Hillary Clinton knew she was unlikable.

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Hillary Clinton to Campaign Staff: 'I Am Getting Pretty Tired of Hearing About How Nobody Likes Me'

Hillary Clinton knew there were concerns about her "likeability" as a candidate, but as early as July 2016—just after President Donald Trump became the Republican nominee—she apparently decided she would stop caring.

In a new book on the Clinton campaign, Chasing Hillary: Ten Years, Two Presidential Campaigns, and One Intact Glass Ceiling, New York Times reporter-at-large Amy Chozick recalled the Democratic nominee brushing off her staff's reminders about her foundering favorability.

"A week earlier, she’d cut off Joel [Benenson] and the pollster John Anzalone, as they walked her through the almost daily reminder that half the country disliked her,” Chozick wrote, according to the Daily Beast, noting that the conversation had happened around the time of the Republican National Convention. "'You know, I am getting pretty tired of hearing about how nobody likes me,' she said."

According to Chozick, Clinton went on to wonder: "'Oh, what's the point? They're never going to like me.'"

Clinton had resigned herself to the idea that there was nothing she could do to win over voters who didn't already look favorably on her. Eventually, her own campaign seemed to adjust to the same idea, arguing that Clinton could sail to victory even without high likeability polling.

When donors asked Clinton's campaign headquarters how they "planned...to pull Hillary's trust numbers out of the toilet," Chozick wrote that "the answer was always the same: nothing. Podesta would explain ‘I remember no one trusted Bill Clinton and he won twice.'"

The misguided calculation, Chozick suggested, is part of what cost Clinton her chance at being the first woman president.

Hillary Clinton resigned herself to the belief that there was nothing she could do to make voters like her, according to a new book on her campaign. Drew Angerer/Getty Images " data-reactid="31"> Hillary Clinton resigned herself to the belief that there was nothing she could do to make voters like her, according to a new book on her campaign. Drew Angerer/Getty Images

Washington Post/ABC News poll[/a] emerged showing that Clinton's favorability had just hit a record low with Americans. Just 41 percent held a positive view of her, while a historic 56 percent viewed her unfavorably—the worst ratings Clinton had ever received during her decades in the public eye....

No, it wasn't the Russians, you morons at the mainstream media. Americans just don't like or trust the Clintons.

Hillary should have known she was unlikable when her parents sat her down and explained to her that she was adopted.

She gasped and said, "I knew it! I knew it! I knew you were not my real parents!"

Her dad and mom then retorted, "No, no, we are your real biological parents, but your adopted parents will be picking you up in about an hour so get your things ready"

Hillary Clinton to Campaign Staff: 'I Am Getting Pretty Tired of Hearing About How Nobody Likes Me'

Hillary Clinton knew there were concerns about her "likeability" as a candidate, but as early as July 2016—just after President Donald Trump became the Republican nominee—she apparently decided she would stop caring.

In a new book on the Clinton campaign, Chasing Hillary: Ten Years, Two Presidential Campaigns, and One Intact Glass Ceiling, New York Times reporter-at-large Amy Chozick recalled the Democratic nominee brushing off her staff's reminders about her foundering favorability.

"A week earlier, she’d cut off Joel [Benenson] and the pollster John Anzalone, as they walked her through the almost daily reminder that half the country disliked her,” Chozick wrote, according to the Daily Beast, noting that the conversation had happened around the time of the Republican National Convention. "'You know, I am getting pretty tired of hearing about how nobody likes me,' she said."

According to Chozick, Clinton went on to wonder: "'Oh, what's the point? They're never going to like me.'"

Clinton had resigned herself to the idea that there was nothing she could do to win over voters who didn't already look favorably on her. Eventually, her own campaign seemed to adjust to the same idea, arguing that Clinton could sail to victory even without high likeability polling.

When donors asked Clinton's campaign headquarters how they "planned...to pull Hillary's trust numbers out of the toilet," Chozick wrote that "the answer was always the same: nothing. Podesta would explain ‘I remember no one trusted Bill Clinton and he won twice.'"

The misguided calculation, Chozick suggested, is part of what cost Clinton her chance at being the first woman president.

Hillary Clinton resigned herself to the belief that there was nothing she could do to make voters like her, according to a new book on her campaign. Drew Angerer/Getty Images " data-reactid="31"> Hillary Clinton resigned herself to the belief that there was nothing she could do to make voters like her, according to a new book on her campaign. Drew Angerer/Getty Images

Washington Post/ABC News poll[/a] emerged showing that Clinton's favorability had just hit a record low with Americans. Just 41 percent held a positive view of her, while a historic 56 percent viewed her unfavorably—the worst ratings Clinton had ever received during her decades in the public eye....

No, it wasn't the Russians, you morons at the mainstream media. Americans just don't like or trust the Clintons.
i think pretty much tired of "dynasty families" overall. bush, clinton, bush, clinton, bush, squeeze in obama and we were done. jeb didn't stand a chance mostly cause of 2 things. he's a bush and he's a dumbass.

I've heard from people who know that in a small group she's nice and knowledgeable. But there's just no excuse for her use of a private email server to raise money for a foundation while SoS. It's hubris.

And it was a perfect storm. Trump's literally self-admitted sexual assaults should have doomed him, but she was exactly the wrong messenger to educated white women who've divorced men who did much less than Bill

Too bad brainwashed ignorant GOP voters don't know the the difference in policy between the two parties and actually vote based on malevolent BS gossip character assassination and pure garbage. It's not surprising Hillary seems cold in public often after 25 years of pure BS hate propaganda against her that more than half the country believes some of anyway.

Unlickable?

I've heard from people who know that in a small group she's nice and knowledgeable. But there's just no excuse for her use of a private email server to raise money for a foundation while SoS. It's hubris.

And it was a perfect storm. Trump's literally self-admitted sexual assaults should have doomed him, but she was exactly the wrong messenger to educated white women who've divorced men who did much less than Bill
Link to her raising money for the foundation through her server? Can't find it

I think the real cutoff was from her 'deplorable' comment.

you either supported hillary or you were less than human.

anyone that voted for her, voted for hate, most Americans aren't full of hate

Forum List

Back