality reality wins, every time.

Uh, Ray-gun was a horrible president.

You see, I remember what America looked like before Reagan gutted the middle class.

That's bullshit, Joey...if Clinton didn't like what was in that treaty then he simply could have chosen not to sign it. No US President is "stuck" with agreements that a previous President negotiated.

Well, no, he couldn't have. You see, if a treaty is "only good as long as i'm in office," treaties would be kind of useless and there'd be no reason to negotiate them.

Supply Side created the longest period of economic growth in our nation's history. Define "wouldn't work". Most of those economists in 1980 were wrong.

No, they weren't. Supply side failed, which is why Reagan, Bush and Clinton all had to raise taxes because it was such a failure.

Well, no, he couldn't have. You see, if a treaty is "only good as long as i'm in office," treaties would be kind of useless and there'd be no reason to negotiate them.

No, they weren't. Supply side failed, which is why Reagan, Bush and Clinton all had to raise taxes because it was such a failure.

The treaty wasn't SIGNED yet, you blathering idiot! Until a treaty is signed...it doesn't exist and nobody is bound to the terms. Bill Clinton signed the NAFTA treaty because Bill Clinton thought NAFTA was a good idea. I know you don't want to admit that...but it happens to be true.

As for your claim that Supply Side "failed"? Kindly explain why it created the longest period of sustained economic growth in our nation's history if it didn't work?

Uh, Ray-gun was a horrible president.

You see, I remember what America looked like before Reagan gutted the middle class.

Before Reagan was Jimmy Carter. Do you remember how bad things were under Carter, Joey? I do! They invented the "Misery Index" during those years because things WERE miserable!

The treaty wasn't SIGNED yet, you blathering idiot! Until a treaty is signed...it doesn't exist and nobody is bound to the terms. Bill Clinton signed the NAFTA treaty because Bill Clinton thought NAFTA was a good idea. I know you don't want to admit that...but it happens to be true.

Uh, no. The point was, Clinton couldn't go back to Mexico and Canada and say, "Well, I don't like these provisions, let's start from scratch!" That's not negotiating in good faith. I'm sorry you don't understand how these things work, but it's very hard to renegotiate a treaty AFTER it's been agreed to.

As for your claim that Supply Side "failed"? Kindly explain why it created the longest period of sustained economic growth in our nation's history if it didn't work?

It did nothing of the sort. Let's review, shall we. Reagan cut taxes on Rich people in 1981. The deficit ballooned from 900 billion to 1 TRILLION by the end of his first term. Mondale said, "Hey, we got to raise taxes!" and lost 49 state. The last time a politician was honest with us.

Then Ronnie Raygun passed Grahmn Rudman and tax reform and the social security reform act, all of which raised taxes. And unlike today's canonization of Raygun, Conservatives were damned pissed off at him. That's why Bush gave the READ MY LIPS promise in 1988.

And then we found out we didn't have enough money to cover the collapse of the S&L system caused by Reagan's lax regulation of the banking industry. So Bush had to raise taxes. Conservatives had a hissy and started looking at supporting Nazis in the primaries. (thankfully Pat Buchanan ran so David Duke wasn't the alternative. Better a Crypto-Nazi than a Outright Nazi.) Bush lost when he sucked up to the crazies too much, and Clinton finally did what should have been done, RAISE TAXES ON THE RICH.

And that's when we had economic prosperity, we had budget surpluses, we had rising wages. things were good, and the Bush Crime Family couldnt' wait to fuck that up, even if they had to steal an election to get there.

Yeah our side is racist. That's why the GOP is the only party with a black candidate and two Hispanics while the Democrats are running rich white geriatrics.

Um, yeah, White Cuban exiles count as "hispanics", no really. and an Uncle Tom telling you how shiftless black folks are count as a black candidate.

When you make one your nominee, instead of the old white guy you will nominate, let me know.

Otherwise, these are just bridesmaids in ugly dresses making the bride look better.

Before Reagan was Jimmy Carter. Do you remember how bad things were under Carter, Joey? I do! They invented the "Misery Index" during those years because things WERE miserable!

And they got worse under Reagan. 11.3 unemployment at it's height. at the end of Reagan's first term, unemployment was still as high as it was when he first got elected.

Uh, no. The point was, Clinton couldn't go back to Mexico and Canada and say, "Well, I don't like these provisions, let's start from scratch!" That's not negotiating in good faith. I'm sorry you don't understand how these things work, but it's very hard to renegotiate a treaty AFTER it's been agreed to.

It did nothing of the sort. Let's review, shall we. Reagan cut taxes on Rich people in 1981. The deficit ballooned from 900 billion to 1 TRILLION by the end of his first term. Mondale said, "Hey, we got to raise taxes!" and lost 49 state. The last time a politician was honest with us.

Then Ronnie Raygun passed Grahmn Rudman and tax reform and the social security reform act, all of which raised taxes. And unlike today's canonization of Raygun, Conservatives were damned pissed off at him. That's why Bush gave the READ MY LIPS promise in 1988.

And then we found out we didn't have enough money to cover the collapse of the S&L system caused by Reagan's lax regulation of the banking industry. So Bush had to raise taxes. Conservatives had a hissy and started looking at supporting Nazis in the primaries. (thankfully Pat Buchanan ran so David Duke wasn't the alternative. Better a Crypto-Nazi than a Outright Nazi.) Bush lost when he sucked up to the crazies too much, and Clinton finally did what should have been done, RAISE TAXES ON THE RICH.

And that's when we had economic prosperity, we had budget surpluses, we had rising wages. things were good, and the Bush Crime Family couldnt' wait to fuck that up, even if they had to steal an election to get there.

Dude, I know you live in your own little fantasy world but the truth has always been and always will be that overall Reagan cut taxes and he cut them for everyone. You so desperately want to believe the opposite and it's simply not true. Reagan cut taxes and amazingly the amount of revenue that we took in only went down slightly. Why? Because the Laffler Curve works that's why!

And they got worse under Reagan. 11.3 unemployment at it's height. at the end of Reagan's first term, unemployment was still as high as it was when he first got elected.

That's because Reagan inherited Stagflation from Jimmy Carter. He had to deal with rampant inflation along with high unemployment numbers. Of course you don't remember THAT, Joey because in your little fantasy world, Jimmy Carter was great for the economy! Reagan's first priority was to attack inflation and he did so by tightening up the money supply which in turn increased unemployment. Once he had inflation under control...then and only then did he attack unemployment. You see the reason that Reagan won a second term by the huge margin that he did was that the electorate understood what his plan was to fix the economy and could see that it was working.

Forum List

Back